Enough!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Joyce Laituri

Enough!

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Thank you everyone who participates here in a mature and contributing way. We appreciate you greatly.

For the small number of people who are bickering in here and posting foul things, you've made this forum uncomfortable and unenjoyable. I believe I can safely speak for most of the forumites here in asking you who are doing this to STOP. If someone feels the need to post inflammatory words, please ignore the poster. We have better things to talk about.

Spyderco employees moderating this forum have other primary jobs within our company. Overseeing bad behavior is taking time away from us doing what we are here to do. Frankly, we're tired of it and our system has limits to banning and shutting people out.

To those of you who make this forum great, thanks. I have a personal request and that is to PLEASE ignore the troublemaker(s). They are seeking attention desperately and are not contributing members of our community.

Joyce Laituri
Spyderco Inc.
silverback

Post by silverback »

Good that someone else speaks up, too.
Thanks, Joyce. :)
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
fret

Post by fret »

Joyce is right. The Spyderco forums are for making each other feel like a Spyderco family and not like we are on a battleground. I ignore the ignorant posts. I try not to curse in my replies and posts. Remember, it's easier to act like an idiot than it is to act like a descent person. These forums are for the whole family to enjoy. Family means father, son, mother, daughter, grandpaw, and grandmaw too. Let's keep the forums clean and make this the one nice place on the web that we won't be ashamed to send our family members to for enjoyable reading and information. Thank you Joyce.
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

thanks you Joyce and all the contributing members of this forum. I have a great deal of respect for all of those who make this forum a fun place to be.

-Dean
Senate

Post by Senate »

with all due respect Joyce, we also need more Mods on this forum, it's just the way the internet is... some people act like d*cks just because they feel unpunished behind their computer screens and the only way to stop them coming back is a good old BAN...

the 3 Mods (Carlos, TazKristi and you) in here are doing a great job but you/they just can't be here 24/7...

my 2 cents...
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
JD Spydo

YES!! & Amen

Post by JD Spydo »

I agree with Ms. Joyce thoroughly. It is pretty sad when someone is so starved for attention that they will do what they are doing. I can say that I have personally learned a great deal from the Forum. Not to mention all of the quality friends I have made in the past 9 months. Yes please try to ignore the problem children. JD :spyder: O
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Joyce Laituri wrote:..., please ignore the poster...

This is the part that really needs to be followed for it to be successful. Ignore the POSTER - not just a single post, not just a few posts, not just a thread or two, - ignore the poster completely.

And not just for a day or two!! That just makes them hang around until they can worm their way back into discussions. Ignoring them permanently and completely, even if they come back under a new identity, is the only thing that will finally get rid of those who persist in this disruptive activity. Allowing people a second, third, etc. chance just because they change their username makes no sense at all.

Hopefully we can get together and make our only available tool [IGNORE] work!!!

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
butch

Post by butch »

so it is done
i shall hope for nothing but great things i do love this place and i must thank the great people that work for spyderco and partake in this forum.
as i must also thank all the people that add all the good info
i post few but read much
in short i love this place and spyderco may all be good
thank you,
butch
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Thanks Joyce! This is supposed to be fun. My parents raised me to respect myself and others. I try to do the same with my kids. It is not really fair that you get the brunt of kids gone wrong. Anyhow, I will try to play nice with others.

Do you mind an email alert when there are overt infractions like those today. It could make being a moderator either easier or harder, depending on what folks bother you with. Perhaps if you have data on which trusted members tend to be online, when and for how long, you could contact a few and ask for the favor of an email alert. Just an idea.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Senate wrote:with all due respect Joyce, we also need more Mods on this forum, it's just the way the internet is... some people act like d*cks just because they feel unpunished behind their computer screens and the only way to stop them coming back is a good old BAN...

the 3 Mods (Carlos, TazKristi and you) in here are doing a great job but you/they just can't be here 24/7...

my 2 cents...

Maybe but some people are dictators. So it would have to be a good person.

You seem to be pretty frequent on the forum senate. I think you would be a good mod.
LONE WOLF

Post by LONE WOLF »

senate, 4-ster, Hannibal Lector are all people who would make cool mods.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

sounds good to me, as long as they are fair,
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

;) :cool: :spyder:
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Personally, I have no need for more mods. It's all a matter of personal choice. I'll police myself, thank you very much, and if I should say something inappropriate, I am confident that one of my fellow forumites will bring it to my attention, and it will be dealt with. Something similar has happened in the past, and the result was quite rewarding.

Asking for a moderator is IMO, somewhat like saying "we aren't capable of behaving outselves when the bad influence is around".

I remember, sometime in the 1990's, the KKK was planning a rally at Michigan State University. There was an article in the paper telling of all the various groups that were going to show up to protest. My observation was that "if no one showed up to protest, the KKK would probably just shout at themselves, in which case, who cares!"

Bottom line is, these people feed off of others responses. We don't need a moderator to stop feeding them. We just need to moderate ourselves.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

ghostrider wrote:
Bottom line is, these people feed off of others responses. We don't need a moderator to stop feeding them. We just need to moderate ourselves.
Id have to diagree. I never caused trouble becasue I fed off if it, I did becasue I was attacked by dennis or den for no reason when i didnt know any better. Then more and more people happened and I found it funny how seriouse you guys were. so i went with it.

I am here because i like knives, i love em and use them. There is 0 other reason. If I was here to steal or rip spyderco or other companies, I dont think I would really be so committed to the forums and have had bought 11 knives so far since march 1st. Ive been here for close to four months. ya think if I were a criminal like some people like deacon truly beleaves, i would have atleast tried somthing. Ask, Joyce or sal if I ever ripped them off, Maybe Mike dye, or Joe at american heritage sports, maybe Don Adelfson who i bought my MIlitary from, which I gladly paid first. Maybe Grand Prarie knives or the knife center and i cant forget knifeworks. All people I have dealt with with 0 problems. So yeah. Im not a Criminal.

Have I ever stolen somthing, yes candy from a stationary store when i was 8 and my mom made me bring it back. 1 time. Never been arested or in court, been suspended from school, can you guess the reason. I had a SAK, in my bag that was left from camping at lake lenier in GA.

Read my posts, only respond in a bad way when attacked, its the way I was raised. You call me a name in publick you will get decked in the face. No questions asked. I cant help that and wont change.

So can we please get this criminal crap out of the way, becasue its getting pretty old.

I typed this because, the thread is uh yeah about me. If you guys stopped responding to my posts and questions. would I leave or stop? No.

Why do I keep making names on Blade forums? It makes them mad and me laugh.
LONE WOLF

Post by LONE WOLF »

There is a reason I dont troll BFC (or anyplace else) anymore. On the internet, there are many ways to piss people off, buy stuff, get info, etc. But there are not that many ways to remain anomous. I may have some negative views of BFC, but I dont cause touble there anymore. Think about why it is not good to harass people at a website with a large LEO and Military presence? Luckily, I stopped before any LEO involvement, but trust me anyone in the US can be found. Please dont take this the wrong way (lord knows I aint a BFC mod let alone member) just thaught I might want to share this before anyone here (not just Vincent) trolls any forum (not just BFC) with a HIGH LEO presence.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Joyce, Thank you for your comments, hopefully they will be read by all and taken to heart...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Thank you Joyce - I was close before leaving.
Jur.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks Joyce, let's hope it will be taken to heart.

wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram