Fun Place

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tbdoc4kids

Re: Fun Place

Post by tbdoc4kids »

43 and just selected as Emergency Department chief. Gee, you guys are young! :-)
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

Wow , H.G Wells

I was on my honeymoon in Mexico, slamming some yellowfin tuna, mahi-mahi, and marlin
Our deckhand didn’t have a knife, and I let him barrow my delica to cut the wife and I some steaks, we ate very well and had a blast
P.s “ I think the deckhands were scamming us and had some knives some where, and wanted to sell our catch;);) “
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Yep most of are making me feel old now. I was like 36 in 2K
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

S-3 ranch wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:24 pm
Wow , H.G Wells

I was on my honeymoon in Mexico, slamming some yellowfin tuna, mahi-mahi, and marlin
Our deckhand didn’t have a knife, and I let him barrow my delica to cut the wife and I some steaks, we ate very well and had a blast
P.s “ I think the deckhands were scamming us and had some knives some where, and wanted to sell our catch;);) “
Can't imagine a deckhand without a knife on him at all times. At least one that I would trust or hire.
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

I was a senior in high school, thinking about what to do for the rest of my life. Military like my folks or go to college… I picked college, and after 2008 economic crisis, went back to school in 2010… and have had the same steady job for 9 years. Thank God nursing is economy proof. 2000… all I had was a SAK to my name… and I took it to school to sharpen my pencils… bet you can’t do that anymore!
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
S-3 ranch

Post by S-3 ranch »

skeeg11 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:01 pm
S-3 ranch wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:24 pm
Wow , H.G Wells

Can't imagine a deckhand without a knife on him at all times. At least one that I would trust or hire.
Yah “me no habla English “ welcome to Los Cabos San Lucas ;)
“”Think of an edge as a living thing that comes and goes, born, get's old, is reborn.””
SAL :spyder:

“ The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men” :bug-white-red :bug-white-red
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

43 years old, landscaping for a living. Only had a couple of Spyderco knives, out of maybe 500 or so.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I was 41 and deep into remodeling the sorely neglected house we’d just bought in California. It was the second of 17 years it took to make it a comfy home. How short is life!
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

That was almost the day I bought my house.
sal

Post by sal »

You are making me feel really old. But in reality, it's your forum and you made it what it is.

Thanx much.

sal
anycal

Post by anycal »

I had a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn ATS-34 in my pocket back then.
Peter
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

sal wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:49 am
You are making me feel really old. But in reality, it's your forum and you made it what it is.

Thanx much.

sal
We had good leadership! Thanks to you, Kristi, and the rest of Spyderco crew.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 am
Holy necro-thread... Might be a new record. Anyways, July 26 2000....
I was 10 years old and probably fishing at my grandparents house.
How old were you and What were y'all doing back then?
One question and you elevated the whole thread. 👍 Thanks!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i was 13 years young, living in Indiana at that time, got my first delica also around that time. i believe it was a delica 2 clipit. at this time my my dad was still running around and it was my job with my mother's to take care of my 3 younger sisters, shortly after that it became 4 younger sisters.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Let's see, I had gotten married at the end of 1999 for the first and only time, and I had just finished my master's degree after a long, long time of working and going to school. So, in 2000 I was trying to get established in a new job and figure out how to be a husband. And I had to get her used to guns and knives! Haha!
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

In 2000, I had passed the half-century mark and was working with hardware- and software-engineers on cutting-edge voice- and data-communications equipment; you know, so I could FaceTime the other day with my 10-year-old grandson who lives beyond a closed international border. How smart was that?
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
standy99

Post by standy99 »

2000 I was probably back butchering in between working for a earthmoving company building Sydney Olympic sites and starting for the department of agriculture where I have been ever since.

Still have a pacific salt on the boat that would have been bought in 2000
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

In July 2000 I saw Metallica for the Summer Sanitarium tour the weekend I turned 18. I remember my disposable camera was confiscated at the door but SAK (and spliff) made it to the pit. To this day I’ve never experienced anything else quite like Korn performing Shoots and Ladders followed immediately by Freak on a Leash.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

About a month after that post from late July 2000, I purchased my first Spyderco (an American company) made in Japan (Seki City) at a knife dealer in Karlsruhe, Germany. I still have that all stainless steel Native II with a CombinationEdge AUS-10 blade.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:52 am
In July 2000 I saw Metallica for the Summer Sanitarium tour the weekend I turned 18. I remember my disposable camera was confiscated at the door but SAK (and spliff) made it to the pit. To this day I’ve never experienced anything else quite like Korn performing Shoots and Ladders followed immediately by Freak on a Leash.
Korn puts on a heck of a show! I also saw them perform live, back in 2003. That bass line sounds just as good live as it did on the CD! It was a very interesting show that's for sure. It was Korn, The Used and of all things...Snoop Dogg!! Hahhaah.

Very interesting mix of people at that show, which I was honestly a little worried about but from what I saw everyone had a great time. That was one of my favorite shows I've ever been to, just for the variety.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick