Im on the fence....undecided

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kleon

Re: Im on the fence....undecided

Post by Kleon »

I am going to end up with all three eventually (looking at you Crucarta pre-order Vapo-knife lol).

Prob. going to swap out the REx45 blade into a g10 handle.

If only buying one I would go for the SMKW M4 variant - different scales than the norm, great steel as well. Copper scales will be heavy for EDC you just wont likely carry it. Crucarta one will be normal production and more numbers to accessible later at lower cost than the SMKW will eventually go for on the secondary market if you don't buy it direct from SMKW.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Given enough patience (a LOT of patience, that is) anyone will be able to get a Cruwear PM2. The SMKW is interesting, but those scales are a bit garish, even for a fan of CF like myself. I could not possibly carry a copper-handled PM2, just...no.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

M4
Cru

In that order
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Many people think that the C-36 Military is a bit too much blade for them to carry. But I'm here to tell you that when I got my M390 Military I made it my main EDC until just recently. And it was a great EDC folder.

Not sure when the next C-36 Military with a supersteel blade is coming out. But I'm hoping that we'll soon see a Millie with Magnacut>>that will be my next GOLDEN CO blade.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Crucarta. I have spoken 😉
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

I don’t think I’d ever choose regular production that I can pick up in the future over a sprint right now.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Kleon wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:59 am
I am going to end up with all three eventually (looking at you Crucarta pre-order Vapo-knife lol).

Prob. going to swap out the REx45 blade into a g10 handle.

If only buying one I would go for the SMKW M4 variant - different scales than the norm, great steel as well. Copper scales will be heavy for EDC you just wont likely carry it. Crucarta one will be normal production and more numbers to accessible later at lower cost than the SMKW will eventually go for on the secondary market if you don't buy it direct from SMKW.
Scale swap on the Rex45 is a great idea and I totally support you doing that.

RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

I don’t think I’d ever choose regular production that I can pick up in the future over a sprint right now.
Why is that? Curious as to hear the reasoning. Especially being new to the Sydie family.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

RAHComanche wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:43 am
Why is that? Curious as to hear the reasoning. Especially being new to the Sydie family.
Because FOMO. Sprint runs tend to get bought up fast. Once they’re gone, they’re often gone for good and very marked up on the secondary market.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Not on the list, but I would wait for the MagnaCut version. Nothing has been announced, but you know it is going to happen at some point. That's what I'm waiting for. Could take over a year (probably will). But I haven't had a PM2 in several years, so I don't feel the need to get one right now.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

I for some reason do not have a PM2, but am currently waiting in the Cruwear/micarta line for the release. I like micarta and this seems like a good combination. Hoping my patience holds out.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Does anyone have any clue when the PM2 crucarta is getting released? It’s been more than a hot minute since it was announced.