The Last Gun You Bought

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: The Last Gun You Bought

Post by MacLaren »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:49 am
Nice!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 am
Enjoy Soc!!!
Thanks!

I've got 200 rounds of .223, 100 of .556 (a student of mine gave me 3 boxes of ammo since he sold his AR, score!), and 400 more rounds of .223 on the way. When life calms down and I can actually get out and shoot it will be a day of copper flying! Have almost 1000 rounds of 9mm too...hehe!

So much going on though with work, wife's grandmother, spending time with the kid, doing house work, it's hard to get some time to do some recreational activities. At least I picked up a cleaning kit and can get the rifle stripped down, cleaned up, and ready to go in the meantime! :D
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:57 am
soc_monki wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:49 am
Nice!
Thank you! :)
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Some tasteful accessories, too: optic sight, flip-up backup iron sights, handstop
and adjustable butt stock. You kids have all the fun.

Not to beat a dead horse and then lead it to water, but
a full magazine and empty chamber is known as the Israeli Carry,
not unique to but named for an Israeli armed forces policy.
You are in good company, bear, if I may call you that.
There are strong arguments for that method.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am
Some tasteful accessories, too: optic sight, flip-up backup iron sights, handstop
and adjustable butt stock. You kids have all the fun.

Not to beat a dead horse and then lead it to water, but
a full magazine and empty chamber is known as the Israeli Carry,
not unique to but named for an Israeli armed forces policy.
You are in good company, bear, if I may call you that.
There are strong arguments for that method.
Didn't want too much stuff on the gun. Just things I can use. Stock came with the lower, added the foregrip, Hogue pistol grip (better than the cheap one that came with the lower!), sights. Red Dot is a cheap-o, but supposed to be decent. I'll upgrade later. Might change the foregrip later, but this one seems nice. We'll see how it works when I shoot it.

She's unloaded in the picture. Have four magazines though, and will probably load them all haha!
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

My last purchase, Ruger Wrangler single action in .22
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Kloeshuman wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:19 pm
My last purchase, Ruger Wrangler single action in .22
Cool!
Congratulations 👏
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

Thanks! Love single action army guns
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

I feel like Joe Cartrite
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Kloeshuman wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 pm
I feel like Joe Cartrite
Hey, it's all good then! :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Nice Wrangler!!!

I have been thinking about picking up a Wrangler as a beater. I have an older Single Six and LOVE it but being a super nice revolver I do baby it a little. It has seen a lot of use for sure but I also try to keep it looking good.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

My Dad bought a Ruger Bearcat when they first came out.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would love a stainless adjustable sight Bearcat. Those little guys a pricey though. Some day!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:52 am
My Dad bought a Ruger Bearcat when they first came out.

Ha! Those two go together quite well! :cool:
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

The really nice thing is you can put the grips of the single six on the Wrangler, dress it up a little if you want to
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

You guys are killing me with these single actions.
Now, I want to get out my Grandfather's old Colt and pop a few cans.
TomAiello wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:11 pm
I haven't bought a new gun since my Seecamp. Almost no concern with printing, unless the pants are tighter than what I would wear.
I'd love to have a Seecamp. Maybe some day. :)
A little motivation. ;)

It is a splurge. But, the holster really is the cherry on top of this package. It has been in my pocket almost every day for over a year and it still looks brand new.

I had to buy it on the secondary market, because his waitlist is closed(and currently 5 years out :eek: ). 100% worth the cost(or wait).

I email him a few times a year, trying to weasel my way onto the list.

Someday...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Added yet another PX4 to the collection. This one is Langdon Tactical Tech's version of the full size 9mm version. Between the obscene price of ammo these days and the fact I've been totally happy carrying and shooting my LTT Elite Centurion these last few months, this one will probably stay a safe queen for a while.
Attachments
LTTPX4_01.JPG
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I just tied into a very nice S&W Model 29-2
A later -2 that has the 6" barrel. I think the 6.5 barrel was dropped in or shortly after 1979. At any rate, she was in my price range and I'll post up some pics when I get her. She won't be nearly as nice as that Model 27-2 is, but in all fairness that Model 27-2 I have is as close to brand new you'll just about ever see.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Seems like a bad time to buying firearms in the US. With demand so high prices are at their highest in years, maybe ever. Not to mention you might be forced to "sell" to the government for pennies on the dollar if some have their way.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:56 am
Seems like a bad time to buying firearms in the US. With demand so high prices are at their highest in years, maybe ever. Not to mention you might be forced to "sell" to the government for pennies on the dollar if some have their way.
Well, ya still grab a good deal on a revolver you've always wanted. I was suprised I got it for what I did....
But, to your point, it's the worst time ever to be a buyer of firearms. That being said, I'm very happy for what I got it for.
Edited.
Last edited by MacLaren on Fri May 28, 2021 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.