crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
troutinCO

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by troutinCO »

z1r wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 pm
I may have gotten the last one. ;)
Noice!
z1r

Post by z1r »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:20 pm
z1r wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 pm
I may have gotten the last one. ;)
Noice!
Yeah, but I'm wondering exactly why I NEEDED it! Lol. Can't wait to customize the scales with some of my natural hand oils!

Seriously though, really looking forward to the Cruwear and the awesome looking scales are icing on the cake. More than I wanted to spend but, I like the PM 2 way better than the Para 3, so missing on on the Mint Green Para 3 LW M4 doesn't bother me anymore.

Thanks Buddafucco for the heads up!

Now, If I can score a ZDP Stretch 2 at the Seconds Sale, I'll be stoked!
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

z1r wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:32 pm
Not sure if you had your heart set on a factory second specifically, but Warriors and Wonders in Canada has both Stretch 2 ZDP variants in stock still, and they ship to the US. The G10 version is waaaay too expensive though..

Also, the PM2 is too small for my hand. I know it is. I know for a fact. So why am I considering grabbing a Crucarta one?! This Spyderco kool-aid sure is tasty! ;)
z1r

Post by z1r »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 pm
z1r wrote:
Not sure if you had your heart set on a factory second specifically, but Warriors and Wonders in Canada has both Stretch 2 ZDP variants in stock still, and they ship to the US. The G10 version is waaaay too expensive though..

Also, the PM2 is too small for my hand. I know it is. I know for a fact. So why am I considering grabbing a Crucarta one?! This Spyderco kool-aid sure is tasty! ;)
Amen brother, very tasty!

Thanks for rhe info. Much appreciated. The SFO actually has some of the Stretch 2's in stock, I just don't want to pay full retail for a knife I'll use a couple of times year if I'm lucky. Sez the man who just bought an even more expensive knife that still may not replace his Endela in its EDC role! Still, that PM2 is quite the looker! If I can't find a second, I'll just bite the bullet and pay retail. Sometimes, you just have to. For what I want it for, I believe the ZDP drop point will be better suited than the SS K390. And I LOVE K390!
Wright.88

Post by Wright.88 »

blueblur wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm
Is it just me or does it look like the lock access and lock release are larger?
The lock access/cutout looks about the same to me, but the lock release tab is definitely longer, probably because the liners are not recessed.

Here was an early mock-up that has a compression lock tab like other PM2s:

And here is the tab from one of RamZar’s pictures:

bleasure

Post by bleasure »

Wright.88 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:05 pm
blueblur wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:10 pm
Is it just me or does it look like the lock access and lock release are larger?
The lock access/cutout looks about the same to me, but the lock release tab is definitely longer, probably because the liners are not recessed.
interesting, i didn't realize there'd be other changes to the knife, makes it even more unique among pm2s. btw, you're the second forum member i've seen with 88 in your name, what's that about?
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

z1r wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:52 pm
TheGiant80 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:36 pm
z1r wrote:

Amen brother, very tasty!

Thanks for rhe info. Much appreciated. The SFO actually has some of the Stretch 2's in stock, I just don't want to pay full retail for a knife I'll use a couple of times year if I'm lucky. Sez the man who just bought an even more expensive knife that still may not replace his Endela in its EDC role! Still, that PM2 is quite the looker! If I can't find a second, I'll just bite the bullet and pay retail. Sometimes, you just have to. For what I want it for, I believe the ZDP drop point will be better suited than the SS K390. And I LOVE K390!
Fair enough! And some day I’m going to hassle you to explain your take on the K390 vs. ZDP189 debate, but not in this thread obviously.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

If anyone is interested in paying full price for some reason, Country Knives has them in stock:
https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... -cru-wear/
z1r

Post by z1r »

Ouch! You gotta really want one!
bts327

Post by bts327 »

troutinCO wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:37 am
If anyone is interested in paying full price for some reason, Country Knives has them in stock:
https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... -cru-wear/

Saw that, skipping it on general principle.
z1r

Post by z1r »

At some point, CK may be a better option than being scammed on EBay.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

z1r wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:15 am
At some point, CK may be a better option than being scammed on EBay.

Yep. I think dealers are starting to see the potential for price gouging because of this. But, if I'm going to pay full MSRP my priority is going to be SFO>dealer>anywhere else.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
capt.carl

Post by capt.carl »

I would hope people can delay gratification a bit, stay calm, and know that they will be able to get one eventually. Otherwise it’s going to just feed the scalpers. It’s a new production model, so no worries. Enjoy the ones you have while you’re waiting.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

capt.carl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 am
I would hope people can delay gratification a bit, stay calm, and know that they will be able to get one eventually. Otherwise it’s going to just feed the scalpers. It’s a new production model, so no worries. Enjoy the ones you have while you’re waiting.

It may not be "a bit" though unfortunately. if you miss out on this first batch, there are no promises that the next batch will be released next month, next year, or the year after with how slow things are moving during the pandemic. It could very well be over a year or more before the next batch gets made and shipped. Regular production doesn't guarantee that it is always in stock. We have seen this with many models recently, which are all far less popular than this one is shaping up to be.

Let's say the demand for this model is 20K+ users, which it very well could be...or maybe even more. If each batch is ~1,200 or maybe ~2,400 at most, you can do the math and figure out how long it will be before it is easy to obtain. I'd guess it will be years before these sit at any online dealer for more than a day.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
capt.carl

Post by capt.carl »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:33 am
capt.carl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 am

It may not be "a bit" though unfortunately. if you miss out on this first batch, there are no promises that the next batch will be released next month, next year, or the year after with how slow things are moving during the pandemic. It could very well be over a year or more before the next batch gets made and shipped.
Yeah, that’s how FOMO works and it drives prices and availability to crazy levels. I’m sure there will be another batch soon, but who’s to say.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I'm honestly relieved to be indifferent about this variant. I like the micarta scales, but I don't feel like I need the PM2 in CPM-Cruwear.
So it goes.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am
I'm honestly relieved to be indifferent about this variant. I like the micarta scales, but I don't feel like I need the PM2 in CPM-Cruwear.
Same here, I was only interested in the scales and decided that's no reason to buy a knife! I'm glad I'm not in this rat race! Glad to see these pumping out through various dealers though, I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this release.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I used to like micarta but then began to prefer titanium and aluminum scales. I guess I just like a really smooth texture and rely on the ergos for grip.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

This is like the maxamet pm2 all over again. Give it some time guys, you'll have a chance.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am
I'm kind of the same. I have one the original Cruwear PM2 sprints and I have the Cruwear/Micarta Shaman. Plus I have a REX45 Para 3 with tan Tero Tuf scales. So the Cruwear/Micarta PM2 would be redundant for me. If was a different steel with a different color Micarta then I might consider it. I really don't need anymore PM2s though. I have a couple I've never even carried.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!