who out there wants some new old stock?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hardkiss

who out there wants some new old stock?

Post by hardkiss »

i have discovered (w.the help of another :spyder: nut. via this forum) a store in CT that has quite a bit of old stock that is discounted 40%..i did a 411 search and found the # to this place..they have new stuff as well but the old stock is where i was at..i have bought up all that i want from the store and i thought that i would let you folks know about this place..it is a Victorinox store in a mall in CT..if there is old stock that you want you must have the :spyder: id#..ex: worker C01..if you compile a list of :spyder: that you want they will tell you if they have it in or not..very cheap..i got a wegner jr for $75 brand new..better than e bay prices..let them know that Dave from Philly sent you..Tim is the one who has helped me there but i am sure that anyone there would be willing to help you out..# is 860-521-1806..GOOD LUCK GETTING WHAT YOU WANT THERE..
rickh

Post by rickh »

Hardkiss, Thanks for the info. Gave them a call but no luck with what I was looking for, (Rookie's in g10, stainless and a few others).The guy I spoke with, Tim, was really helpful. Thanks again.
KP

Post by KP »

Thanks for the tip, hardkiss.
No luck, either. They seem to have prices higher than usual and even those rare that are on sale came out high. (Calypso Jr. $51 after 40% discount)
Senate

Post by Senate »

explain me the new old stock thing... :confused:

a friend bought a NOS Fender guitar, which is the exact replica of a guitar made in the 60's except it's been made recently. I saw a lot of NOS Spydercos recently on eBay, does it mean they're old style models just made recently or that they found some old stock in the back of the store?

(anyway, a wegner jr for 75$ wowww! nice!)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Senate, I wouldn't call your friends guitar NOS, but a reproduction.

NOS to me means product that was manufactured a while ago, never sold, forgotten about, misplaced until recently found or you name it, but yet it's still new in the box. I've seen stuff called NOS because the packaging was changed and now you have stuff laying around with old graphics.
Senate

Post by Senate »

greencobra wrote:Senate, I wouldn't call your friends guitar NOS, but a reproduction.

NOS to me means product that was manufactured a while ago, never sold, forgotten about, misplaced until recently found or you name it, but yet it's still new in the box. I've seen stuff called NOS because the packaging was changed and now you have stuff laying around with old graphics.
thanks for clarifying this GC, I checked the Fender webpage and this is how they define it:
N.O.S. (New Old Stock): As if the guitar was discovered in a warehouse after many years, never played and showing no signs of wear.
it's just a label in fact... :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
RWL

Post by RWL »

I wish the 40% off was on their normal retail price, but they are taking it off the manufacture suggested retail price, which means high price, they quoted me a lil temperance at $200 msrp, before the 40% off, seems kinda high to me, but I have a PE Peter Herbst and Calypso coming, the prices are ok but it is nice to know they are new in the box
Ron :spyder:

WTC #1518 #1535
hardkiss

Rwl

Post by hardkiss »

did you place an order w.them..bunch of cool guys run that store..i got the last R for $117..not a bad price considering the #'s they are doing on ebay
miyamotomusashi

Post by miyamotomusashi »

Senate wrote:thanks for clarifying this GC, I checked the Fender webpage and this is how they define it:
N.O.S. (New Old Stock): As if the guitar was discovered in a warehouse after many years, never played and showing no signs of wear.
it's just a label in fact... :)
Yeah, Fender doesn't use the term right at all. They should be called LIKE N.O.S. They charge an arm and a leg for them too. They have three classes, N.O.S., Relic (made to look worn and old, including rust, nicks, and scratches) and Closet Classic (made to look old with finish cracking, but without the rust and scratches) All of these are a waste of money IMO.

N.O.S. in Spyderco's and Auto Parts are the real deal, New parts, that are actually OLD. Just like greencobra said.
"Do nothing which is of no use" A Book of Five Rings
bpfsu

Post by bpfsu »

I got the rest of their Guntings. I have been looking all over the place for one and nobody had any, including ebay. Thanks for the phone number!! :D
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

How are you all paying.. via Creadit Card over the phone?

thanks in advance.
Rock
bpfsu

Post by bpfsu »

pjrocco wrote:How are you all paying.. via Creadit Card over the phone?

thanks in advance.

Yes, at least that's how I did.

BP
pjrocco

Post by pjrocco »

Yeah, I figured it out...... $395 dollars later.. I figured it out.

Thanks!
Rock
thenick

Post by thenick »

loool pjrocco what did you bought for that price? you bought the store or what? :D
.:: TheNick ::.
thenick

Post by thenick »

Is there someone that can call for me because it's a long distance call for me :$

I'm looking for a Chris Reeves Green Beret (5.5 or 7")

If they have it I'll call them to place the order :D
miyamotomusashi

Post by miyamotomusashi »

You can't afford to make a call, but you can afford knives? A true knife junkie, nice to have you around.
"Do nothing which is of no use" A Book of Five Rings
thenick

Post by thenick »

well I prefer to spend more on a knife than to make calls

and the problem is that I would have to make this call with my cell phone and that would be really pricey :|
slick228

Post by slick228 »

thenick wrote:Is there someone that can call for me because it's a long distance call for me :$

I'm looking for a Chris Reeves Green Beret (5.5 or 7")

If they have it I'll call them to place the order :D
thenick,

I’ll call for you tomorrow morning! Please email me at slick228@yahoo.com and provide me with your contact information.

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
hardkiss

the nick

Post by hardkiss »

i don't know what time zone you are on..if you are able to call an 800# from Canada to the States you can call me tomorrow at my place of business and i can transfer you to the store w.no cost to you..my company winds up paying the fee..
thenick

Post by thenick »

slick228 wrote:thenick,

I’ll call for you tomorrow morning! Please email me at slick228@yahoo.com and provide me with your contact information.

:spyder:
what you need to know? :D

my name? my number? something else? :D