KRATOM: Anyone Else Aware of This Great Remedy?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

KRATOM: Anyone Else Aware of This Great Remedy?

Post by JD Spydo »

Greetings fellow Forumites and Spyderheads: I've got a subject that I want to get your feedback on. That is if any of you have had any experience or knowledge of the herbal remedy known as "KRATOM". I've just recently discovered the great potential medical properties of this great Southeast Asian remedy and I'm pleased with the results so far.

For those of you who know me at all>> a few of you are aware that in the past year I've had one horrible accident and 2 surgeries as a result of that accident. As a result and with follow up treatment with my orthopedic physician I've been prescribed a couple of different prescription pain killers in recent months. I'm aware of the negatives and potential dangers of Rx painkillers so I've been searching the herbal kingdom for an alternative to battling sometimes excruciating pain. Through some friends of mine I was recommended to try the herbal remedy is known as "Kratom" which is a leaf that grows on a tree which is located throughout Southeast Asia.

Just by coincidence we have a well established, very reputable Kratom dealer here in Blue Springs, MO USA who sells a wide range of other herbal products as well. Well in the past two months I've opted to use the Kratom over the pills for pain and I've had splendid results. I'm just wondering if any of you here in Spyderville have also discovered this great herbal remedy? If so then let's talk about Kratom
MacLaren

Re: KRATOM: Anyone Else Aware of This Great Remedy?

Post by MacLaren »

My 81 year old Uncle drinks Kratom Tea for his neuropathy. He swears by it.
Personally, I've never tried it Joe.
But, again, my Uncle likes it better than those pain killers. It must really be pretty good I reckon.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:06 pm
My 81 year old Uncle drinks Kratom Tea for his neuropathy. He swears by it.
Personally, I've never tried it Joe.
But, again, my Uncle likes it better than those pain killers. It must really be pretty good I reckon.
It is MAC and I don't get any hangover effect that I do with some of those pain pills. And if it's safe enough for a guy 80 years old plus that should tell everyone something. I just turned 68 about 3 weeks ago and I've not had any bad effects from it. Except one time I did too heavy of a dose when I was first learning about it and I got pretty dizzy from it. But I just laid down for an hour and it went away with no additional problems. Figuring out the correct dosage for your size and weight is sort of hit and miss at first. But just start out with light doses until you figure out what works for the individual. There are some great instructional videos on Bitchute that everyone should check out to learn about it before starting.

The only people on the internet I've seen try to talk trash about Kratom are the medical establishment and the big Pharma companies>> but that's to be expected because they are a cartel. And all they care about is selling you the poison they make. I'm a believer that GOD and Mother Nature have better remedies.
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Hey, J.D. Thanks for your insight and bravely marching from your trauma.

I have a very good friend here where I live whom suffers from the ravages of 35 years with Multiple Sclerosis.

He started on Rx controlled pain meds / a few different controlled prescriptions a little over a year ago.
One of the bravest men I have the privilege of knowing.

I'm there in Spirit for you as I am him.

His name is Dave. He recently has been having serious side effects with changes to his regimen meds. But he approached his med team as of late telling them that he has enough of oxycodone and many other pain management tools -- a trade-off he was willing to make.

====================================================================================

JD -- I wish you comfort, good will and peace.
I wish you strength as well in your particular situation -- you're a great guy, I wish for your best avenue in fighting pain through kinetic and highly effective pain management tools -- as I do Dave.

Happy New Year; here's hoping 2022 is a better one -- I don't recall the particulars involved in your injuries -- I just know your fighting like a mad man.

You have my respect, Brother.

As you know, I have additional surgeries in my future.
Be well, and best wishes out to you.

:bug-red-white :bug-red-white SB / BRUCE.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SkullBouncer wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:52 pm
Hey, J.D. Thanks for your insight and bravely marching from your trauma.

I have a very good friend here where I live whom suffers from the ravages of 35 years with Multiple Sclerosis.

He started on Rx controlled pain meds / a few different controlled prescriptions a little over a year ago.
One of the bravest men I have the privilege of knowing.

I'm there in Spirit for you as I am him.

His name is Dave. He recently has been having serious side effects with changes to his regimen meds. But he approached his med team as of late telling them that he has enough of oxycodone and many other pain management tools -- a trade-off he was willing to make.

====================================================================================

JD -- I wish you comfort, good will and peace.
I wish you strength as well in your particular situation -- you're a great guy, I wish for your best avenue in fighting pain through kinetic and highly effective pain management tools -- as I do Dave.

Happy New Year; here's hoping 2022 is a better one -- I don't recall the particulars involved in your injuries -- I just know your fighting like a mad man.

You have my respect, Brother.

As you know, I have additional surgeries in my future.
Be well, and best wishes out to you.

:bug-red-white :bug-red-white SB / BRUCE.
Well GOD Bless you and your Friend who is fighting MS. Try to get this guy to try some Kratom!! I notice you are in the State of Colorado>> I just looked it up on some literature that they gave me at the herb store where I got my Kratom. Kratom is legal there in Colorado and I'm sure there is probably a dealer within reasonable driving distance.

If not there is a great online dealer that a friend just made me aware of yesterday. This one Kratom dealer who has a sterling reputation along with great reviews on several internet sites is a company known as "Christopher Botanicals">> I had heard of them in the past as a great source of Ginseng and other herbs I take on occasion. And I was told that Christopher Botanicals ships extremely fast ( like 2 days or less in most cases). I seen a review of this vendor on "Duck Duck Go" and there are some excellent reviews on this Kratom supplier "Christopher Botanicals". I was also very impressed with their super nice looking website which is very easy to navigate.

Thank you Skullbouncer for your kind words and I do hope that you and your friend with MS check out this Kratom.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Also folks the recommendation that I got to try Kratom came from an extremely reliable and respected source. The guys name is John Lear>> his father "William Powell Lear" was the creator of the "Lear Jet". I didn't get this from some older hippy living in the mountains. John Lear was also a commercial pilot himself for several years with an impeccable record. John Lear has had horrific back pain for years now. He had undergone back surgery which wasn't very successful. He had been on extremely potent painkillers for a long time and then without warning his doctor cut him off of those drugs with no time to taper off of them.

It was one of his very trusted friends who told him about the great results people are having with Kratom. He said he hasn't taken any pain meds at all since getting his first bag of Kratom.

Now you can buy Kratom in capsules but it is very expensive that way. You can cut the cost by at least 70% buy taking the bulk powder of the Kratom and mixing it with some type of juice (whatever tastes good to you). Kratom powder doesn't taste very good but there are efficient ways around the bad taste. I mix mine with distilled water and it breaks down very nicely that way. Then I chase it down with iced tea or coffee to get the taste out of my mouth. It does have a nasty taste to it but the results are well worth it.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:16 am
to get the taste out of my mouth.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

“Natural” does not equal “safe”. Be careful with supplements of any sort. https://www.drugs.com/illicit/kratom.html

And yes, plenty of well studied pharmaceuticals are also not to be considered “safe”.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Interesting post, JD.

You are between a rock & a hard place with pain & painkillers with longer term conditions so all credit to you for taking the initiative.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

It is considered a drug, but if you compare it to painkillers, it's possible negative effects are miles away for painkillers.

My grandfather had a cerebrovascular accident 10 years ago, and was already in pain from injuries in a previous war. He's 85 now and hurting at so many places for as many different reasons.
He drinks Kratom tea regularly and it helps him. It can have some sedative effect when used in too big of a dosage. Oher than that, it has only helped him during the last few years.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I took a drug screen a while ago and I noticed that Kratom was one of the substances tested for. I looked it up after that. I have no direct experience with it but found the reading interesting. Like anything else even if legal approach with care. Joe's idea about starting small and building up to find the right dose is good advice. Like Joe I also dislike the feeling and side effects pain pills can have and I have spent some time looking for less destructive alternatives. Pain pills are Ok for immediately after surgery but that is about it IMO.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:29 am
“Natural” does not equal “safe”. Be careful with supplements of any sort. https://www.drugs.com/illicit/kratom.html

And yes, plenty of well studied pharmaceuticals are also not to be considered “safe”.
Hey I'm not disagreeing with you. And believe me I approached this stuff with caution and got some first hand information before I took the plunge. I'm learning more and more each day. The dealer I get the Kratom from is a very intelligent guy as well as his staff who also work at that dealership. I go up to chat with them usually a couple of times a week to get more information. There are 4 basic types>> the "red vein" is mainly for pain. The white and yellow vein are for anxiety and depression>> To me the "white & Yellow vein Kratom is like drinking some good coffee without the jitters.

Yeah I've heard that it is indeed classified as a drug. But so is coffee, cola and willow branches ( aspirin). Sure common sense must prevail when going into any new territory. Like I said I did a ton of reading and watched probably 8 to 10 quality videos on Kratom before I took my first batch. Education is so key when experimenting with remedies from the herbal kingdom.

I've never been hung over using Kratom which I had been on at least 4 occasions taking high powered pain pills. But all I can say at this point>> "So far, so good">> but I'm wide open for any comments. But I do consider Kratom far safer than most pharmaceuticals that well meaning physicians have prescribed me.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:16 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:16 am
to get the taste out of my mouth.
Yeah Brother I can taste the "CASTOR OIL" you put in that brew :hot-face

If I ever do get to visit you like I want to I'm sure I'll have to be equipped with a broad sense of humor. BLOKE my Brother I think you could make people laugh at a funeral :winking-tongue
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

If you think Kratom helps with pain, you should try the jazz cabbage…basically legal medically in most of US now
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I would never try it, no thanks.
Josh
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

twinboysdad wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:42 am
If you think Kratom helps with pain, you should try the jazz cabbage…basically legal medically in most of US now
Yeah we have two dispensaries here in the town where I live. But the last time I ever indulged in that stuff I didn't like it>> and that's been at least a couple of decades ago. I like the Kratom because I feel very much in touch with reality and I don't feel drugged or drunk in the classic sense.

The most intoxicated I ever felt on Kratom so far is that it felt like I drank too much coffee> but it was nothing I couldn't control easy. And I've not yet found one of those CBD oils that worked nearly as good as this Kratom does. But hey we are all different because I do personally know people that swear by weed and CBD oil>> but not for this kid.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

JD, your approach is sound. My post was mainly for those who jump in with no research thinking everything labeled “natural” is automatically safe.

We now know that modern opiates are more an evil than a blessing, so alternatives to those are welcome.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

As with everything, if it has a seeked effect, it has a counter-balancing, more negative, effect.
Best to not use anything but when you are obligated to : the lesser of two evils is always the good choice imho.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JRinFL wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:13 am
JD, your approach is sound. My post was mainly for those who jump in with no research thinking everything labeled “natural” is automatically safe.

We now know that modern opiates are more an evil than a blessing, so alternatives to those are welcome.
Yeah I see exactly what you're saying. The reason I was prompted to try it to begin with was to side step stuff from the pharmaceutical cartel. They do have some modern meds that have truly helped people. But I've seem more harm than good unfortunately.

I've not gotten any type of super drug effect from Kratom. Rather more of a relaxing effect that you can get from high grade coffee. Now what is interesting is that I discovered that the tree they get these Kratom leaves from is in the coffee tree family. I just found that out in the past 3 days.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Kratom contains a mu-agonist opioid, and hence is as habit forming as any prescription (or “non-prescribed”) opioid. Anyone not taking prescription opioids every day should exercise extreme caution.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara