Can ya shave with a Persian?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Cook

Can ya shave with a Persian?

Post by Michael Cook »

Apparantly you can.
Running late for work today I hastily shaved before running to catch the bus. When I got to work my tactful co-worker asked me "so what's with the druggie mange look?"
Checking in the mirror sure enough I'd missed a freaking inch along my jaw. Great, eight hours to go. Then the idea strikes me; the persian in my pocket is shaving sharp!
Mind you, I have a very heavy beard, I get ten a.m. shadow. So I immediatly had reservations I mean arm hair is one thing but this is something else. Plus I drink A LOT of coffee. And the Persian most definatly has what it takes to leave my fool chin and lips floating in the sink when combined with my utter lack of shaving technique using anything other than a mach 3 safty razor.
Luckily I don't worry too much about thinking things through, (ask my first two wives :p ) so I put some liquid hand soap on my jaw spyder-dropped my persian and zzzzip! That was it! no problem, one swipe, a close shave! no cut no razor burn! :eek:
I've been laughing at myself of late as I watch tv and endlessly polish my spydies with the ultra fine spyderco hones, asking myself why I need these blades so freaking sharp. I tell ya...there's no telling when a REALLY sharp knife will come in handy! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Michael, I get 8am shadow...mine so thick by then I think I'd need a Manix to do the face justice...better get me some of those ultra-fine stones..just in case...LoL...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I did the same thing with my PolicemodelPE. Just be careful with the long blade and a overdose of cafein.
yog

Post by yog »

Glad to see that I'm not the only person that tops up their morning shave with a Spyderco at work :D

The UK Penknife is my shaver of choice ;)
Walk softly, carry a big stick.
yog

Post by yog »

Now lets see someone try that with a full spyder edge blade :rolleyes: :D
Walk softly, carry a big stick.
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

yog wrote:Now lets see someone try that with a full spyder edge blade :rolleyes: :D
I imagine that shoul be possible due to the chisel grind on a spyder edge. But it would need to be really, really, really sharp to actually cut the hairs.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

yog wrote:Now lets see someone try that with a full spyder edge blade :rolleyes: :D
:spyder: I considered using my civvie to trim my nose hair but that would be a utility use! :spyder:

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

My Kiwi is a fair 'touch-up' shaving knife. Just remember to keep it very sharp, polished edge, and use whatever soap you can find. A mild liquid dishwashing detergent even worked for me in a pinch! Goes to show that having a good pocket knife gives you more options in everyday life!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
i.v

Post by i.v »

i usually save myself from such events by looking in the mirror while i shave :rolleyes: :D
lol
but it's good to know that spydies shine on such jobs (thank god for VG10) :p
miyamotomusashi

Post by miyamotomusashi »

I really want a spyderco straight razor, when will that happen?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I'd be afraid of the persian's tip
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: it was frightening, fortunatly i'm on my third marriage. fear no longer touches me ;) :spyder:

vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

shave? I cheat :p

I've had something going for the last 2yrs, from an attempt at a beard to just the chin going... Last time I cleaned it up(for the mothers day family gathering) my sister and aunt both told me I looked like Satan himself :D . I'll get a new pic done and up here this weekend, have a wedding to clean up for.

I just use the hair clippers every week or so, takes it down to a day or so of stubble... much easier than going clean and wondering how long it'll last.

Back when I was working in food industry, they'd complain on day 2 if I didn't shave. My 'fly saved many a day of going home for my electric razor.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

spyderco straight razor? try a PE rescue or atlantic salt... :D
Hannibal Lecter

Lol!

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Michael Cook wrote:...fortunately i'm on my third marriage. fear no longer touches me...
ROFL!

A second or third marriage is in and of itself the triumph of optimism over experience... :D ;) :eek:

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

[quote="Hannibal Lecter"]ROFL!

A second or third marriage is in and of itself the triumph of optimism over experience... :D ]
LOL. :D

Boy, isn't that profound.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Jeeze ......... shaving with a pocket knife ... :eek: You guys are bold..
I suppose I'd do it if I had to, but .................... :D
Steve