Chaparral Sun and Moon scratches on handle from new question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Re: Chaparral Sun and Moon scratches on handle from new question

Post by kodai78 »

Stas wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:33 pm
kodai78 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 pm
I bought one of these knives, my second Chaparral. The other is Raffir Noble. Because they are Spydies the knife part is great, but these two were purchased for their looks. I carry and will use them but I value their appearance more than most of my collection.
Your example is without any issues?
Indeed they both are. To clarify they both have thin slicey blades and came shaving sharp. Lock up and blade centering, fit and finish were flawless on arrival to my hand. I store these in soft cases. However they will, as I carry them, acquire scratches and marks of various kinds.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: