K390 SS Stretch 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

K390 SS Stretch 2

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m seeing the K390 Police is dropping, does that hopefully mean the Stretch is next? I’m really jonesing for the K390 straight spine!
Josh
JonesE

Re: K390 SS Stretch 2

Post by JonesE »

I agree. I am definitely jonesing for the SS K390 Stretch.

JonesE
Donut

Post by Donut »

When I first saw this thread, I thought SS meant Stainless Steel and I thought you were crazy. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
archangel

Post by archangel »

Donut wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:40 am
When I first saw this thread, I thought SS meant Stainless Steel and I thought you were crazy. :p

+1!! :eek:
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
JMM

Post by JMM »

Of all the Seki K390 models this is tied with the Police4 LW for me... I *REALLY* hope they release a drop point/OG Stretch2 blade as well, I actually prefer it, but any stretch in K390 I'm all about it! Now if we can get SE variants of 'em, wooo!
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Also eagerly awaiting this one!
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Hopefully! I've got mine preordered at BladeHQ. Already identified who I'm going to get my custom Micarta scales from. Really looking forward to this knife.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I might be a little bit crazy!
Josh
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

JMM wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:51 am
Of all the Seki K390 models this is tied with the Police4 LW for me... I *REALLY* hope they release a drop point/OG Stretch2 blade as well, I actually prefer it, but any stretch in K390 I'm all about it! Now if we can get SE variants of 'em, wooo!
I would also much prefer a drop point Stretch K390. I hope we get them too. I may have to get a straight spine either way.
archangel

Post by archangel »

I'm very VERY happy I got a Stretch 2 with drop point blade when it was the only option. For me it was and still is the only blade shape for the Stretch. I don't understand why there suddenly must be a straight spine version. But I don't have to. :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have settled on buying two of these Seki K390 runs. The SS Stretch and the SE Police4LW. I was gonna buy the Delica but I seldom carry any of my other Delicas anymore. Love the Delica but have gravitated to larger knives.

Bring this knife on!!!! I am normally super opposed to using folders on game but I might try to process an entire deer with this guy. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 pm
I have settled on buying two of these Seki K390 runs. The SS Stretch and the SE Police4LW. I was gonna buy the Delica but I seldom carry any of my other Delicas anymore. Love the Delica but have gravitated to larger knives.

Bring this knife on!!!! I am normally super opposed to using folders on game but I might try to process an entire deer with this guy. :)

Same here, I still love my Delicas and keep them in the cars and drawers for little things here and there, but the Endura, Endela, and SSS are the sweet spot for my EDC needs. I have the K390 Endela and Endura, and will be getting the SSS. The Delicas I am sticking with my two Cruwear models and the GITD.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Highly anticipated. I have mine on pre-order as well. I do hope in the future they do a drop point.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I only hope that with this version the Stretch will finally start to gain the popularity it has been deserving for the longest time already imho...

- Perhaps at first it was the "funky" blade shape of the drop point Stretch (which I personally love btw.) that kept people from trying one
- Then the straight spine ivory Stretch came "just" in VG10 (which I personally really like too btw.. ;) ) and many perhaps found that "boring" or did not like the scale color
- But NOW: K390, not too bright blue scales... I hope it will get more people to try this perfect design. And almost everyone who really tries seems to like the Stretch anyway!

Especially (but NOT ONLY!!!) for people with larger hands, who like the general Manix /PM2 dimensions and still want a finger choil the Stretch is a great choice! Very close in general dimensions to the PM2, but more grip area (and imho better ergos, partly to the chamfering of the FRN and the closed back). Plus a (for me) better, thinner blade.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kobold

Post by kobold »

I am open to both, since I still don't have anything in K390 but I would also prefer the drop point one. I am more concerned about the build quality of these.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

kobold wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:55 pm
I am open to both, since I still don't have anything in K390 but I would also prefer the drop point one. I am more concerned about the build quality of these.
For what it’s worth, my Endela and Police 4 have been absolutely top notch in terms of build quality. No wiggles, grittiness or lockup issues whatsoever. The edge bevels were not perfect but that’s expected and easily remedied.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
sal

Post by sal »

I have approved of the sample, but we're considering a name change to designate the drop point blade from the straight spine version.

sal
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I generally don't do multiples of the same pattern and same steel, but I will make an exception for this Really good news Sal!
kobold

Post by kobold »

MFlovejp wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:02 pm
For what it’s worth, my Endela and Police 4 have been absolutely top notch in terms of build quality. No wiggles, grittiness or lockup issues whatsoever. The edge bevels were not perfect but that’s expected and easily remedied.
Cheers! :)
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kobold

Post by kobold »

I know it is impossible to tell without insider knowledge, but I wonder if the behind the edge thickness will be the same on both models.