Important Message, Re Pictures!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
beagleboy

Post by beagleboy »

Vincent wrote:There is a Comment.
Oh yeah, it says "941 BC1G". This is not really what I´m talking about.

So take out those pics, and that´s it.
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

I just checked out the gallery and I noticed that now, instead of removing pictures when asked to, Vincent has decided to just remove all the names from the gallery so now everything looks like it was shot by him. That's nice.

I asked that my name be put up next to my pictures, and it was, but now it seems as if Vincent is having a temper tantrum and decided to take my name, and every name, down.

So, let me go on record requesting that Vincent remove my pictures from of his gallery. He obviously can't handle the simple responsibility of being decent to fellow members of the knife community.

-Bryan
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Vinny, my friend, I gotta hand it to you. I've never seen anyone attract controversy like you. LOL :rolleyes:
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

I do not claim to own these Knives, not do I claim any picture or document is of my own work.

Ok, I fail to see how this has anything to do with first putting my name up next to my pictures and then taking it down. I also fail to see how this has anything to with removing everyone else's name from their pictures.

You don't claim to own these knives or claim that any picture or document is your own work, but you allow people to assume this by not giving credit.

-Bryan
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

No I say that they are not mine.

There is no assumption if i say they arent mine.
cheez

Post by cheez »

Vinny,

of course you can go on and post other people's pics. While it may not be legal to post those without permission, having them taken down will likely not be worth it for most of the folks here.

Still, you should ask yourself if that is the right thing to do. This is about integrety and honesty and most of all about being polite. You should let this rest for a day, rethink your actions, and figure out whether it's worth to upset everyone here. Who is gonna have a look at your gallery after all if you piss of the whole community? If you want to be a member of this *community* you should act a bit different.

Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I dont understand why anybody would be upset. Origionnaly I had the name of everybody next to all the pictures. People still complain.

I dont mind putting you names or user names next to the pictures. I am fine with that,

If you want that let me know.

If you dont want it then I dont know what to tell ya,
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

I think Keno makes a nice point.

Sure you can try to word it any way you like to technically make the gallery ok. What I'm talking about is making it ok with the people who's pictures you are using. We can argue back and forth about what is assumed and what is not assumed.

The point is, you were asked to take pictures down and you didn't.

You were asked to give credit and you didn't.

-Bryan
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

VultureParade wrote:I think Keno makes a nice point.

Sure you can try to word it any way you like to technically make the gallery ok. What I'm talking about is making it ok with the people who's pictures you are using. We can argue back and forth about what is assumed and what is not assumed.

The point is, you were asked to take pictures down and you didn't.

You were asked to give credit and you didn't.

-Bryan

I was asked to give credit and I did.

When you asked me to take them down, I just took the name off becosue its work for me to delete the gallerys.

I added your names again. If anybody has any problems, ask in Pm.
cheez

Post by cheez »

You dont seem to get it - you are asked to take them down, and you refuse to do so. This is how you are upsetting people.

I think the gallery is a good idea, but obviously it won't work AT THIS TIME.

I strongly suggest you give this a rest and think about it for 24 hrs before posting again. When I was in the army, we had to wait for 24hrs before filing a complaint. it was for a good reason.

think about it, do you really want to upset everyone here even more? want to give them one more reason to despise you? it would have been polite to ask permission *before* posting anyone's pics. since you didn't do that, the only thing you can do you is take them down if you are asked to. think about it.

24hrs.

Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

This thread has been closed by Spyderco.
There is nothing more important than this one day.