Reveal 7 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Reveal 7 Live!

Post by steelcity16 »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm

Hopefully this PM2 does well so we can have Cruwear production Para 3s, Manixes, etc in the future.

I have a feeling this will be "regular production" like the Maxamet PM2 was. Dealers get them in, sell out instantly, we all wait months for the next production batch, dealers get them, sell out instantly, rinse, repeat for a few years until demand decreases to the point where dealers can keep them in stock. I have no idea how many each production run is in pieces compared to a 1,200 piece Sprint, but I imagine there are at least 10K people out there who want to own this thing on day one.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bad news for Europeans: Blade HQ does NOT send overseas these days...(they just told me). :(
Don´t know about knife center yet.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Crucarta PM2, Phoenix Sprint & LC200N wharnie salt? Take my pay check.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I was expecting more SPY27 but I am super excited over the Howard Viele... not to mention all those serrated salts and the serrated K390 Delica. Great job Spyderco ! I hope more ffg serrated Delicas will follow. What about one in Cruwear ?!
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:25 am
Bad news for Europeans: Blade HQ does NOT send overseas these days...(they just told me). :(
Don´t know about knife center yet.
COVID has really delayed at lot of shipping and has caused many to get refunds for lost purchases and then the knives show up later. However, there are still many places that will ship to you. I always ask that they use DHL. It is pretty reliable, as long as the idiots at the local collection shop don't forget to send the package to DHL (ask me how I know!). With two knife stores, I simple wrote them a nice letter and asked them if they would let me buy a knife and send it to me, and they did.

Knifeworks has temporarily stopped such sales but Cutlery Shoppe still sells overseas. There are others.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The UKPK Salt and Pink Dragonfly with black blade and the K390 SS Stretch and the...well, there are a number of must haves in this Reveal.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Monty wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 pm
I was really hoping for a serrated Siren, might just send one off for veff serrations.

I hear you. I was hoping, too.

I respect Sal's decision out of loyalty to have his Japanese maker also make their Salt models currently made in H1 to also make them in LC200N. I assume Spyderco is sourcing LC200N from the same supplier, but there appears to be some sort of up charge for their Japanese maker to use LC200N.

For example, the LC200N Pac Salt 2 MAP price went up 24% whereas the American made LC200N Siren only went up 4%. The numbers don't lie. Sal is not going to raise prices indiscriminately so I would assume that during these trying times, it's something beyond his control but very real. This Japanese maker has done very well with H1 and VG-10 and may they continue to do so, however, given the Japanese LC200N price penalty and QC issues like with the LC200N Pac Salt 2, I would be interested in seeing more LC200N used in US or Taiwan models making the que. The UKPK Salt is absolutely on my list.
archangel

Post by archangel »

archangel wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:17 pm
I'm glad to see that the LilNature slippie will finally see the light. The Roadies in more cool colors are neat as well. More slipjoints, please!

The Phoenix sprint will be sold out in no time. What a cool design... Even if it'd cost $400, it will go fast!

Z-Max hopefully finds its way into a folder, too.

I think I'm gonna get me a mug for sure. :)

Phoenix is $450 MSRP :eek: $315 MAP. That is steep... but the knife will still go fast. A timeless piece...
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
bigboned

Post by bigboned »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:59 pm
Lastly, the new Roadie colors are awesome. Maybe we can thank Doc Dan for asking for more earth tones? ;)
As I looked through it, I was thinking to myself how so many of those knives were requested by members here on this forum. I'm sure we're a fraction of Spyderco's overall sales, but I think it's pretty cool that they clearly pay attention to what people are asking for. I've noticed it before, but this reveal feels like a Forum Reveal if you ask me!
Agreed this is deffo my fave reveal and it sure does feel like a forum reveal
now - will there be a para3 cru-carta to match?
Andy
Necker - Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
Mon-Fri - Delica4 in Cruwear
Sat-Sun - Para3 in Cruwear

Urban K390 (2.61"), Bow River (for slicing jerky)

Want to try- PM2 CF M4 OR Cruwear , GB2, Bradley Bowie
Gone - Delica ZDP189, PM2 Cruwear, Para3 LW BD1N, Para3 S30V, Junction, Ti UKPK
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Some of the predicted prices on Lamnia for what I'm interested - if they're gonna stay this way - are actually not too bad.
108EUR for UKPK Salt and 187EUR for Crucarta PM2

But I presume Crucarta PM2 will go up, because 187 is the current price for the basic G10/S30V PM2

331EUR for Viele Phoenix...

https://www.lamnia.com/en/coming-soon
archangel

Post by archangel »

bigboned wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:00 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:59 pm
Lastly, the new Roadie colors are awesome. Maybe we can thank Doc Dan for asking for more earth tones? ;)
As I looked through it, I was thinking to myself how so many of those knives were requested by members here on this forum. I'm sure we're a fraction of Spyderco's overall sales, but I think it's pretty cool that they clearly pay attention to what people are asking for. I've noticed it before, but this reveal feels like a Forum Reveal if you ask me!
Agreed this is deffo my fave reveal and it sure does feel like a forum reveal
now - will there be a para3 cru-carta to match?

If :spyder: make a Crucarta Millie, then they really should make a Crucarta Para 3 as well. I doubt it though. Sufficient availability of Cru-Wear and tooling costs of Micarta scales might both be factors that speak against it.

Feel free to correct me, Sal. ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 pm
Kick myself for getting rid of my original straight spine Stretch so I’m definitely in for one in K390!

Same here... I still like my Stretch 1s a bit more, so I thought I would not miss the SS Stretch 2 too much - but now I really do...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:13 am
Knifeworks has temporarily stopped such sales but Cutlery Shoppe still sells overseas. There are others.
Knifeworks resumed international shipping yesterday.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Great reveal!
I feel like I'm just piling on at this point, but I will go for it anyway.
Lots of stuff that I am really interested in. Not many new designs, but more different blade shapes/edges, and especially different steels. Totally my cup of tea.
Definitely in for a SSS in K390 and the UKPK in LC200N. Love the color of the UKPK. I also will grab the Mule if possible.
I am also excited about the Salt 2 and the various SE K390 options. Not sure which of those I will get, but all are interesting to me.
And the Crucarta PM2 will make many folks happy. I already have my fill of PM2s, and so will leave it for others. I am also happy to see that it is standard production, at a great price no less!
Excellent work, Spyderco team!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Salt UKPK is fantastic, Serrated k390 is excellent as well, also super happy about the k390 stretch!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Awesome selection there, loving the salts, im in for a few of those for sure
Nice pink and black dragonfly.
Great to see the UK guys get a lil native, its a fantastic knife, happy for you lads.
Great work Spyderco.

Just noticed the uk lil native has a lanyard hole, great feature, its the only thing the lil native was missing to make it pretty much the perfect small knife.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

https://youtu.be/0c_D_A4ho5Q
M@rk

Post by M@rk »

Very nice.

My favorite is the UKPK salt. That yellow, the black hardware and clip. 👍
but why not a black blade? 🤔

The Lil native Slipit is also very interesting.

Thanks from Germany
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

No doubt the brand new Regular Production Para 2 Cru-Carta is the biggest news Spyderco has pulled out in the last 5 years :D

I mean, finally a Para 2 you can actually get, yet not another one from the never ending Sprint & Exclusives queue only obtainable by the selected few who will never use it so it end up as a safe queen on some random shelf...

So yeah: this is Spyderco doing what they know best :spyder:

Now let’s see what Regular Production Cru-Carta comes next :cool:
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

LC Kid wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:30 pm
No doubt the brand new Regular Production Para 2 Cru-Carta is the biggest news Spyderco has pulled out in the last 5 years :D
No offense, but Spyderco has released dozens of interesting new designs in the last 5 years. To me, something like releasing the Native Chief after decades of development matters a lot more than giving the already-existing PM2 a trendy steel and handle material