Lil'Kapara anticipation thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Lil'Kapara anticipation thread

Post by elena86 »

This one is great news for me. I only hope and pray the Lil'Kapara is going to be just a shrunk version of the original, with a 3.25'' blade. I also hope it receives a stainless steel (20CV or CTS-XHP would be great) and maybe some nice burgundy or denim blue G10 scales(just to keep the price down). Just bring it faster :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
eventhorizon

Re: Lil'Kapara anticipation thread

Post by eventhorizon »

...surely hope they gonna keep the marble carbon scales, they're the nicest Spyderco ever made arguably.

For blade steel I'd be very happy with LC200N or something like NitroV, keeping the price nice and low.
notorious fidgeteer
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Burgundy and 20cv would be awesome, but they can’t go wrong with CF.

BTW the Kapara has regular CF, it just looks marbled due to the awesome contouring.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Where is the indication of this info. Just wondering hence I would like to see this too due to how well I like the original.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Sorry to rain on your parade but it will not just be shrunk down 10% and called a Lil Kapara. Spyderco knows better than that and is better than that.

Subtracting only .25" of blade length from the original is not much of a change and to me seems a bit redundant to make an entirely new model for. Still, I'm definitely interested to see a Lil Kapara though.
-Nick :bug-red
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 am
Spyderco knows better than that and is better than that.
Quite right.

If the Lil’Native had been just a shrunk-down Native5, it would have been artless and nothin’ new, instead of the masterpiece it is.

I’m certainly interested in what Alistair and the crew arrive at.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sorry to rain on your parade but it will not just be shrunk down 10% and called a Lil Kapara. Spyderco knows better than that and is better than that.

Subtracting only .25" of blade length from the original is not much of a change and to me seems a bit redundant to make an entirely new model for. Still, I'm definitely interested to see a Lil Kapara though.

Really ?! You seem to be quite sure ...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Is this even a real thing, or just wishful thinking?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I thought sal mentioned possibly a smaller Kapara and a bigger Kapara with one of them being slip joint like the original proto... I can't remember
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Nate

Post by Nate »

^have my fingers crossed for a slippie!
:spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd be on a smaller Kapara in a heartbeat. Slipjoint would be awesome, but if it came in both a slipjoint and locking version, that would be even better and I'd definitely buy both.

Since I got the DLT exclusive it's kicked everything else out of my pocket. I'm loving this knife--and that's despite my general un-love for the comp lock.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

elena86 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:25 pm
Mushroom wrote:

Really ?! You seem to be quite sure ...
I'm about 99% sure. ;) hehe

I'm not against seeing a Lil Kapara come to fruition but in my opinion, doing nothing more than scaling down the original is not the correct wrong way of creating one.

In the past, Sal has mentioned that there is at least one other variation of Kapara in the works, as Spydergirl mentioned. There is a smaller compression lock version and a UK Legal slip joint version of the original. The smaller version is supposedly planned to be done before the slip joint version but thats about as much as I've heard.

Sal also hinted at more than one Kapara exclusive in the works, so the DLT Grey G10/20CV version may not be the only one.
-Nick :bug-red
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

I own and love both versions. The blade length just over 3.5 inches makes me nervous to carry much where I currently live. I know that isn't an issue for a lot of folks but why I normally stick to carrying knives with blades obviously less than 3.5 inches. I would be on board for a smaller bladed Kapara in a minute. This is the only knife that I have seriously considered consulting a professional about slightly shortening the blade. The thought of possible disaster makes me hesitant though.
rhaug

Post by rhaug »

Hey, great to build some hype around this exciting release!

I’ve been lusting after a Kapara for some years now, with all the raving reviews and I love the look of the blade shape. But the regular size length is just too long to wield as a pocket knife in any situation where I live.

So bring on the 3” Kapara! Any steel S30v or above will do. Carbon fiber or G10 handles are fine. Micarta would be dream come true.
On deck: FRN Chaparral

Moved on: Techno 2, SpydieChef

Excited to get: UKPK Heinnie Haynes edition, Lil'Kapara (bring it on! :D )