Glock and Spyderco collaberation

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nuh Nups

Re: Glock and Spyderco collaberation

Post by Nuh Nups »

219DF684-64F4-4F1F-AAF7-81CB9B393A56.jpeg
I have one. Figured I should post a pic.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

That was a Lone Wolf exclusive, I believe. Only related to Glock in that Lone Wolf is a distributor and maker of Glock upgrades.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 pm
That was a Lone Wolf exclusive, I believe. Only related to Glock in that Lone Wolf is a distributor and maker of Glock upgrades.
Correct, it is an exclusive from Lone Wolf Distributors. It is not an actual collaboration with Glock inc. It only features the pin punch tool used for disassembling glocks.

It’s actually still produced and currently available - https://www.lonewolfdist.com/PRODUCT/1076/lwd-at2/
-Nick :bug-red
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:58 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 pm
Correct, it is an exclusive from Lone Wolf Distributors. It is not an actual collaboration with Glock inc. It only features the pin punch tool used for disassembling glocks.

It’s actually still produced and currently available - https://www.lonewolfdist.com/PRODUCT/1076/lwd-at2/
JRinFL,
I’m aware. It was mentioned in other posts and Mushroom posted a link. Just wanted to add a pic. :winking-tongue
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
sal

Post by sal »

Hi RamondBB,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Reject

Post by Reject »

How much can a Koala bear?
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

I’d rather see a project with Smith and Wesson. Glock essentially offers one type of gun. Spyderco (and S&W) offer a wide variety of something for everyone. Glock spends years reacting to market trends (Glock 43, etc) and doesn’t take chances, whereas Spyderco (and S&W) innovate far more often. Spyderco uses interesting and unexplored steels and pushes the envelope. Smith and Wesson did the same with scandium and titanium and 7 and 8 shot 357/38 revolvers.

Plus, S&W knives aren’t exactly the highest of quality... They need someone legit!
yogibearal

Post by yogibearal »

I do like Glocks for what they are (I have 2 Glocks + 2 "Glock patterned" custom builds), but they don't have the same vibe as a Spyderco IMO. As far as Glock grip angles are concerned there are several remedies, including going to aftermarket frames or using back spacers to achieve a grip angle similar to 1911. All of mine (except for the tiny G43) are 1911 grip angles.

In general I think a collaboration between Spyderco and an arms company is a good thing. So many folks already combine the 2. I see many at the range, and many Spydies are even sold through gun stores. To collaborate though, I'd hope it would be with a company that stands for similar values and qualities as what I consider Spyderco products represents. Glock "perfection" unfortunately isn't one of them :) + I like more exclusives/sprints. :)
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

I always saw Spyderco and Ruger getting together...

I wrote a few letters to Bill Ruger in the day... I owned a 357 Blackhawk, stainless 357 Security Six with the first Aimpoint Red Dot sight mounted, and a stainless Mini 14.
Bill sent me a free trigger group for the Mini to polish and "play with".

I know that Ruger have done folders, but you never know about a SpydeRugerCo collab? :)

Call it the Slice-Hawk!
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

Stuart Ackerman wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:02 am
I always saw Spyderco and Ruger getting together...

I wrote a few letters to Bill Ruger in the day... I owned a 357 Blackhawk, stainless 357 Security Six with the first Aimpoint Red Dot sight mounted, and a stainless Mini 14.
Bill sent me a free trigger group for the Mini to polish and "play with".

I know that Ruger have done folders, but you never know about a SpydeRugerCo collab? :)

Call it the Slice-Hawk!
I remember Ruger working with CRKT and H&K working with Benchmade a few years ago. If Ruger and Spyderco did collab, something like the Ed Schemp Bowie would be a cool pairing with their stainless single action revolvers. Especially if they value-tized the Bowie with some FRN. Could be a modern western vibe kinda thing.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Michael Janich explained in a thread a few weeks back why gunmakers so often end up with low quality knives. It has something to do with their expected profit margins that are very different than knife maker profits. Do not hold your breath for Ruger or S&W or really anyone else teaming with Spyderco. Kahr was a one off and unlikely to return.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

If you have a Glock 43 and a Spyderco Introvert, overlay them and take a look. The 43 came out after the introvert, but the ergonomics show both companies' devotion to the study of ergonomics.

Being that those are my edc combo, it's nice for ambidextrous training.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I hope no one here is advocating that my Glock 43 and my Spydies should have the same ergonomics, only that each should BE ergonomic, as in fact they are.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
RaymondBB

Post by RaymondBB »

I think someday they gonna produce the Glock which would fit our hands perfectly. Just need to wait...
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

The only problem I can see with this collaboration is that I’d have to send out the knife to have everything upgraded on it. :winking-tongue