WorkerFly?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dazen

WorkerFly?

Post by Dazen »

I’m thinking of upgrading my keychain knife. While I love my Manbug Salt, I’m find myself wanting a bit more purchase on the handle. I see the Dragonfly as a the next best option. As much as I would like a Wharncliffe Dragonfly I feel it is just a bit too wide for a keychain.

This is why I propose the WorkerFly! A Dragonfly with the incredibly useful Worker style clip point blade, would make the Dragonfly as compact as possible. Of course I would love to see it in a SE Salt version, but K390 or Cruwear would be great too.

What do y’all think?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Dan In MI

Re: WorkerFly?

Post by Dan In MI »

Yes, a Dragonfly is a bit too big to be an ideal keychain carrier. Thus, the Worker WorkerFly sounds like a winning idea!
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 am
I love it! ;)

viewtopic.php?t=84413
Yup, I missed that one! I did know however you’ve been advocating for the DodoFly for quite some time.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Yeah, I love the idea of Dragonflies with new blade shapes. It is such a great format. I love the Hawkbill and Wharnie, and I don't see why a DodoFly, CricketFly, and WorkerFly couldn't be made and be successful. I hope to see all three in Reveal 8! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Any version of the manbug is my perfect keychain knife.

You could try a grasshopper.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:58 am
I love it! ;)

viewtopic.php?t=84413
This would be awesome
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm in if I can get it serrated with the top swedge sharpened. I've always been curious about the utility of the Worker blade shape, and when I heard that the original had a sharpened edge on top it sounded even better. All that in a Dragonfly would make for a very useful little knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
awa54

Post by awa54 »

A recent post showed a pic of an Emerson wave D'fly with the wave hook removed. There's your starting point, already has the Spyderhole partially exposed and sabre grind.

Not sure I'd find that profile as useful as the regular leaf bladed version, especially in light of my ambivalence toward the Worker, but it'd be interesting to see it done!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...