Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Post by Wartstein »

Ez556 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:07 pm
Manix 2 LW, Knife Joker Exclusive.
Great steel, awesome color, but if something happens to it it’ll be harder to replace.
This is exactly how I feel about my personal favorite Manix 2 LW too: The REX 45 sprint. Really love this knife. Right now I could get another one on the secondary market for a decent price... I am really hard pressed to get it as a backup.
Would be the first time I´d get a backup for a model that I generally can always buy anyway, but just in another steel and color (and there are actually great regular production version of the Manix 2 LW out there). Only backups I got so far were for the Stretch 1 - cause the model itself is discontinued and hard to find, regardless of the version / steel...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
psylence

Re: Describe the upsides and downsides of your favorite knife in a single statement.

Post by psylence »

Perrin PPT s90v
Great egros and aesthetics, useful blade, favourite steel but not the best pocket clip.
Current EDC: 135CFP/217GS/152TIP/41PYL5/223PWH/211TIP/244CF90VP
z1r

Post by z1r »

Ez556 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:07 pm
Manix 2 LW, Knife Joker Exclusive.
Great steel, awesome color, but if something happens to it it’ll be harder to replace.
This was my Favorite EDC til I got the K390 Endela. I still carry the translucent M2 but mostly on weekends. Awesome knife that I'm glad to have been able to acquire.

The only real downside of these exclusives is when you get one, discover you love it, then want to buy a back up, and they're sold out.

Maybe two weeks after getting that K390 Endela, I snagged another because its just that good! Not flashy, just rock solid!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Micro Dyad: It is small, it is also small.

:thinking
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
z1r

Post by z1r »

Another one I think is under-rated, the ClipiTool Standard.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Kapara: Perfect footprint, blade shape, too slippery.

So close to perfect.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Paramilitary 2 : An almost perfect knife with a fragile tip.

I use my knife quite hard.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

PM2: handy and bulletproof. In fact, so tough that the downside is I love carrying it more than any of my other knives! I guess that's a downside lol.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The only problem with the Large Sebenza is that the PM2 exists :winking-tongue