SFO Exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

SFO Exclusives

Post by kodai78 »

Recently I was in Golden (May ‘21) and went to the SFO and while I was there they had a Shaman with Rex 45 and orange G 10 display and I bought one. That knife came with a free t-shirt, 3X or small no other sizes. The previous time I was there (September 20) they had a PM 2 in a combo edge with 52100 steel. I have not seen that for sale anywhere else and was told it was SFO only. I don’t think you can find the Shaman anywhere online either. So are there other SFO exclusive knives? I don’t recall anything unique during other visits. I have been 2-3 other times but one was during the sale, I think in 2019, and the store was packed. If a unique to the store knife is sold there what kind of production run could it be? I guess these might be pretty rare? I wish I had bought the PM 2 when I had the chance.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Mushroom

Re: SFO Exclusives

Post by Mushroom »

The Burnt Orange and Rex45 Shaman was a sprint run. I'm guessing they just had stock leftover at SFO and decided to sell it in the SFO only and not list it online. I don't believe there are any "SFO exclusives" though.

The Carbon Fiber/52100 Combo Edge PM2 was also a sprint run but there was stock available in the SFO for a while afterwards.

A fun fact about the combo edge 52100 PM2 sprint is that it is the only Paramilitary 2 ever done in combo edge. :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

The entire Mule Team project amounts to SFO Exclusives.
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

The Colorado PM2 is an SFO exclusive.

Great find on the Rex45 Shaman, that’s an amazing knife steel combination.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

DFD04 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:28 pm

I was going to say I think the CO Flag PM2 is sold as "direct to consumer" product similar to the Mule Team Series or some merchandise but then figured thats pretty much equivalent to a "SFO exclusive."

I should have been more specific in my initial post. I don't believe there are any "SFO exclusive" variants available only in person.*

That would definitely be interesting though and I can't confirm or deny if I would have a vacation in Colorado planned for the exact day of it's release. ;)
-Nick :bug-red
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:50 pm
DFD04 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:28 pm

I was going to say I think the CO Flag PM2 is sold as "direct to consumer" product similar to the Mule Team Series or some merchandise but then figured thats pretty much equivalent to a "SFO exclusive."

I should have been more specific in my initial post. I don't believe there are any "SFO exclusive" variants available only in person.*

That would definitely be interesting though and I can't confirm or deny if I would have a vacation in Colorado planned for the exact day of it's release. ;)
Haha! I hear that…I had heard the the CO PM2 was originally supposed to be an in store only. But like other exclusives from retailers, it’s being sold online and in person.

There would be an awesome draw to an SFO in person exclusive, however!
z1r

Post by z1r »

Yes, some overstock or leftover stock is sold only at the SFO.

That's where I picked this beauty up:

My wife made a dress out of the 3xl T shirt, lol. The Shaman sitting next to the Manix was beautiful but I can't carry one so I passed.
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:11 pm
The Burnt Orange and Rex45 Shaman was a sprint run. I'm guessing they just had stock leftover at SFO and decided to sell it in the SFO only and not list it online. I don't believe there are any "SFO exclusives" though.

The Carbon Fiber/52100 Combo Edge PM2 was also a sprint run but there was stock available in the SFO for a while afterwards.

A fun fact about the combo edge 52100 PM2 sprint is that it is the only Paramilitary 2 ever done in combo edge. :spyder:
The carbon fiber/52100 CE PM 2 and Para 3 were actually a distributor exclusive. Rumor has it that the distributor had a rough time last year and Spyderco helped their cash flow by buying them back for sale in the SFO. I picked up both while they were in stock at the SFO. I wish I could have got a PM 2 with a 52100 PE, but the SFO never got those.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

My takeaway from this is simple. Maybe there aren’t “SFO exclusives” but on any given visit there may be a hidden gem or rarity. I will be sure to ask in future. There was a new case when I was there that had returns in it without the boxes at a large discount off of retail. I don’t know if they will always have that but it had a nice selection including some Schempp Bowie’s.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: