StNicksKnives Native Chief in Black CPM 4V and Red G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: StNicksKnives Native Chief in Black CPM 4V and Red G10

Post by RamZar »

Looks like it will sell out in about 4 hours from the time it went on sale at 12:00pm CT today.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I love big knife sprints that don't sell fast.

It was still there this afternoon, so I bought one.

Got Rex45, M4, S90V, and 4V Chiefs. Not the worst knives you could buy.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

This knife has sold faster than most other Golden exclusives in the past year. If anybody is wondering why it didn't sell in two minutes, I suggest an examination of external economic factors.
vivi

Post by vivi »

shunsui wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm
I love big knife sprints that don't sell fast.

It was still there this afternoon, so I bought one.

Got Rex45, M4, S90V, and 4V Chiefs. Not the worst knives you could buy.
That's an awesome variety of steels to be able to choose from. Maybe I'll pick up an S90V myself someday.

I'm really interested to see how 4V sharpens.
:unicorn
SLOSpyder

Post by SLOSpyder »

And sold out at 1609 CT
Accutron wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm
This knife has sold faster than most other Golden exclusives in the past year. If anybody is wondering why it didn't sell in two minutes, I suggest an examination of external economic factors.
Agreed. Haven’t really been financially hit by this COVID economy but I’ve tried to stay away from the forum so I don’t lust after knives. Couple I wish o got though. The White Para 3 and the REC Shaman come to mind. But within 3 days of being back on here I’ve bought the SNK Chief and two of the Fredon PM2s.
Last edited by SLOSpyder on Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kataphraktos

Post by kataphraktos »

I left that browser window open and saw it down to 5 left so lost my self-control—inbound. Sigh. Either this one or the Rex45 will have to move on, I guess
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

vivi wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Maybe I'll pick up an S90V myself someday.
Expensive, but still around:

https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... er-handle/
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Well its OOS now.
Glad I remembered about this at 3:00 EST when there were about 60 left.
One inbound to give the M4 and XHP ones some company in the sock drawer.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

You rock, RamZar.

(you too, Buddafucco)
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

I love 1 knife per customer on these runs.
All sprints should be like this.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I'm not big on blade coatings, but I like the Chief and I didn't have one in 4V, so I decided to try for it. Painless two minute process over the cellular network, confirmation e-mail before the page refreshed to say the order was in, got the shipping notice a little later. Well done St. Nick's!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

shunsui wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm
You rock, RamZar.

(you too, Buddafucco)

Lots of good information on Exclusives/Sprints since JAN 2019 in the thread below which is a collaboration between RamZar & Buddafucco:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90980
yogibearal

Post by yogibearal »

Usually a Native 5 guy but that ship has sailed on the St Nicks, so giving this a try. Something about Red and Black works for me. Will also be my first 4v.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Since I cannot pick up another 4V Native Chief, I'll go for a 2nd S90V model if they are still around when I have the cash.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

I’d rather have two in 4V but you guys aren’t helping me resist a second in S90V.
drnate

Post by drnate »

I don’t have anything in 4V, but I had a noon conference today; thought I might be out of luck on this one. But, at 1pm, still available, so I’ll soon be the proud owner of a 4V native chief.

Agree with everyone else, super smooth transaction with st. Nicks. Got a shipping notice 20 minutes after my purchase confirmation.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

St. Nick’s posted some good data on the sale of this exclusive:

“Thank you for everyone’s support on our Native Chief Exclusive! We had 510 knives available to drop with a total of 548 knives made available to us (38 went to either locals or store employees and around 600 total were made with the difference going to the Collector’s Club or Spyderco Employees). They sold out right at a little over 4 hours. Without this great community and all of the amazing people who support us, these knives wouldn’t be possible. All knives have been packed and are ready to ship tomorrow morning if they haven’t already been dropped off this evening. Thanks again and we look forward to bringing some more Red and Black 4V goodness to y’all!”

Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

RamZar wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 pm
St. Nick’s posted some good data on the sale of this exclusive:

“Thank you for everyone’s support on our Native Chief Exclusive! We had 510 knives available to drop with a total of 548 knives made available to us (38 went to either locals or store employees and around 600 total were made with the difference going to the Collector’s Club or Spyderco Employees). They sold out right at a little over 4 hours. Without this great community and all of the amazing people who support us, these knives wouldn’t be possible. All knives have been packed and are ready to ship tomorrow morning if they haven’t already been dropped off this evening. Thanks again and we look forward to bringing some more Red and Black 4V goodness to y’all!”

Interesting, I guess I was one of the 38 that ordered last week when I swung by the store. I would have thought there were more locals interested.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Hopefully the Military is next!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?