TNP Nutnfancy Spyderco Delica 4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tabo

Re: TNP Nutnfancy Spyderco Delica 4

Post by Tabo »

My question is who is paying for all these knives to get made. I doubt he has enough coin to pay Spyderco for the minimum amount to make. So does that mean Blade HQ pays for them and he gets a cut? If that’s the case then why don’t they just sell them on their own, they would probably sell them a lot quicker without that ugly logo.

Lastly if that’s really how they’re doing it, how come one of us just can’t go to Blade HQ and get an exclusive with our logo on it.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Some people are being way to harsh on TNFP and NutnFancy. The guy has almost 850,000 followers. I've watched some of his videos. He basically got me in to prepping.

Life is short. Do I agree with 100% of what he says about Spyderco knives? Nope, but he knows his target market and what they want. He reviews a ton of gear. I wish that I had 850,000 people waiting on baited breath to hear what I thought about gear.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Tabo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:35 am
My question is who is paying for all these knives to get made. I doubt he has enough coin to pay Spyderco for the minimum amount to make. So does that mean Blade HQ pays for them and he gets a cut? If that’s the case then why don’t they just sell them on their own, they would probably sell them a lot quicker without that ugly logo.

Lastly if that’s really how they’re doing it, how come one of us just can’t go to Blade HQ and get an exclusive with our logo on it.
It's mainly because of social media presence. I did not watch many videos of this guy but most of the time it was a knife that had an exclusive edition with his name on it. Nowadays, even a million subscribers on YouTube is nothing. However, almost a million in a specialized community is a LOT ! Brands and dealers have a lot of reasons to collaborate with these "personnalities" that can bring traction to a special model.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Tabo wrote:

It's mainly because of social media presence. I did not watch many videos of this guy but most of the time it was a knife that had an exclusive edition with his name on it. Nowadays, even a million subscribers on YouTube is nothing. However, almost a million in a specialized community is a LOT ! Brands and dealers have a lot of reasons to collaborate with these "personnalities" that can bring traction to a special model.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

This Delica4 CPM-S35VN Black TiCN Blade Blue FRN TNP/BladeHQ is similar to the Dragonfly2 CPM-S35VN Black TiCN Blade Blue FRN TNP/BladeHQ from December 2019. Only 579 pieces of that Dragonfly were made but 1,230 pieces of this Delica were made.

Also, the billboarding is more than what you see on the partial blade picture from BladeHQ (see picture):
  • First Line: 1227 of 1230 (serial# and total number made)
  • Second Line: TNP (huge font)
  • Third Line: 10/2021 (month/year they went on sale)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:15 am
The guy has almost 850,000 followers.
And that kardashian lady has 200 million followers. Follower count doesn't always equal something interesting, useful, or less annoying. That being said, I haven't watched any of his videos in a long time. In any case, the knife doesn't look great.
Naperville wrote:
I wish that I had 850,000 people waiting on baited breath to hear what I thought about gear.
That sounds like a terrible waste of a wish.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

eRoc wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:45 pm
Naperville wrote:
The guy has almost 850,000 followers.
And that kardashian lady has 200 million followers. Follower count doesn't always equal something interesting, useful, or less annoying. That being said, I haven't watched any of his videos in a long time. In any case, the knife doesn't look great.
TNP is info for people concerned with their 2nd Amendment rights and Americana. In no way do I watch every video, I watch it maybe 1x per month. I've given up on all of the other knife channels, and TNP is one heck of a promoter of Spyderco Knives! The guy really loves them.

Sorry that does not interest you in the slightest.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

I'm a sucker for blue scales and a black blade like the BBS PM2, but the logo on the blade is a pass
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:17 pm

TNP is info for people concerned with their 2nd Amendment rights and Americana.
I couldn't tell if you were joking or he changed his format. I went to his channel and went back a year and couldn't find any 2nd amendment related videos. Seems to be reviewing gear which is what he's always done. I tried watching a few of his videos (300blk) and couldn't sit through them. Hard to take a guy seriously as he's wearing gloves and shooting glasses behind a desk with toys in the background. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it is a free country. Just wouldn't be my primary source of information for anything 2nd amendment or firearm related based on the information he provides.

Enough negativity out of me though, that's the last I'll say on it. Seems like these are on sale for anyone who wants one. :bug-red-white
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

100% my opinion

I don't like influencers, system just doesn't work to benefit the consumer. It's the new home shopping network.

Still not buying because of price, but now that I know an influencer is involved my money stays in my pocket.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Snacktime wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:18 am
100% my opinion

I don't like influencers, system just doesn't work to benefit the consumer. It's the new home shopping network.

Still not buying because of price, but now that I know an influencer is involved my money stays in my pocket.
I don't think this is as cut and dry as you depict it, but that's just an opinion as well.
Influencers come in many flavors and they're not all equally lacking of integrity.
I think this deal is pretty legit. The guy has been promoting this specific knife for ages, so you know he's standing behind the product. Of course, he might not be the pinnacle of knife knowledge, but he's also been around long enough that we know he's not totally lost either.
There's also the fact that he partnered with one of the best knife companies in the business.
It's not like Bear Grylls or other profit driven influencers that partner with any company they can make a deal with and use their name to sell crap they don't even use themselves.
Bottom line, this is a good knife. If you like the knife and you like the dude, this is your chance to support him. Everyone else can move on.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I will pass, not crazy about color of handle, and the black blade promoting someone not affiliated with Spyderco is a turn off me . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Superflex wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:58 pm
I'm a sucker for blue scales and a black blade like the BBS PM2, but the logo on the blade is a pass
Ditto.
KenD

Post by KenD »

I haven't watched a Nutnfancy video in quite a while. However, it was he that convinced me to buy my first Spyderco - a Delica - back in 2012. Having said that, I will not be buying this one...
I've always wanted to go to Switzerland to see what the army does with those wee red knives. - Billy Connolly
jdw

Post by jdw »

Delicas are overpriced in general and this one is no exception.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
SRT392HEMI

Post by SRT392HEMI »

Not a fan of the delica, nutnfancy, coated blades, light blue scales, or billboarding. Very hard pass.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

I like Nutn just fine, and the billboarding doesn't bother me, but I find the model uninteresting. If he did a Chief, Millie or PM2 in a compelling steel, I'd definitely buy it. I bought his limited run from a few weeks ago, a Daggerr Sting with D2 and yellow G-10. It's nothing amazing in terms of materials, but it's a fairly nice budget folder with a large blade and an interesting design...two qualities which the Delica does not possess.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Tabo wrote:

I guess when one of us is well known enough for there to be a thread on a forum talking about us, then we'll be popular enough to get the opportunity.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Spydesense

Post by Spydesense »

I received mine today and I'm happy to add it to my Delica and TNP collections. Yes, Nutn can kinda be a douche and be long winded at times, but I have watched him for probably 12 years now. I value his opinions, appreciate what he does and agree with the majority of what he says. To each their own though...
Attachments
thumbnail.jpeg
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I wish on a knife forum we would spend our time talking about the knife. Yeah, I already know which hand will fill up first.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001