NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by MacLaren »

Lol.....thats crazy :D
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah don't leave the voting up to the internet lol i read a bunch of trolls voted for him as a joke
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Thats kind of what I expected. I would have voted for him too! LOL :D
-Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well it was made public about a week ago to my surprise that the TEXANS did not want Eric Bieniemy as their head coach :confused: >> that's a really confusing thing to me because I thought the two would be a near perfect fit.

But now that Doug Pederson has been shown the door I'm thinking that might be a great landing spot for Eric. Of course it would be perfect in my own world for Eric to stay with the Chiefs until Andy Reid retires>> but now that Andy has a Premier Quarterback it wouldn't surprise me to see Andy on the Chief's sideline for another 4 to 6 years. Who wouldn't want that scenario?

But if the Eagles are smart then Eric Bieniemy might just be the best thing that happened to them since Dick Vermeil was their head coach. Oh sure I know already that the rest of you guys are going to fervently disagree with me. But Eric could work with Wentz or Hurts or whoever. He is a "player friendly" type of guy which is why he's done so well here in KC.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

The Philadelphia Eagles to hire Chip Kelly.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lol
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 am
Lol
I know, right? :o
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

What really irritates me about the Eagles firing of Pederson is that all the problems with that organization was more the fault of Jeff Lurie than it was with Pederson. First and foremost when they picked Wentz over "SUPERBOWL WINNER" Nick Foles
for their QB of the future :rolleyes: that was the beginning of the Empire eroding.

While Dick Vermeil was the head coach here in KC for the Chiefs from 2001-2006 or thereabout he was constantly talking on sports shows how inept of an owner that Jeff Lurie was and how impossible it was to work for him while he was the Eagles head coach :(

First off just look at the sterling success Andy Reid has had here in KC compared to what he was able to get done in Phillie. There really isn't a lot of comparison when you look at the big picture. Just looking at the Eagle's organization for the past 20 years should tell you all the story. From winning the Superbowl with a great QB to where they are now ( over the Patriots no less :rolleyes: )>> and we're only talking 3 years ago for crying out loud :mad:
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Do you think the players didn't want Pederson back? When we talk of teams tanking, this is really the work of the owner (not allocating payroll) and the GM (trading away valuable assets). From the description of the final Eagles game of the year, the coach threw in the towel and handed the victory to Washington. Usually the coach and players are in lock step with one another; they are trying to win each and every game regardless of the actions of the owner and GM. When players and the coach diverge enough, we say the coach "lost the locker room". Coaches make bad decisions all the time (see the post-game comments about the Seahawks loss), but these aren't made to help the other team win. Pederson, it seems, knowingly and willingly made decisions to help the other team win. As a player, how do you get behind that decision?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think the Eagles organization knew that Pederson lost the team in that last game of the regular season. Players were HOT about that decision, and I bet there were some relationships that couldn't be mended from that decision.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

BULLETIN!! On KC Sports radio they are saying and claiming that Doug Pederson may be on his way to work for Andy Reid and the Chiefs :eek: I"m telling you folks it's getting really strange in the NFL these days if there is even one ounce of truth to that rumor.

I'm calling it a rumor because no one is actually confirming it at this time. But more often than not this radio station gets them right a lot more than they get them wrong. Unbelievable.

Also from another source we might see Mitchell Schwartz again in the Post Season. I heard that at lunch time from a friend of mine. I think I hear that "Twilight Zone" theme music in the background playing :D :rolleyes:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm
I think the Eagles organization knew that Pederson lost the team in that last game of the regular season. Players were HOT about that decision, and I bet there were some relationships that couldn't be mended from that decision.
The NFC East most definitely has the weirdest array of "OWNERS" :eek: Because between Jerry Jones, Jeff Lurie and our wonderful, lovable Daniel Snyder :eek: . That is scary folks because I truly would not want to be in the same room with all 3 of those guys :D
And I think it's also fair to say that the NY Giants are a Peyton Place of their own as well. The NFC East folks!! It doesn't get any better in the NFL :rolleyes: No fiction writer would touch this with a 100 foot pole :rolleyes:
Last edited by JD Spydo on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
The NFC East most definitely has the weirdest array of "OWNERS" :eek: Because between Jerry Jones, Jeff Lurie and our wonderful, lovable Daniel Snyder. That is scary folks because I truly would not want to be in the same room with all 3 of those guys :D
And I think it's also fair to say that the NY Giants are a Peyton Place of their own as well. No fiction writer would touch this with a 100 foot pole :rolleyes:
Hahah, you're not kidding Joe. NFC East owners could have their own tv show throughout the season. I will say, though the Giants didn't have a great year they did finish the season a much better, and more confident team than when the season started. The benefits of the Beckham trade a couple years ago were starting to show. Now if the offense could EVER get healthy, there's some promise there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
+1
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
The NFC East most definitely has the weirdest array of "OWNERS" :eek: Because between Jerry Jones, Jeff Lurie and our wonderful, lovable Daniel Snyder. That is scary folks because I truly would not want to be in the same room with all 3 of those guys :D
And I think it's also fair to say that the NY Giants are a Peyton Place of their own as well. No fiction writer would touch this with a 100 foot pole :rolleyes:
Hahah, you're not kidding Joe. NFC East owners could have their own tv show throughout the season. I will say, though the Giants didn't have a great year they did finish the season a much better, and more confident team than when the season started. The benefits of the Beckham trade a couple years ago were starting to show. Now if the offense could EVER get healthy, there's some promise there.
Hehehehe.....
Rick, can you imagine that show hosted by Steve Harvey and Terry Bradshaw :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I just heard a most interesting show about Ol' Bill this morning ( Bill Belichick). Two guys that are here on local Sports Radio on WHB in the mornings were comparing Ol' Bill to Andy Reid and some other long time coaches.

There were a lot of most interesting facts about Ol' Bill that I never was aware of. Without Tom Brady his lifetime winning percentage is only 41%. He was literally run out of town after an abysmal tenure as the Cleveland Browns HC ( so they say :confused: ). I never really paid much attention to him until him and Lord Brady became a team.

It appears that Ol' Bill really fought hard on his road his to success and it wasn't an easy road for him by any means. To hear all the sports journalists talk about him today you would never know that side to him. It would take me 2 pages to repeat most of the points about Ol' Bill that those guys discussed on that show. But I was really surprised at how low his numbers were without Lord Brady at the helm .

And according to that show Ol' Bill even admits that he owes most of his success to his mentor Bill Parcells. It was a most interesting conversation and I wish you all could have listened to it.
Last edited by JD Spydo on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

:rolleyes: Heard it all before.

Nothing they say is going to erase the past two decades. When you combine the greatest coach of all time with the greatest QB of all time, you run the league for 20 straight years. :D
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 am
:rolleyes: Heard it all before.

Nothing they say is going to erase the past two decades. When you combine the greatest coach of all time with the greatest QB of all time, you run the league for 20 straight years. :D
But that's not what they said>> they said that before he hooked up with Lord Brady that his coaching statistics were well below 50%. They listed about a dozen NFL coaches who had much better overall numbers than he had. I seriously doubt if those guys made all of that up.
They also noted that Andy Reid's winning percentage throughout his entire career was about 62%>> and that's including some of those bad years in Phillie and the first two years here in KC.
My point is that I never would have guessed that to be true.
And just look at his results this first year without Lord Brady. It is very strange when you look at the whole picture.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Give it more than 1 season to adjust lol
Spydergirl88