Who loves their Pochi, and why?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Who loves their Pochi, and why?

Post by archangel »

I'm so excited! I actually thought the price was too much for such a small knife. But hey, newly introduced steel! Titanium scales! Super extravagant design! And with a 15% discount - I take the chance!

Tell me why it was a good decision! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Naperville

Re: Who loves their Pochi, and why?

Post by Naperville »

archangel wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:32 pm
I'm so excited! I actually thought the price was too much for such a small knife. But hey, newly introduced steel! Titanium scales! Super extravagant design! And with a 15% discount - I take the chance!

Tell me why it was a good decision! :)
You might think based on my martial arts and self defense background I would not want a Pochi, but I do! It is sneaky small and totally legal in Chicago, should I ever drive in there.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
archangel

Post by archangel »

No happy Pochi owners out there?? :eek: Come on....
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

No love for the Pochi here on this forum?? :eek: I'm shocked.... :( :confused:

I think *I* will love this little fella. :)
Michael
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

It's a very interesting design but I just can't justify the price at this point in time. I would be interested in your opinion when it arrives.
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I don't own it yet but I'm a very big fan of small knives in that size range so I will definitely buy one at some point. It's a very intriguing design and I really like the concept.

I handled it a couple times in the SFO this past November and it had a needle point like tip on the blade and it was razor sharp in general! I like the concave profile of the blade too. In a functional sense, it's similar to the McBee in that it seemed like a good spot to choke up on and have really precise control of the tip. The little tail is a cool feature but with it being so thin, I found it difficult to actually grip effectively. None the less, there are some really cool details and the fit and finish was phenomenal, so I will be happy to own one! :spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
archangel

Post by archangel »

I think the blade shape looks like it's very functional, with a super pointy tip (always a plus for me!). Fit and finish is another good reason why I'm looking forward to this little bugger. Taichung knives are never bad - au contraire! And it's titanium - my favourite scales material!
Michael
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Archangel, sorry, the Pochi was never going to be a big seller, at least not in the west. I’m sure it’s well made and all but it’s a strange little thing.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Haven't pulled the trigger on the Pochi yet, but I have to admit I really enjoy my McBee.
Seeing how they're very similar in size, I reckon I'd like the Pochi as well :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The pochi will definitely be one of those highly sought after collector's items in a few years.
archangel

Post by archangel »

zhyla wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:27 am
Archangel, sorry, the Pochi was never going to be a big seller, at least not in the west. I’m sure it’s well made and all but it’s a strange little thing.

No need to apologize. Obviously it's not for everyone. But I was pretty sure it would have gained some friends, and see? It does! :)
Michael
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

The Pochi is small which makes it legal in more places, and it has low intimidation factor thanks to that small size and its adorable design. I love mine :D
1401941871.jpg
949532046.jpg
Harkwit

Post by Harkwit »

Not me! Lock failure out of box.

https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/comm ... ut_of_box/

And unfortunately, it looks like I'm not the only one suffering from this. Discussed further in this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89075
archangel

Post by archangel »

Well mine has an itsy bitsy tiny little bit of lock stick, and was a bit gritty fresh out of the box. Gave it some Böker Pen Oil, now it works smoothly. Detent and lock are aok.

I love mine because the design puts a smile on my face (upswept blades win me over easily), the Titanium feels as great as ever, and the overall appearance is just super. :) Hey, and it's another new steel I can now check the box for! ;)
Michael
Mugman16

Post by Mugman16 »

I have a pochi and have had it since launch, almost no pocket time honestly. its just too small to be truly useful. Adorable though.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Last year I bought the Böker Plus Subcom VG-10 Titanium for 49 Euros (on sale), and 215 Euros for the Pochi feels too much.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
archangel

Post by archangel »

kobold wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 pm
Last year I bought the Böker Plus Subcom VG-10 Titanium for 49 Euros (on sale), and 215 Euros for the Pochi feels too much.

I paid about 170€, tax included (I'm EU based just like you), and consider it worthy. A Böker Subcom is small, yours has Ti scales too, but other than that, compared with a Pochi, it's just not the same thing at all.
Michael