Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gunmike1

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by gunmike1 »

The SFO has them up now.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Theres possibly a 25% discount at Spyderco when checking out.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:01 am
https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C229MZW/1893

edit.. double tapped
Last edited by Buddafucco on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
Squidlauncher

Post by Squidlauncher »

Thanks Buddafucco! Finally secured one!
archangel

Post by archangel »

$45 for shipping to Germany... even with the 25% discount, that is just too much to swallow. The knife ain't cheap itself.....
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Knifesafteydwight

Post by Knifesafteydwight »

gunmike1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:57 am
The SFO has them up now.
Thank you so much! Got one cause of you sir!
hinojos25

Post by hinojos25 »

What is SFO?😅
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Oos at spyderco
•• Beau
beard0x0

Post by beard0x0 »

Why would Spyderco charge a higher price than retailers when they already have a fatter margin from selling directly?
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

archangel wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:44 am
This ain't our last chance, nerdlock.

Crossing fingers, Michael! Hope you could get yours too.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Honestly....

I fair better against the massive bot swarms and server crashes that come with planned exclusives.... Rather than this random: "here they are, oh look over there, over here now"!

I usually passively go through knife web pages to see what's new and upcoming.... but
I NEVER am on the right website at the right time... Oh well, happy hunting this is why I kept my Rex45 Knifecenter Shaman mint. I had a feeling it would be the only exclusive Shaman I could get.
Puiu1

Post by Puiu1 »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:43 am
Honestly....

I fair better against the massive bot swarms and server crashes that come with planned exclusives.... Rather than this random: "here they are, oh look over there, over here now"!

I usually passively go through knife web pages to see what's new and upcoming.... but
I NEVER am on the right website at the right time... Oh well, happy hunting this is why I kept my Rex45 Knifecenter Shaman mint. I had a feeling it would be the only exclusive Shaman I could get.
I feel you man. I'm already tired of this. It's driving me nuts. I bought a crucarta yesterday knowing I'll probably not get one of the Z's and the secondary prices are prob gonna be stupid so I'd rather have one of those anyway. If the rumors are true about how many they are making the crucarta will be more valuable since there will be less of them.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Puiu1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
Spyderman91 wrote:
Honestly....

I feel you man. I'm already tired of this. It's driving me nuts. I bought a crucarta yesterday knowing I'll probably not get one of the Z's and the secondary prices are prob gonna be stupid so I'd rather have one of those anyway. If the rumors are true about how many they are making the crucarta will be more valuable since there will be less of them.
It's actually a FANTASTIC user knife, ya know...the whole reason Sal created the heavy duty knife in the first place. Honestly, all the people pissing and moaning about it that want it soley to sit in a box or a safe...I hope they don't get one, because there are plenty of people out there that would love to use and carry this knife that are likely going to miss out on it because of these people that are just wasting it for value down the road. :mad:
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Puiu1

Post by Puiu1 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Puiu1 wrote:
Spyderman91 wrote:
Honestly....

It's actually a FANTASTIC user knife, ya know...the whole reason Sal created the heavy duty knife in the first place. Honestly, all the people pissing and moaning about it that want it soley to sit in a box or a safe...I hope they don't get one, because there are plenty of people out there that would love to use and carry this knife that are likely going to miss out on it because of these people that are just wasting it for value down the road. :mad:
Oh I am gonna use the **** out of it lol. You should see my s90v shaman. It's such a workhorse. Keep her super sharp too. It cut my the other day and I didn't even know it lol
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Puiu1 wrote:
Spyderman91 wrote:
Honestly....

Totally agree! I have nothing against knife collecting, or even "investing", but this is one that is meant to be used. Cruwear/Z-wear is a hard use steel, the Shaman is a hard use model, and Micarta is a hard use handle (think fixed blades). This is what the Shaman should have been from the start. I think the problem is sooo many people wanted one to use initially, that the hype brought in the flippers and investors since they saw the amount of demand. Now all of the people who want one to use are having to battle the flippers and investors. It is unfortunate, and likely won't be solved unless a production Micarta Shaman in Brown/PD-1, Cruwear/OD Green, or Z-wear/OD Green is released. And even then, it will likely take a few years of production batches before the demand is met.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Knifesafteydwight

Post by Knifesafteydwight »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:01 am
I can attest to this! My order automatically had it when I went to check out.
Puiu1

Post by Puiu1 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:34 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Puiu1 wrote:
Spyderman91 wrote:
Honestly....

Totally agree! I have nothing against knife collecting, or even "investing", but this is one that is meant to be used. Cruwear/Z-wear is a hard use steel, the Shaman is a hard use model, and Micarta is a hard use handle (think fixed blades). This is what the Shaman should have been from the start. I think the problem is sooo many people wanted one to use initially, that the hype brought in the flippers and investors since they saw the amount of demand. Now all of the people who want one to use are having to battle the flippers and investors. It is unfortunate, and likely won't be solved unless a production Micarta Shaman in Brown/PD-1, Cruwear/OD Green, or Z-wear/OD Green is released. And even then, it will likely take a few years of production batches before the demand is met.
Well it's appears they are trying to go that route with the PM2. The new cruwaer micarta paramilitary 2 is supposed to be a full production. I believe like you said demand for that particular knife will not be met for quite a while. But yea those who want to actually buy one of these sprint/exclusives to use will always have to battle flippers. And then the collectors willing to pay
Those premium secondary prices will always set the market at a high price point making it that much harder. The fact is the knives aren't worth 400 dollars if they were Spyderco wouldn't be selling them for 220 so it's hard for alot of us too pay those exorbitant prices. I'm not going to lie and say I haven't paid more than I should have for one of these Spydercos but it does get to a certain point where you just have to say no and go without.
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

I've wanted one of these for a daily user. I love my S30V Shaman and it takes a good beating but Cruwear/Z-Wear steel make it even better for hard-use.
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

So twice now, available at SFO: 1st time for 15 min. Next time for 9min.

Despite my dedication, we need to see SFO have in stock for 3 hours or longer. Otherwise, this is just a lottery!