Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fireman

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Fireman »

This sounds like the Banach-Tarski paradox

https://youtu.be/s86-Z-CbaHA
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:16 am
I’m working on a new project! MNOSD Member of the Month ! This is how it will work : all members are contestants, if chosen that individual will pick the next winner . Humor is required and why this member deserves this esteemed accolade. “ What say ye ?” I can start it for the month of January. 0002
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
LakeOconee

Post by LakeOconee »

Greetings and Salutations to MNOSD!

We are back home now, after evacuation due to a recent sighting of the Creature from Lake Sinclair.

Here are some responses that were thereby delayed:

A)
Regarding the washing of socks I am quite lucky, as Mrs. LakeOconee has another hobby besides sharpening pencils.
My sock drawer is always full of clean socks, and my Spyderco knives bask in their warmth fresh from the dryer.
Our municipal water does come from the lake though, so we are technically washing socks in the Creature’s water.

B)
Regarding refridgerators, now I know where to send my extra stickers!
Of course I knew at once that your fridge was not in your kitchen, since Faux Damascus is the current rage.
And best wishes to Mrs. MG2 in her recovery.

C)
Regarding the MNOSD Member of the Month idea, I humbly propose a “voting-on-creativity theme” concept.
Interested members could submit something to the thread within a time frame, then each member would
vote for their favorite, most votes wins. Themes might be “best sock drawer photo” and so on and so on?

Yours in service, #0037.
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
LakeOconee

Post by LakeOconee »

Thank you Fireman, for the video which I will watch in entirety later.

First I must consume vast quantities of chocolate with my evening coffee.

Yours in service, #0037.
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

LakeOconee wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Greetings and Salutations to MNOSD!

We are back home now, after evacuation due to a recent sighting of the Creature from Lake Sinclair.

Here are some responses that were thereby delayed:

A)
Regarding the washing of socks I am quite lucky, as Mrs. LakeOconee has another hobby besides sharpening pencils.
My sock drawer is always full of clean socks, and my Spyderco knives bask in their warmth fresh from the dryer.
Our municipal water does come from the lake though, so we are technically washing socks in the Creature’s water.

B)
Regarding refridgerators, now I know where to send my extra stickers!
Of course I knew at once that your fridge was not in your kitchen, since Faux Damascus is the current rage.
And best wishes to Mrs. MG2 in her recovery.

C)
Regarding the MNOSD Member of the Month idea, I humbly propose a “voting-on-creativity theme” concept.
Interested members could submit something to the thread within a time frame, then each member would
vote for their favorite, most votes wins. Themes might be “best sock drawer photo” and so on and so on?

Yours in service, #0037.
Thank you for best wishes to the CEO . She will take off wrap and bandage tomorrow. I like the sock drawer pic contest. That would be a hoot ! I’m just bouncing some ideas around. What 0003 might come up with could be dangerous . Hope all might have some suggestions. And I never turn down stickers . 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:50 pm
We just say chilly here. 🤣 Never cold!
Sismjust sent to me a few minutes ago . Just South of Wasilla , Alaska landing strip . Heat wave 22 degrees . Definitely a a wool sock day excerising dogs .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 pm
JSumm wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:50 pm
We just say chilly here. 🤣 Never cold!
Sis just sent to me a few minutes ago . Just South of Wasilla , Alaska landing strip . Heat wave 22 degrees . Definitely a a wool sock day excerising dogs .
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

LakeOconee wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm

Yours in service, #0037.
Who could not use infinite chocolate?
Don’t tell the women folk :winking-tongue
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 pm
LakeOconee wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm

Yours in service, #0037.
Who could not use infinite chocolate?
Don’t tell the women folk :winking-tongue
We have my chocolate and your chocolate. You don’t have to guess who has the most chocolate. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

It’s modern day alchemy. I swear chocolate is the catnip for women.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Not to side track the chocolate talk, but I have important MNOSD business to address with current members (in good standing.)

I can’t tell you my sources (sneeze TazKristi) but my sources tell me Spyderco will not be attending Bladeshow Texas. So I’m taking the honor of sending Sal one of our tee shirts to Golden.

My question to pose to the group, along with a chocolate bar, what color tee shirt do you guys think Sal would like? I am voting for an earth tone myself. I think JSumm had a nice color.

P.S. wasn’t I terminated? Alas my ghost must be writing you all… sadly guys in this state I must say knife edges still cut.
“the edge is more tangible than a ghost.”
-Kevin
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I chose dark colors and the logo is very subdued on dark colors. Pictures I have seen of Sal he is wearing a lot blue and sometimes burgundy.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

The one JSumm got looked good. What style tee was that and the color name? Do you think Eric might want one?
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

The Tri-Blend I got had some cool colors. The red actually looks pretty good too. The logo would stand out more and the colors would match Spyderco. Thanks for doing that Kevin.

P. S. I will put in a good word with the higher ups.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm
The Tri-Blend I got had some cool colors. The red actually looks pretty good too. The logo would stand out more and the colors would match Spyderco. Thanks for doing that Kevin.

P. S. I will put in a good word with the higher ups.
I like the color too . On the subject of Sal , I think it is a great gesture . My biggest concern is if he would think it is appropriate ? I would,like everyone’s comments.I am just looking at the big picture ,if others would be offended outside our membership and have a negative impact on Sal . I’m definitely not trying to rain on the party here , just don’t want to start a conflict among other Forum members . Hope I am making some sense. One of my shirts coming is red . Maybe tomorrow? Definitely have a Lynch clip in the box tomorrow. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am
Not to side track the chocolate talk, but I have important MNOSD business to address with current members (in good standing.)

I can’t tell you my sources (sneeze TazKristi) but my sources tell me Spyderco will not be attending Bladeshow Texas. So I’m taking the honor of sending Sal one of our tee shirts to Golden.

My question to pose to the group, along with a chocolate bar, what color tee shirt do you guys think Sal would like? I am voting for an earth tone myself. I think JSumm had a nice color.

P.S. wasn’t I terminated? Alas my ghost must be writing you all… sadly guys in this state I must say knife edges still cut.
-Kevin
If you are going to do a shirt , Red would be perfect . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:41 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:

-Kevin
If you are going to do a shirt , Red would be perfect . 0002
Of course I’ll do it, and also I will write a nice letter with a thank you for letting us all laugh together within the off topic section of Spyderco’s forum.

The MNOSD is not an exclusive group (minding no one questions authority.) I think if Sal knew of this group he would get a laugh out of it. Think of it (a group within a group, but in that group not exclusive to the other group.) Very paradoxical!

I have a blue shirt coming this week, and will take a head count of recommendations at the end of this week.

I know one thing that might upset Sal via post.
A. Being mailed poop
B. Being mailed gas station knives
And
C. Being mailed both A and B
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I guess it is going to be our time of fame on fortune . I do think Sal is well aware of MNOSD . 0009 has spoken and will begin the trail of fire ! 0002
Last edited by Manixguy@1994 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Fireman wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:05 pm
The one JSumm got looked good. What style tee was that and the color name? Do you think Eric might want one?
I think you should jump on this idea like a kangaroo on roller skates ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Sock fonts anyone?

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Kevinim82 wrote:
So I’m taking the honor of sending Sal one of our tee shirts to Golden.

Regards the shirt for Sal & Eric: I think it's a fine gesture and they'll get a good chuckle out of it; they seem to have good senses of humor. Actually it is Sal who is often trying to keep things lighthearted on the forum, and what is MNOSD if not lighthearted?

Regards payment for shirt for Sal & Eric: I can pitch in, where do I send some coin? Kevin send me a PM, maybe you can include your paypal addy?

Regards chocolate: Love it, should definitely be part of MNOSD lore and tradtion, but darned if the stuff doesn't shrink my pants something fierce.

Hey! This is post 3003 for me. Coincidence? --0003.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189