What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:00 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:56 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:24 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:07 pm
I'll try that out this weekend, I've always thrown with spin but see clear advantages to this style.

Vivi, perhaps you´d like to watch also the respectively first minute of the two vids below:

Not ALL no spin, but most of the throws are. Many throws can only be done in such speed by "no spin" technique, and some are only possible with "no spin" - for example when you want to hit a target that someone threw in the air and want to pin it against a wall (cause with "spin" you could not hit both the "flying" target AND the wall with the tip of the knife.

Generally, on moving targets "spin" works really bad: How to judge the distance when one does not know exactly how fast or slow the target will move?

https://youtu.be/SJ1-5wtBTtQ

https://youtu.be/Mi4LizqkqFA
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 pm
PM2 M4 last week - and decided to sell my backup copy.

Chaparral FRN today - I'm on the fence if I am going to keep or sell.

CG
Something big in the works?? Usually selling a few off means something new is coming along :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
derp

Post by derp »

Police 4 LW K390|Stretch 2 LW K390|Manix 2 LW Maxamet|Manix 2 DLT Cruwear|Manix 2 XL St. Nick's 4V|Shaman Z-wear|Native Chief REX 45|YoJumbo S90V
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Since I received my Spyderco Native Chief in S90V that's all I've carried in my right pocket, and it's all that I'll carry until I place the Spyderco Native Chief in Rex 45 in my left pocket.

TWO IS ONE AND ONE IS NONE!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

This morning it was a SpyOpera and this afternoon a PM 2.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:20 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:47 pm
PM2 M4 last week - and decided to sell my backup copy.

Chaparral FRN today - I'm on the fence if I am going to keep or sell.

CG
Something big in the works?? Usually selling a few off means something new is coming along :)
Just trying to enjoy knives without growing the collection. So far in 2021 I've purchased 4 and have let 4 go. The blacked out PM2 S45VN is on my shortlist and I've gone back and forth on the proficient a dozen times.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

cycleguy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:48 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:01 pm
Hike with the SE endura this morning, and this afternoon...Spyder Throwers! Guys, if you don't own a set of these, you should! They are a whole lot of fun. I've gotta work on my grouping, but for now I'm just happy to be hitting my target. ;)
Did you go with medium?

CG
These are the large ones. We figured they'd be easier for beginners, which I think was the right call.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Rainy day here. So we're just doing things around the house. We're about to take a drive over to Grapevine, TX to visit the Texas Gun Experience. I enjoying hanging around their Blade Bar :)

This one's putting a smile on my face again today. I love the lines on this beast!

After now having the CRK Inkosi, I get why this knife has always caught my eye! There's some similarities between the two. Such a great score for you! I was surprised when you took the plunge during the sale, but really looks like you got a gem :)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Rainy day here. So we're just doing things around the house. We're about to take a drive over to Grapevine, TX to visit the Texas Gun Experience. I enjoying hanging around their Blade Bar :)

This one's putting a smile on my face again today. I love the lines on this beast!

After now having the CRK Inkosi, I get why this knife has always caught my eye! There's some similarities between the two. Such a great score for you! I was surprised when you took the plunge during the sale, but really looks like you got a gem :)
I had intended to buy the Paysan since it was announced. The price ended up being a little more than I wanted to spend so I kept putting it off. I was caught completely off guard when I saw them come up for sale during the seconds sale. It only took me a few seconds to decide to buy one. Once I did I couldn't get my debit card out fast enough haha. $315 is a bargain for that knife

It really is a cool knife. It's a little impractical but who cares? That slim contoured handle and that big blade work perfect together. And sound it makes when the blade locks up is awesome CLUNK! haha! The beautiful thing for me is it's a second and I don't feel like it needs to be a safe queen. I've been carrying it quite a lot
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

It's pretty rainy here today. A great excuse for a lazy Sunday morning.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:38 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

I had intended to buy the Paysan since it was announced. The price ended up being a little more than I wanted to spend so I kept putting it off. I was caught completely off guard when I saw them come up for sale during the seconds sale. It only took me a few seconds to decide to buy one. Once I did I couldn't get my debit card out fast enough haha. $315 is a bargain for that knife

It really is a cool knife. It's a little impractical but who cares? That slim contoured handle and that big blade work perfect together. And sound it makes when the blade locks up is awesome CLUNK! haha! The beautiful thing for me is it's a second and I don't feel like it needs to be a safe queen. I've been carrying it quite a lot
What was the issue with it? Looks pretty perfect to me!
- Julia

przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:03 am
Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:38 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

What was the issue with it? Looks pretty perfect to me!
Only issue I can find is what looks like a tiny pit in the blade about the size of a pin head. Pictures make it look worse than it does with the naked eye. It's actually just a tiny spec. I'll take a tiny pit mark for a $245 discount lol

You can see it above the red dot in this pic

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vivi

Post by vivi »

Top one:

Puts into perspective how thin the edge is on my EDC.

The new one barely has any recurve. It'll sharpen up even more easily.
:unicorn
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Can anyone spot the differences between these two? :D

-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:05 pm

One doesn't rust when exposed to water :D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:25 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:05 pm

One doesn't rust when exposed to water :D
LOLZ