Spyderco PITS Folder (Pie In The Sky)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
attila

Re: Spyderco PITS Folder (Pie In The Sky)

Post by attila »

This thread inspired me to carry mine:
3A1FC915-785D-46E7-9196-A11566D8D960.jpeg
Btw, this RGT clip is leaps and bounds better than the wiggly wire clip on a knife like this.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I need to carry mine more often....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Thanks to the OP for the details about the acronym in the thread title. Even before reading it my mind was already wandering towards Pain In The Something...

I didn't know of this model, it reminds me of the CRK slipjoint that had the same kind of aesthetic for the spring bar.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Man I'd love to get my hands on one of these.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
huvelykmatyi

Post by huvelykmatyi »

sal wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:54 pm
We do have one in-the-works, and Mike is also working on a new design.

FYI, the Brits call the Spyderco version a "SPITS".

sal
Hi,
I saw this originally mentioned in the end of February with M390 steel. Any progress please, planned ETA?
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear huvelykmati:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
sal

Post by sal »

Huevelykmatyi,

We don't know when they will be available. These are being made y our Italian partner in Maniago, We try not to give that information until we are sure the run is in-house and passes QC.

sal
Revival

Post by Revival »

Would also love to get one of these. Been looking for one for years.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Always wished I picked up one the last two runs … glad this is coming back.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I agree with attila, the RGT clips are an excellent fit to the PITS. I really love mine and it’s been in rotation since it first came out.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Matus

Post by Matus »

Since I have been apparently living under a rock … I am super excited to hear that there will be a new run. I understand that it will beba little longer until we get it, but that is fine. For me it means that I am going to stay with my N690co Urban for now and not get the salty UKPK, because something is telling me, that this knife will not be cheap given its construction.

Now come the wait, but this knife looks like exactly what I am looking for in a non locking urban knife.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Matus wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:12 pm
Since I have been apparently living under a rock … I am super excited to hear that there will be a new run. I understand that it will beba little longer until we get it, but that is fine. For me it means that I am going to stay with my N690co Urban for now and not get the salty UKPK, because something is telling me, that this knife will not be cheap given its construction.

Now come the wait, but this knife looks like exactly what I am looking for in a non locking urban knife.
Prices have definitely changed to upwards for all knives the last while but iirc the last pits weren't outrageous.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Matus

Post by Matus »

What I have been able to find - these were selling for 400+€ when they were available. I sm not going to try to guess what the upcoming batch is going to cost.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:13 pm
Matus wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:12 pm

Prices have definitely changed to upwards for all knives the last while but iirc the last pits weren't outrageous.
Mine was quite reasonable. Of course, it was a factory second on its third or fourth Sale, so it isn't a very good indicator.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I will simply wait and see. But I love the design a lot - uniqueness is something I inherently tend to see as an added value.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

All I can say every time I see this knife it creeps up the to buy list . The knife is so beautiful in its own way . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
DansGearAddiction

Post by DansGearAddiction »

Has a steel for the re-release been announced yet?
Current Collection
Chaparral (LW, Stepped, Stealth, Sun & Moon), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)
attila

Post by attila »

I’m excited about this too! Hopefully regular production or sprint, Magnacut, and msrp <$400.

(One can hope, right? :zany)
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Man, that is one beautiful knife - especially with the RGT clip.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kobold

Post by kobold »

I like it w/o anodizing. I guess it will be a Böhler-Uddeholm steel, Magnacut would be too good to be true. But I like it, no matter what.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10