Ball bearing/Linerlock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

[quote="The Deacon"]Joe, most of the regulars here anyway know who you are and have a great deal of respect for your opinions. Know that I, for one, have bookmarks to all your BladeFourm "white papers", and consider them a major resouce. On the other hand, this BF thread is good for an occasionaly chuckle and helps put this "great debate" in perspective. ]

A very good one. I am up to 18 user names, Hope to make it 40 by the end of June.

K thx
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Joe

There is no sense arguing with the resident troll. As he says, he's been banned under a long list of names at BladeForums. He's only still here because Sal doesn't wish to try to "police" this forum and has just advised everyone to ignore him. Unfortunately, everyone doesn't ignore him so his infantile behavior continues.

All members - Why don't we ALL get together and COMPLETELY ignore vinny - then maybe he'd leave :confused: Right now, it's him with his multiple insulting, rude posts who's setting the climate of this Forum. The only weapon Sal has given us to deal with this is to IGNORE him - Let's do it. Don't respond to any of his posts! Don't answer his questions! Don't post in his threads! It will work if we all do, not just a few!

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

4 s ter wrote: He's only still here because Sal doesn't wish to try to "police" this forum and has just advised everyone to ignore him. Unfortunately, everyone doesn't ignore him so his infantile behavior continues.
How embarassing ... I didn't get the memo. I'll have to have a talk with my admin :) :) It's a rookie move to feed the troll, and I'm no rookie, so no excuses. I'll start following the policy starting ... now
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

4 s ter wrote:Joe

There is no sense arguing with the resident troll. As he says, he's been banned under a long list of names at BladeForums. He's only still here because Sal doesn't wish to try to "police" this forum and has just advised everyone to ignore him. Unfortunately, everyone doesn't ignore him so his infantile behavior continues.

All members - Why don't we ALL get together and COMPLETELY ignore vinny - then maybe he'd leave :confused: Right now, it's him with his multiple insulting, rude posts who's setting the climate of this Forum. The only weapon Sal has given us to deal with this is to IGNORE him - Let's do it. Don't respond to any of his posts! Don't answer his questions! Don't post in his threads! It will work if we all do, not just a few!

David

Where are these posts, id love to know. I think I have been on reather good behavior since febuary or march.

I dont think I cause trouble here, maybe at bladeforums, but they are pirates. and if you dont like, me you have the option of ignoring me, and I am fine with that. if nobody responds, i will keep making the same posts as I currently do. It doesnt matter to me.
argyll

Post by argyll »

Joe Talmadge wrote:Heh, I love the internet, I learn something new about myself every day :)
Hey Joe,

Whenever I find a post from you on any forum, I know I'm getting the straight dope. Unfortunately some dopes can't be straightened.

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

Thanks Argyll and Deacon!
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

[quote="Vincent"]Where are these posts, id love to know. I think I have been on reather good behavior since febuary or march.
QUOTE]
:spyder: Good on ya, man :cool: :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
sal

Post by sal »

If you've got a broken Spyderco knife (Dodo that defeats), we would prefer that you return it to us so we can fissit. Not safe as it is.

Regarding play, most locks well made can eliminate most play. locks with a long self adjustment ramp like the Axis (an excellent design) or the ball bearing lock can be play free, depending on the size of the "measurement".

My guess that play on these locks is more in the pivot tolerance than the lock tolerance. .001 can be felt by the very sensitive. (like Vinnie ;) ).

The BB lock is getting better all of the time. The Pakal uses a ball bearing holder which permits a smaller ball and still an easier unlocking purchase.

Thanx for the input Joe, always appreciate your sensible comments, even if you don't know what you're talking about ;) .

sal
Michael Cook

S' Narc Rules!

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: YEOW! Sal, every time you say pakal the hairs stand up on my neck! :eek: I can't wait! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

Three words for Sal: silver-tongued devil :)

I can't wait for the pakal either...
Hapkidoin

Post by Hapkidoin »

Just got my Dodo today and I cannot for the life of me find any play in the lock. It feels as tight as any MBC rated lockback or compression lock that I own. :D
Only dragons understand dragons.