Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by vivi »

defenestrate wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 am
The Bradley Bowie, Proficient and Chinook 4 prices seem either steep or uninspiring on Sierra's site but the Aqua Salt is at half of MSRP, which is pretty good IMO.

Guess I'll try Dack now that I see more good reports about them.
Where are you seeing half price Aqua Salts? I see them for $99 on sierra, whichis a good price, but not quite half price
:unicorn
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

vivi wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 am
defenestrate wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 am
The Bradley Bowie, Proficient and Chinook 4 prices seem either steep or uninspiring on Sierra's site but the Aqua Salt is at half of MSRP, which is pretty good IMO.

Guess I'll try Dack now that I see more good reports about them.
Where are you seeing half price Aqua Salts? I see them for $99 on sierra, whichis a good price, but not quite half price
Half off MSRP.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

My Caribbean arrived this morning from Dack.
That was a lot faster than the Sharpmaker.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

My Dack order arrived today, well packed and on time. The Spyderco items are drop shipped from their wholesaler. I’d say Dack are good to go, at least up until they are squashed for not adhering to MAP.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

Today only, free shipping on entire order with purchase of a gray Delica (or any of the other non-Spyderco “Dack’s Deals” items).

C11FPGY for $59 shipped:

https://dackoutdoors.com/product/spyder ... uct_detail

Other items that qualify entire order for free shipping:

https://dackoutdoors.com/product-tag/dack-deals

Their Spyderco inventory has been picked pretty thin but still some good below MAP deals there.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Ordered a flashlight and a Spyderco at Dack, got an email order confirmation last January 12, about 6 days ago. Upto now I still haven't received any shipping confirmation. Is this normal or should I be worried? I already sent an inquiry yesterday checking for my order status, still haven't heard from them. Although curiously I'm still receiving their promo emails.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Promo emails are probably auto generated, whereas a human would need to read your inquiry.

I haven't ordered from Dack, but I ordered something elsewhere that showed Pre-shipping on January 1st. I emailed them about a week ago asking why it hadn't shipped, they said it did ship but USPS is just missing scans. I think USPS is FUBAR right now, so I'd say give Dack until Tuesday/Wednesday to respond to your email (Monday is a holiday.) If they haven't responded by Wednesday maybe take action. I have heard that shipping from Dack can be slow.
abiggs

Post by abiggs »

nerdlock wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Ordered a flashlight and a Spyderco at Dack, got an email order confirmation last January 12, about 6 days ago. Upto now I still haven't received any shipping confirmation. Is this normal or should I be worried? I already sent an inquiry yesterday checking for my order status, still haven't heard from them. Although curiously I'm still receiving their promo emails.
Their shipping is just VERY slow. I ordered on 12/31, still waiting for delivery. I’m not worried, I’ll get the knives eventually. Just know when you order that it will be a while. They do tell you that they are averaging 14 business days to ship. If you just ordered something less than a week ago just be patient, your order will be filled.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Rp5 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 pm
Promo emails are probably auto generated, whereas a human would need to read your inquiry.

I haven't ordered from Dack, but I ordered something elsewhere that showed Pre-shipping on January 1st. I emailed them about a week ago asking why it hadn't shipped, they said it did ship but USPS is just missing scans. I think USPS is FUBAR right now, so I'd say give Dack until Tuesday/Wednesday to respond to your email (Monday is a holiday.) If they haven't responded by Wednesday maybe take action. I have heard that shipping from Dack can be slow.

abiggs wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:57 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Their shipping is just VERY slow. I ordered on 12/31, still waiting for delivery. I’m not worried, I’ll get the knives eventually. Just know when you order that it will be a while. They do tell you that they are averaging 14 business days to ship. If you just ordered something less than a week ago just be patient, your order will be filled.

Thank you for the replies, at least I am relieved. Yeah, I saw that their order fulfilment takes 14 days, but I just thought that maybe they could fulfill it earlier because it's already past the holidays lol. Anyway, I'm in no rush to receive my orders, they're not sprint or dealer exclusives that I have the need to scratch an itch about. :D
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

I ordered a Native S110V. The pictures on the listing were for the G-10 version, the sku was for the FRN. I got a shipping notice after a few days. Five days after placing the order it arrived via FedEx in a box 10 times larger than necessary. It's the FRN version. I'm happy with it and can't complain at all about the price.
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I'm placing an order for a Street Beat on Dack (thanks vivi).
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Well, shoot. No wonder there was an extreme delay...I ordered a Dragonfly Salt, only for them to email me back just now that there was a mis-coordination with their warehouse and that while it appeared as in-stock on their website, it was out of stock... Oh well, kinda disappointed since I don't have a Dfly salt yet, but shooting them an email to cancel the Dfly and proceed with the processing of the other orders. :(
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They had Glock mags for $20 with free shipping and no sales tax. I tried to add a Bow River but they were sold out. Oh well, I have a pile of mags inbound.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
vivi

Post by vivi »

TenGrainBread wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:13 pm
I'm placing an order for a Street Beat on Dack (thanks vivi).
You're not the only one ;)
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

At those prices, I ordered Beat and Bowie. Missed the Caribbean, I guess I should have bought a few days ago when it was in my cart.
vivi

Post by vivi »

theres an ayoob and ulize on arizona custom knives for the high rollers among us :p

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/kni ... ntly_added
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Spyderco Q-Ball available at Amazon for $99.95, sold by Photos4less...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q ... d_wg=Z8Mqi
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

vivi wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:30 am
theres an ayoob and ulize on arizona custom knives for the high rollers among us :p

There's also a Lil Temperance 3 on there for a good price.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
vivi

Post by vivi »

StuntZombie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 pm
vivi wrote:

I noticed that. Almost impulse bought it - I liked the original. Just don't see myself carrying that small of a folder often.

Also noticed Dacks prices went up $5-10 across the board. Prices are still lower than most, but I'm glad I ordered when I did.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

vivi wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:39 pm
StuntZombie wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 pm
vivi wrote:

I noticed that. Almost impulse bought it - I liked the original. Just don't see myself carrying that small of a folder often.

Also noticed Dacks prices went up $5-10 across the board. Prices are still lower than most, but I'm glad I ordered when I did.
I noticed that one aswell. Sweet price.

I purchased one a while back and found it to be surprisingly nice. A bit larger(not in a bad way) than I expected. Ended up being like a Mini Caribbean.

Also, the grip change index is in the perfect spot.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson