Knifecenter Delica in Black Pakkawood and VG10 Damascus

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnifusMaximus

Re: Knifecenter Delica in Black Pakkawood and VG10 Damascus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Superflex wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:34 am
JRinFL wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:13 am
Inflation people, inflation. This just the first of the big price increases in the industry. Luxury items will go up first and fastest. I predict we will see the contraction in the cutlery industry in the some countries as everyone runs to the lowest cost makers to feed their addiction. Too bad it is an uneven playing field.
^This^
Everyone clamored for their "free" goobermint stimmie money not realizing the consequences of Jerome hitting Control P and making the printing presses go brrrrrr.
Printing trillions of dollars out of thin air has consequences. The FRN notes we hold have less value every day. Commodities, real estate and collector items will hold their value as the wheelbarrows of cash required to go the the grocery store becomes more common.
Most people dont realize the Federal Reserve is not federal at all but a private for profit banking cartel. Their goal of 2% inflation annually is merely a 2% skim on every person who uses their fraudulent paper notes.
Inflation is a hidden tax.
Get used to skyrocketing prices. Knives be no different.
Inflation is not what caused a Delica to go to $210.. That's just pure greed and exploitation of dedicated fans and customers. It's rude, inconsiderate, and a stab in the back money grab against everyone who loves spydercos.

There is no justification for that level of price increase... It's just plain greed. I am very disappointed in spyderco and Knife center for pulling this crap on their biggest supporters.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I think it is a masterpiece!!! but it is doubtful that I am going to pay the price to have one.

I do think it is great that consumers have such choices.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:40 am
Superflex wrote:
JRinFL wrote:
Inflation people, inflation. This just the first of the big price increases in the industry. Luxury items will go up first and fastest. I predict we will see the contraction in the cutlery industry in the some countries as everyone runs to the lowest cost makers to feed their addiction. Too bad it is an uneven playing field.
^This^
Everyone clamored for their "free" goobermint stimmie money not realizing the consequences of Jerome hitting Control P and making the printing presses go brrrrrr.
Printing trillions of dollars out of thin air has consequences. The FRN notes we hold have less value every day. Commodities, real estate and collector items will hold their value as the wheelbarrows of cash required to go the the grocery store becomes more common.
Most people dont realize the Federal Reserve is not federal at all but a private for profit banking cartel. Their goal of 2% inflation annually is merely a 2% skim on every person who uses their fraudulent paper notes.
Inflation is not what caused a Delica to go to $210.. That's just pure greed and exploitation of dedicated fans and customers. It's rude, inconsiderate, and a stab in the back money grab against everyone who loves spydercos.

There is no justification for that level of price increase... It's just plain greed. I am very disappointed in spyderco and Knife center for pulling this crap on their biggest supporters.

KnifeMaximus, how old are you? Don't you think it is about time to grow up? Having a bad day; take it somewhere else please! You're contributions are in poor taste and uninteresting at best. You can be more than a troll if you try.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:02 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
Superflex wrote:
JRinFL wrote:
^This^

KnifeMaximus, how old are you? Don't you think it is about time to grow up? Having a bad day; take it somewhere else please! You're contributions are in poor taste and uninteresting at best. You can be more than a troll if you try.

CG
My concerns are valid. It's childish to brush off the points I made by just blaming it on a inflation or a "bad day".... Your petty insults with zero address to the points I have brought up are completely useless here.
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Albatross

Post by Albatross »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Superflex wrote:
JRinFL wrote:
^This^

The price is high, but I see nothing that indicates greed. Until we can see the cost of raw materials, labor, shipping, supply chain issues, and financial impact of material shortages, I'm not sure how anyone can make such a confident assessment.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:14 pm
Beautiful looking knife, but $210 is an insult. Pakkawood is not expensive material at all, and the Knifejoy damascus Delica was already overpriced at $107,... a $103 increase from the FRN version is a slap in the face to every spyderco fan...

This is nothing but greed and exploitation of spyderco lovers. Knifecenter should be ashamed of themselves for asking such a huge inflated price.

ITS fricken VG-10 and pakkawood, 2 of the cheapest materials in the industry...

$210,.. they are smoking crack.
How exactly is the price exploitive? People that think it's worth it will pay the price, those who don't, won't. Simple as that. This isn't a necessity, it's a luxury item.

It's completely trivial, and really not worth getting so worked up over.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

Superflex wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:26 pm
I guess these previous Damascus Delicas were also greed?

https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c11t ... um-handle/ $203
http://www.bentoboxshop.com/images/PE_B ... Delica.jpg $499
Value is always subjective, but titanium and jigged bone with bolsters are more expensive than wood. How about this one? Is it absurdly cheap? Is pakkawood a $103 upgrade?

https://www.knifejoy.com/products/spyde ... scus-knife
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

This one looks nice but I really don't carry the Pakkawood Delica I already have. So I wouldn't be in at any price. At $210 it's not even a consideration
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:34 pm
I wonder if there is some kind of retooling done with this model?? Didn't they say something about a change made to the liners on their Endela Pakkawood exclusive, which aided in the raised price of that particular knife?
I can't see any change they could make to the liners that could justify a price increase
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

StuntZombie wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm
KnifusMaximus wrote:
Beautiful looking knife, but $210 is an insult. Pakkawood is not expensive material at all, and the Knifejoy damascus Delica was already overpriced at $107,... a $103 increase from the FRN version is a slap in the face to every spyderco fan...

This is nothing but greed and exploitation of spyderco lovers. Knifecenter should be ashamed of themselves for asking such a huge inflated price.

How exactly is the price exploitive? People that think it's worth it will pay the price, those who don't, won't. Simple as that. This isn't a necessity, it's a luxury item.

When a 40 inch 4k HD smart TV is cheaper than your 3 inch piece of sharpened metal and $1.00 worth of cheap pakkawood, your price is too **** high.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:06 pm
Superflex wrote:

Value is always subjective, but titanium and jigged bone with bolsters are more expensive than wood. How about this one? Is it absurdly cheap? Is pakkawood a $103 upgrade?

https://www.knifejoy.com/products/spyde ... scus-knife

Short answer, NO. The pakkawood should actually be much cheaper than the FRN version.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

StuntZombie wrote:
KnifusMaximus wrote:

What may seem trivial to you, may not seem so trivial to others....
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Superflex wrote:

Those are not comparable items.
JMM

Post by JMM »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:09 pm
Superflex wrote:

KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

JMM wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:35 pm
KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:09 pm
Superflex wrote:

You gonna try to compare jigged bone scales and polished bolsters to $1.00 worth of pakkawood?

Be realistic....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I recall several pictures of the original Pakkawood scales being too dark for some people's liking... I wonder if KC got so many complaints they started just dying them all black. Or maybe they had a batch that was too dark and decided "hey new exclusive". Either way, I'm glad I didn't spend $200 on my Pakkawood exclusive delica a few years back. I got a jigged bone delica used (great condition) for not much more than that
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:05 pm
StuntZombie wrote:
KnifusMaximus wrote:

What may seem trivial to you, may not seem so trivial to others....
And some people take this hobby way too seriously. It's just a knife. If you don't like the price, there's a couple dozen more variations on the Delica you can choose from. Or just pay somebody else to make scales for you.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 pm

My concerns are valid. It's childish to brush off the points I made by just blaming it on a inflation or a "bad day".... Your petty insults with zero address to the points I have brought up are completely useless here.

Would a 10 piece set of Damascus steel knives with pakkawood scales fit your budget?

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 5.11.46 PM.jpg
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

If the price is too high for the market, it will sit unsold until the price is adjusted sufficiently downwards.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:16 pm
KnifusMaximus wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Would a 10 piece set of Damascus steel knives with pakkawood scales fit your budget?

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 5.11.46 PM.jpg

And they probably have more even edge grinds...