Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Post by Mushroom »

Just saw Rivers Edge Cutlery announced this via their Instagram.

Via Rivers Edge Cutlery Instagram - "Well, we guess the cat is out of the bag, so here is the OFFICIAL announcement.

We have only a portion of the run of our Exclusive Lil Native from Spyderco that will be to us soon. We had sent an email to the people who’s order we had to cancel for the RECPM2 oversell back in August giving them first dibs on these as an apology. This info was not meant to be public just yet , because we are getting so few. Anyways , Keep an eye out as we will be selling what’s left after the people on the cancellation list have been taken care of."

Via Rivers Edge Cutlery's Website - https://riversedgecutlery.com/products/ ... d-g10.html

This is a larger run, but will be disbursed in small batches. Coming soon... Be sure to subscribe to be notified when available! Strict limit of one per person, per household. Orders will be canceled for people violating this rule. Good Luck!

This unique expression of the Lil' Native was specially manufactured for River's Edge Cutlery. The blade of this elite knife is crafted from CTS® 204P, a state-of-the-art powder-metallurgy stainless steel that offers a remarkable combination of wear resistance, toughness, and corrosion resistance. Full-flat ground for superior edge geometry, the PlainEdge™ blade also features a durable flat dark earth PVD (physical vapor deposition) coating that reduces its reflectivity and gives it a no-nonsense tactical appearance.

To complement its distinctive blade finish, the knife's handle proudly showcases olive drab-colored G-10 scales, black-coated hardware, and a black-coated wire pocket clip that supports left or right-side, tip-up carry. The scales have a peel-ply texture to help ensure a secure grip and are precision machined to accept the nested stainless steel liners that form the foundation of the knife's high-strength Compression Lock® mechanism.

One of the most extraordinary expressions of the Lil' Native design ever created, this Exclusive knife is destined to become a highly prized collector's item.

Last edited by Mushroom on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Nick :bug-red
TenGrainBread

Re: Lil Native Exclusive - Rivers Edge Cutlery

Post by TenGrainBread »

Is it available in backlock?

Just kidding. I know the answer to that already -_-
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Nice! This one will be hard to get :(
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

My reaction: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I absolutely love this!!! It looks amazing with the black hardware. I need one of these! I'll be watching this like a hawk, hoping there will be some left.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

They sent me an email saying I can forfeit my spot to reserve one of the rec pm2s from the next batch for one of these.

I dont know what Ill do. The lil native doesnt really do it for me, but I dont need another pm2 either.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

So I was one of the folks that got this email. Can't decide on this one. I love this combo, and it looks awesome. But I just don't carry my little native much anymore. I think I'll just wait for the pm2 to eventually come back.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Is it the same configuration as the PVD-coated models?
I can't view the posted image.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 pm
Yes. Tan 204p blade, od green g10, black hardware.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

that's hot
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Meat man wrote:
Yep, same as the others. Olive Drab G10 scales with Flat Dark Earth PVD Coating and black hardware.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got the PM2, and honestly...once I had it in hand, I was pretty unimpressed with it. The different color steel/hardware/scales gave it a pretty busy and uneven look to the eye. Also, that PVD coating almost looks like a rose/pinkish color. I was excited for it, but once I had it in hand I felt like "oh, that's it?" Weighed my options and decided to keep my S30V DLC PM2 with with the OD scales. Looked more uniform to me.

I knew it wouldn't be for me and actually traded it to a friend of mine at work for a kayak haha.
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

double post
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I confess to not understanding today's cutlery market, what with all the "stunt" releases these days. Numbers so small that you leave the over-whelming majority of your customers unhappy that they could not spend their money with you.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:39 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Yep, same as the others. Olive Drab G10 scales with Flat Dark Earth PVD Coating and black hardware.
Thanks.
Hope those that want them can get them. I don't think I'll be buying one.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Got the email and I'm waiting on the PM2. I'm not really a huge fan of the Lil Native. Too bad it wasn't a Military or Endela/Endura/Delica.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I think I would prefer the REC configuration in a PM2 over Lil’Native. Haven’t had a PM2 in a good while, so not sure I would like it enough to keep it, but just that one would be super easy to flip even in these parts of the world.

The Rex 45 lil’native was my first try at lil’natives, and I’m really not sure what I think about it. I like it, but I almost never carry it. I think it’s the lock. I might give another go with a back lock some day. If Spyderco could just find the time to release all those LC200N blandes that got stuck in glass, and find some handles for them..
Henry_P

Post by Henry_P »

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone know if REC will be making more para 3’s or are they only making another batch of PM2’s?
Para 3 Maxamet | Para 3 CruWear DLC | Smock M4 Jade G-10 | Shaman Z-Wear Micarta | Salt 2 LC200N Wharnie | Chaparral Birdseye Maple | Lil’ Native S90V CF | Dragonfly 2 20CV | Ladybug K390 | CRK Small Sebenza 31 S45VN PJ
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

As far as I know, only the PM2 is an “unlimited” limited
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

One of my favourite steels.
And not in backlock.
Again :(
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

I opted to switch my PM2 spot for this, because I give up on the CF/S90V coming any time soon. I’m thankful REC is doing any of this and they will always have my business.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”