How about a Forum Mug?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Forum Mug

Yes
93%
No
8%

Total votes: 40

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

How about a Forum Mug?

Post by Doc Dan »

We have not gotten any traction on a Forum knife. I know Spyderco is really backed up. How about a Spyderco Forum coffee mug?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Ramonade

Re: How about a Forum Mug?

Post by Ramonade »

I'd drink to/with that.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Preferably large and heavy. Retains heat better and your coffee stays warm longer. Or an insulated one of good quality with the Spyder on the side. Black mug red Spyder?
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

One like the current "Edge is a Ghost" pottery mug, only with :bug-red logos with Forum markings on both sides would be great.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Count this coffee drinker in ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sakana-sensei

Post by sakana-sensei »

Vacuum insulated stainless steel with black powder coating (like a Yeti rambler), with no coating on the spyderlogo so that it shines through in plain stainless. I'd buy in a heartbeat!
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Great idea. Count me in!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Just remember the glass with a live blade in it, maybe we could imagine a mug with a caged ball bearing lock to play with ? :party-face
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
bjz

Post by bjz »

I’d be in. If we are going to be specific about coffee, I make mine in 500g extractions and my 12oz mugs are too small for the whole thing so something big like 14oz or even 16oz would be pretty rad.

While all y’all incited a serious dent in my bank account this year, I also learned a considerable amount as far as sharpening goes…and while I might have spent more time lurking around on the forum than I’d like, it was a more healthy outlet than other options to get through a slow period in life. It would be fun to have something more than just a knife or stone to remember that.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

MagnaCut coffee mug? :cheap-sunglasses
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I rarely drink out of ceramic coffee cup anymore. Coffee gets cold too fast. Instead I use Yeti Ramblers for both hot and cold beverages. I have two with company logos on them. So I know a Spyderco version is feasible. I'd much rather have one of those.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/drinkware/tumblers?pos=5
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

1 liter (34 oz) stainless steel mug with double wall. Enough to keep that beer or coffee pumping your head with adrenaline.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211010_205435_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping_edit_86080924783218.jpg
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm
I rarely drink out of ceramic coffee cup anymore. Coffee gets cold too fast...

I just started using a couple of ceramics after using stainless steel exclusively for the last few years, and the thing that I didn't remember was how freaking hot the bottom of ceramic mugs get!! Haha! It's obvious I know, but coffee coasters were not something I had thought about in a long while...
So it goes.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm
Instead I use Yeti Ramblers for both hot and cold beverages. I have two with company logos on them. So I know a Spyderco version is feasible. I'd much rather have one of those.

That being said, a well done stainless travel tumbler (12-16oz Coffee & 32oz Cold) would be some of the best advertising Spyderco could have. There are many people who tote those things everywere, myself included.
So it goes.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'd like a large Deneen Pottery Tankard in Black/Red with the Spydie logo and Spyderco Forum 2021. They could do a yearly one in a different pattern (Deneen has a TON of different mug styles) and color.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
kobold

Post by kobold »

Depends. Would I be able to sharpen a Maxamet Military with the bottom?
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

pantagana23 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:58 pm
1 liter (34 oz) stainless steel mug with double wall. Enough to keep that beer or coffee pumping your head with adrenaline.
Great idea, but what kind of steel? VG-10? S30V? M390?
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sakana-sensei,

Welcome to our forum. We spend a fair amount of time on North Shore Kauai. On which Island are you located?

sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A 20oz Yeti Rambler would be awesome.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I wonder if they could get the user name of every member to fit on the mug ... ??? :smlling-eyes

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!