What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TKCSA

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by TKCSA »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:56 pm
TKCSA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 am
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

Nice pic and imho underrated knife!
I had one too, very light, good amount of edge and one of the very few Spydies with 2.00 (thin! = good :D ) bladestock.
Sometimes regret that I sold mine: I much preferred ffg at the time, and actually still do, but the sabre/hollow actually is amazing in this model

/ Can´t see it too well on my cellphone screen, but it looks like you gave the Centofante a nice, coarse edge - ?!
Thank you sir :) I enjoy the thin bladestock and it definitely slices very well. It is indeed a nice and toothy edge, but not my personal work - a friend who is much more skilled than myself put that edge on :D
Rub53

Post by Rub53 »

At work ( witch is most of the time) pm2 black g10 dlc s30v! Need to get a soldering iron to remove the pivit screw to put my custom ti scales on my new satin m4 tanto pm2 , to bad the mail man took the dlc m4 tanto to the wrong house.... Gone forever 😭
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

sal wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:32 am
K390 Stretch 2 straight spine.

sal
Sal you tease!! I have one on pre-order. Can't wait.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 am
Darby, perhaps you could post a more close up shot of this knife, in a resolution as high as possible?
An old patina! This is the original patina that was formed naturally. It was never forced and has never been buffed out.
Wow, love the Wabi Sabi of this. I'm just not patient enough to stick with one knife long enough to get such a great finish. Tells a story it does!
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

TKCSA wrote:
Today I have a special one in my pocket - 12 years old but still looks like she only left Japan yesterday.

She is also not known for respecting the cohesive properties between materials....

I've been drawn to these for a while. I will cave soon I think. But I'd love to see this as an updated design with screw construction and upgraded materials, say k390?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:50 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 am
Darby, perhaps you could post a more close up shot of this knife, in a resolution as high as possible?
An old patina! This is the original patina that was formed naturally. It was never forced and has never been buffed out.
Wow, love the Wabi Sabi of this. I'm just not patient enough to stick with one knife long enough to get such a great finish. Tells a story it does!

For my personal taste this would be an absolute perfect calendar pic. Love to look at that blade, it "does tell a story it does" indeed. :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
rescueseven

Post by rescueseven »

El Jefe
"Don't tempt me, I'll do a sprint run of it!" -Eric
"We've been working on this design for 10 years, unsuccessfully." -Sal
WTC #1398 Bless their souls
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

black delica c/e with lynch clip :spyder:
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

rescueseven wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:47 am
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Matus

Post by Matus »

Brouwer. I love that dude.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Cold day short run to and in castle and park of Hellbrunn near Salzburg - of course running buddy Chap in my pocket! :)

This is a castle and pleasure grounds built in the early sixteenhundreds by the then prince archbishop of Salzburg (here https://www.hellbrunn.at/en/ is their nice homepage, including some virtual tours you can click, which are really worth watching! (generally and should one like to see some of the surrounding to where I live ;) )). Scroll down to the bottom of the site and there is also a short clip.

The Salzburg archbishops back then were quite different than to what people nowadays would expect from a catholic high church dignitary... ;) : Both secular and clerical rulers, sometimes even warlords, had huge amounts of power and the only thing they did not was marry.. but they still had mistresses and children of course.

TKCSA

Post by TKCSA »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:51 pm
TKCSA wrote:

I've been drawn to these for a while. I will cave soon I think. But I'd love to see this as an updated design with screw construction and upgraded materials, say k390?
I am sure you will enjoy the knife! It is a elegant and beautiful knife that cuts very well. I have never found the rivets to be a concern - the knife is still solid as a rock after years of use. However if an upgrade is made available I will purchase one for sure!
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20210215_142606.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

TKCSA wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 am
Bemo wrote:
TKCSA wrote:

I am sure you will enjoy the knife! It is a elegant and beautiful knife that cuts very well. I have never found the rivets to be a concern - the knife is still solid as a rock after years of use. However if an upgrade is made available I will purchase one for sure!
The Centofante 3 is probably one of the most under rated Spydercos and it is time for a bit of CQI. I may have mentioned once or twice in the past that it is, I think, the longest running model in the catalogue that hasn't seen any CQI.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

PSquared wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am
TKCSA wrote:
Bemo wrote:
TKCSA wrote:
The Centofante 3 is probably one of the most under rated Spydercos and it is time for a bit of CQI. I may have mentioned once or twice in the past that it is, I think, the longest running model in the catalogue that hasn't seen any CQI.

Agree and exactly what I said in my reply to his post!
The one I had was perfect and would not have needed any upgrade, but I am sure that Spyderco could come up with things to even make the model better.
I sold mine back then cause I thought I would always prefer ffg over sabre hollow. I was wrong. Generally I still want ffg, but in this knife the hollow grind is actually great.
PStone

Post by PStone »

The best winter knife I own:
Native Salt SE

I always seemed to associate the salt series with the ocean and beach. Took me a while to realize they’re perfect for outdoor winter utility use. Not just tropical weather.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

PStone wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:23 am
The best winter knife I own:
Native Salt SE

I always seemed to associate the salt series with the ocean and beach. Took me a while to realize they’re perfect for outdoor winter utility use. Not just tropical weather.

You are a wise man. :)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:22 am
PSquared wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:15 am
TKCSA wrote:
Bemo wrote:

Agree and exactly what I said in my reply to his post!
The one I had was perfect and would not have needed any upgrade, but I am sure that Spyderco could come up with things to even make the model better.
I sold mine back then cause I thought I would always prefer ffg over sabre hollow. I was wrong. Generally I still want ffg, but in this knife the hollow grind is actually great.
I'm really not sure why I don't have one of these. They're not expensive, I generally love hollow grinds, and I love the sleek long lines of the design. It's been on my wish list forever. Maybe it should be my next Spydie!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?