College Basketball 2021-2022

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

College Basketball 2021-2022

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, well College Basketball is a mess imo.
The transfer portal along with the one and done rule have just absolutely ruined the game imo.
That being said, if your gonna have the transfer portal then at least do away with the one and done rule.
Why make an 18 year old ADULT attend college a year if they don't want to. I think I know why. Money.
They want to help the NCAA in any way they can.
Especially after LeBron James.
At any rate, I feel supremely confident these two things, the one and done rule and the transfer portal are the very reason why Roy Williams retired and why Coach K is on his way out.
Yeah, it's very sad state of affairs imo.
So here's to a supremely lackluster year and even worse years from here on out.
sok

Re: College Basketball 2021-2022

Post by sok »

I am an OKC Thunder fan. And since they are in tank mode, the only interest I have in college ball is the potential draft picks for the Thunder. I watched a little bit of Auburn today. They have a couple of big men that look interesting. As of right now the Thunder have three first round picks of 4, 15, and 30. Tankathon is my bible.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

https://www.tankathon.com/
Last edited by sok on Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

sok wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:47 pm
I am an OKC Thunder fan. And since they are in tank mode, the only interest I have in college ball is the potential draft picks for the Thunder. I watched a little bit of Auburn today. They have a couple of big men that look interesting. As of right now the Thunder have three first round picks of 4, 15, and 30. Tankathon is my bible.

https://www.tankathon.com/

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
Man, those were some good days in OKC when yall had both Westbrook and Durant.
I always wanted to see OKC win it all when they had those two.
sok

Post by sok »

Yeah, the Thunder were legit contenders when Durant was there. They were still fun to root for after he left. Lots of big names passed through like Paul George and Chris Paul. The general manager, Presti, decided to burn it all down and start over.

They have Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Josh Giddey to build around with 18 first round picks over the next six years. Tanking sucks though and the lottery gods were not kind to us last year. Hopefully they can have better luck in the upcoming lottery. Presti gutted our inside game to facilitate the tank. We basically have no center or power forward to speak of. Hopefully they can fill those voids over the offseason and start trying to win.

Here is our first round picks over the next six years.Most of them should convey. At worst they should get about 15 of them over the next six years. This is not even counting 17 second round picks over the same period of time that they will have.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

That's awesome sok. You truly are a fan.
Let's just hope they make some wise picks.
But, it's still a gamble.
I would love to see an N.B.A. game someday. As well as an N.F.L. game too.
sok

Post by sok »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 am
That's awesome sok. You truly are a fan.
Let's just hope they make some wise picks.
But, it's still a gamble.
I would love to see an N.B.A. game someday. As well as an N.F.L. game too.
It’s a train wreck atm. Sorry to derail this thread straight out of the gate. I will now return you to regularly scheduled programming.
sok

Post by sok »

Double post. Dang it!
Last edited by sok on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sok

Post by sok »

Triple post. WooHoo!
Last edited by sok on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

sok wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:53 am
It’s a train wreck atm. Sorry to derail this thread straight out of the gate. I will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Oh heck, don't even worry about it man.
Seriously, your putting out some good content!
Keep on with it
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I follow college basketball closer than pro . I’m not happy with the one and done either . The athletic scholarship was supposed to be for an education not to draw attention to get a pro contract . I know things have changed over the years but I think the NCAA is doing a disservice to these young men for profit . The only way to remedy is have the same protocol as football . Let them develop their game and maturity to be better players and men . Sorry this subject sorta riles me up . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:45 am
I follow college basketball closer than pro . I’m not happy with the one and done either . The athletic scholarship was supposed to be for an education not to draw attention to get a pro contract . I know things have changed over the years but I think the NCAA is doing a disservice to these young men for profit . The only way to remedy is have the same protocol as football . Let them develop their game and maturity to be better players and men . Sorry this subject sorta riles me up . MG2
No! That's good stuff man.
I think we're on the same page. I also think most people are on our/same page.
I'll also say this. I feel it's rather obvious the teams and games these days are just comical compared to the teams of even just a few years ago.
Most teams aren't very good at all.
For example, to REALLY learn the game it takes years.
North Carolina and Duke are prime examples of this.
The North Carolina and Duke teams of the past and other teams as well, that actually had juniors and seniors that could've easily went pro after their freshman year, man those were some hellacious teams!! ( Carolina and Duke are just an example) - but the teams now a days - it's a Clown show almost.
sok

Post by sok »

Yeah, I think it is only going to get worse. I think things are going to trend towards the great high school basketball players using their "one and done" year to play in the gleague or overseas in order to make some cash.

Initially, I was against college players getting paid. Maybe the NIL money is what will save college basketball. Who knows?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, Coach K will be in Chapel Hill this evening for the last time.
And, its very possible that it's gonna be a great last time. I know that Duke vs Carolina has never failed to deliver but, it may this evening.
It just all depends on Carolina to be honest.
Michael Jordan gave them a little pep talk not long ago and they played with heart. That's all I ask for this evening, is that they play with heart.
And, it breaks my heart to even say that, that it could ever be said that the North Carolina Tar Heels might not play with heart......times have indeed changed.
Nonetheless, as always, Go Heels!!!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:23 pm
Well, Coach K will be in Chapel Hill this evening for the last time.
And, its very possible that it's gonna be a great last time. I know that Duke vs Carolina has never failed to deliver but, it may this evening.
It just all depends on Carolina to be honest.
Michael Jordan gave them a little pep talk not long ago and they played with heart. That's all I ask for this evening, is that they play with heart.
And, it breaks my heart to even say that, that it could ever be said that the North Carolina Tar Heels might not play with heart......times have indeed changed.
Nonetheless, as always, Go Heels!!!
I know what you are saying , Illinois has had injuries and COVID protocol early this year and have not given up . Big Ten is tough this year . Everybody is back now and played good against Indiana beat them on their court . Rough schedule a head . Go Illini !
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, Dan, my Heels did not play with heart, except for our Oklahoma transfer, Brady Manek.
We got WORKED by Duke last night to the tune of a 20 point blow out loss- 87-67
Carolina is a real mess right now. Imo, the problems are Hubert (Coach Davis) is running a pro style offense and it's absolutely not working. A big reason why it's not working is because and, again, imo, Hubert is so passive. These kids aren't pros and he can't just sit on the bench and expect them to get it together.
It's so infuriating! Plus, he will not use time outs and just absolutely gasses our starting five because he won't hardly substitute or bench anyone. But, the worst thing is he just sits there mostly. He should be chewing their arses out and benching them when they dont play with heart!! These are kids and the need motivating for crying out loud. Everyone around Carolina talks about how they play with no heart, no fire. Well, attitude reflects leadership. Period.
I'm sorry for the rant but, it helps to vent a little. Especially after a blowout loss to Duke.