Techno 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aicolainen

Re: Techno 2

Post by aicolainen »

Eratus wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:37 am
aicolainen wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:06 am
The attraction for me with this knife, beyond that it's actually visually attractive, is how small and un-intimidating it is. Knife laws around here are not very distinct, so if you're carrying, it's better if it doesn't show, and if the wrong person sees it anyway, it's a big advantage if it doesn't appear very useful as a weapon. Deep carry and short sheepsfoot blades are a big plus in that regard.
These were my thoughts also on the Techno 2. Im from Sweden and it sounds like our knife laws are about as blurry as yours. I would actually much rather have a certain blade length to follow. Not the justification of carrying like we have now.
As far as I understand Swedish knife laws, they seem slightly better in writing, but here in Norway we might have an edge (no pun intended) in the way of quite relaxed enforcement. For the most part.
That's my impression anyways, that you guys are more scrutinized by a police force that seem to have a proclivity towards going beyond whats mandated by the law to reach their goals. At least as it relates to firearms. I could very well have the wrong impression though, as my data points are very limited. Being a hunter and sports shooter myself, I try to stay on top of the politics affecting it, and as part of that I try to keep up with Pia Clerté on FB (which I'm hardly using) and occasionally reading the Morgonsur blogg. Among others.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I just got an email today from Urban EDC Supply and they have Techno 2s that have been reground by Krein. Too rich for my blood, but at $319 you might like one. Interesting timing, no?
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Ha, it is. Thank you for the heads up!
Patko

Post by Patko »

For me, techo 2 is a diamond in my collection. Don't carry any jewelry, have techno 2 for that. Not to mention the build quality, best one. New marking point in comparison to other knives, including other spydercos.
--mitja