2021 Spyderco Product Guide Live

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kobold

Re: 2021 Spyderco Product Guide Live

Post by kobold »

I wish there are more Native Chief choices, mainly because I don't like black G10 :)
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:25 pm
PStone wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:43 pm
It's interesting that the Wolfspyder isn't represented in the catalog. It wasn't in the 2020 catalog either. I cant remember ever seeing it on a discontinued list, so I wonder why it's not in the catalog?
It was never regular production. Was a dealer exclusive through Ray MEARS’ website. But then Spyderco agreed to sell them from the SFO too. That’s how I got my 2. I also saw in a recent YouTube video that at e SFO they are only $140ish vs $189 online. I would buy a third for that price. Close to retiring my first.
I thought being a dealer exclusive could be why it wasn't in the catalog too but the Abel Reels Native 5's are also dealer exclusives and those are featured in both 2020 and 2021 catalogs.

The Wolfspyder has previously appeared in the catalog from 2016 to 2019 but was omitted in 2020 and now 2021.
Well heck. You’re absolutely right. I didn’t even think of the Abel Native. Maybe the Wolfspyder was pulled from the catalog to quietly discontinue it. And the chance to get another Wolfspyder may be short.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

kobold wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 am
I wish there are more Native Chief choices, mainly because I don't like black G10 :)
The good news is that scales are easily swapped. It'll cost you another $100 though.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Blnd

Post by Blnd »

VG-10 and K390 as production steels for the Dragonfly for the foreseeable future? It kind of feels like the forgotten cousin of the other Seki-city knives.

Sad times. Do sales numbers not warrant more (steel) variety?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Best layout yet IMHO. Thank you!
kobold

Post by kobold »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am
kobold wrote:
The good news is that scales are easily swapped. It'll cost you another $100 though.
linky?

I failed to find any.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

kobold wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:14 pm
kennethsime wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am
kobold wrote:
linky?

I failed to find any.
Perhaps I spoke too quickly - a quick google search doesn't turn anything up. I've become so accustomed to having replacement scales just a google search away for the more popular models. My apologies!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Rex45 sprint run, you are my only hope. :-)
MotoBro

Post by MotoBro »

Does anyone know when the new Para 3s & PM2s with S45VN will be shipped out to dealers?
kobold

Post by kobold »

In the product guide the Military Model Camo Black Blade is C36GPCMOBK, but searching spyderco.com returns only C36GCMOBK. Are these the same and is there just a typo in the product guide or is this a new version? What is "P" for?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

kobold wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 am
In the product guide the Military Model Camo Black Blade is C36GPCMOBK, but searching spyderco.com returns only C36GCMOBK. Are these the same and is there just a typo in the product guide or is this a new version? What is "P" for?
Hi, kobold:
The "P" is for PlainEdge. We use model numbers and SKU numbers. The model is the base number. Some of our models are offered in multiple edge configurations (P - PlainEdge, PS - CombinationEdge, S - SpyderEdge). When we add the edge configuration to a model, that makes the complete SKU.

So, in your example, the C36GCMOBK is the model number for the Military Model with Digital Camo G-10 and a black blade. The SKU is C36GPCMOBK designating the PlainEdge. If you add it to your cart, you'll see the full SKU with the "P."

If you look at the C10BK Endura 4, you'll see there are three SKUs because we offer that Model in three edge configurations.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
kobold

Post by kobold »

Thank you Kristi! :-)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Looking good!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Blnd wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:41 pm
VG-10 and K390 as production steels for the Dragonfly for the foreseeable future? It kind of feels like the forgotten cousin of the other Seki-city knives.

Sad times. Do sales numbers not warrant more (steel) variety?
H1 too, but hoping this next reveal has a shiny new LC200N version.
JMM

Post by JMM »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 am
Hey, everyone:
We're proud to release the 2021 Spyderco Product Guide. Visit, https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/ to request a hardcopy and view a PDF file.

You'll find pricing information along with the PDF file. Just click the menu button, and select Files.

Enjoy! We appreciate your continued interest and support!

Kristi
Hi Kristi, I apologize if this should be directed somewhere else but I have a quick question...

The 2021 Product Guide shows the Paysan, and I have been looking for one without success for nearly a year, do you have any idea when more will become available? Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

John
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

JMM wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:08 pm
Hi Kristi, I apologize if this should be directed somewhere else but I have a quick question...

The 2021 Product Guide shows the Paysan, and I have been looking for one without success for nearly a year, do you have any idea when more will become available? Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

John
Hi, John:
I'm sorry for the challenge in finding a Paysan. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA at this time. It is still in production as a regular item. We, like many others, have experienced some delays over the past year due to COVID. Hang in there!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JMM

Post by JMM »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:55 am
JMM wrote:

Cheers,

John
Hi, John:
I'm sorry for the challenge in finding a Paysan. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA at this time. It is still in production as a regular item. We, like many others, have experienced some delays over the past year due to COVID. Hang in there!

Kristi
OK, sweet, I'm completely cool with waiting knowing that it really is "still in production as a regular item."

Thanks for getting back to me!

Cheers,

John
normal

Post by normal »

JMM wrote:
TazKristi wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 am
Hey, everyone:
We're proud to release the 2021 Spyderco Product Guide. Visit, https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/ to request a hardcopy and view a PDF file.

You'll find pricing information along with the PDF file. Just click the menu button, and select Files.

Enjoy! We appreciate your continued interest and support!

Kristi

Cheers,

John
I am waiting on this one too. It gets hard to keep from spending the cash I have set aside for it on other knives while I am waiting. Hopefully it will be soon. I saw some Drunkens dropped recently so hopefully the Paysan is next.
razehound

Post by razehound »

MotoBro wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 am
Does anyone know when the new Para 3s & PM2s with S45VN will be shipped out to dealers?
+1 wondering. Kind of planning out what to do with my pm2's and would like to know when I would even be able to get a S45VN DLC.
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
JMM

Post by JMM »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:55 am
JMM wrote:

Cheers,

John
Hi, John:

Kristi
Hey Kristi, not to be a pest... but I'm gonna bump this thread...

Do you by any chance have any updated info from January? I've still got a standing order at three shops and have been nagging a half dozen others every month or two, what's the good news on Paysan availability? TIA!

Cheers,

John