Scales fo Endura 4, Wharncliffe?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JackKnifeJack

Scales fo Endura 4, Wharncliffe?

Post by JackKnifeJack »

Hi there, brand new to this forum. Kinda beginner, about a dozen knives, mostly Spyderco. Question: I just purchased a Wharnecliff Endura 4 and want to get away from the stock FRN scales. Do the scales for the regular Endura 4 fit the Wharnecliff blade? Also does that follow for the Paramilitary 2? Do the basic drop point blade, Wharnecliff, and Tanto all take the same scales, spaces, screws etc.? Thanks in advance guys, little confused here.
Michael Janich

Re: Scales fo Endura 4, Wharncliffe?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear JackKnifeJack:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

JackKnifeJack wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:55 pm
Hi there, brand new to this forum. Kinda beginner, about a dozen knives, mostly Spyderco. Question: I just purchased a Wharnecliff Endura 4 and want to get away from the stock FRN scales. Do the scales for the regular Endura 4 fit the Wharnecliff blade? Also does that follow for the Paramilitary 2? Do the basic drop point blade, Wharnecliff, and Tanto all take the same scales, spaces, screws etc.? Thanks in advance guys, little confused here.
If you want some nice scales for your Endura or PM2 the contact BOOMER52, a member here. He does great work.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I’m sure you’re going to get more answers but I have seen two threads recently on blade swaps on the Para 3 platform. One user had some difficulty and the other did not.
I will also say that I have bought aftermarket scales a few times and they have always fit. That approach might be cheaper than a second knife. An Internet search for “scales for model X” will show you some options. The forum probably has a thread on the subject of Endura scale swapping.
There are slight differences in the dimensions of different blade shapes but generally it’s the length not the thickness of the blade stock if both are FFG. I suspect swapping a Sabre or hollow grind with FFG would not work on some knives.
It’s also the case that sometimes the screws are not the same length on different models with different materials in the scales, say G10 and FRN.
I hope this isn’t more confusing for you. At the end of the day you probably won’t have any trouble with a scale swap as long as you are careful. Good luck and let us know how it works out!
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am sure that the "regular" and wharnie Endura have the exact same scales.
I have nice Micarta scales on one of my Enduras, made by cuscadi.de.
Another great source would be suingab.
Both based in Europe, but do ship worldwide as far as I know.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JackKnifeJack

Post by JackKnifeJack »

Thanks guys! Thought I'd be OK just wanted to check. Looking toward to finding some cool scales. Is there a forum just for that here?