Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Crazy Good Deals Part 2!!

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 am
Amazon has the Opus for $120 and Q Ball for $100 available. :)

I see neither in stock. Weird.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

It ships from Amazon so you have some protection, but I would verify the authenticity of these knives. I also live in the photography world and have seen this seller(photos4less) mentioned more than a few times as selling grey market Canon cameras as new.
Last edited by eRoc on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

double post
Monty

Post by Monty »

Does any dealer still have stock of the yellow pac salt 1 with serrations?
vivi

Post by vivi »

:unicorn
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I think for the sake of the thread, we should avoid posting ebay auctions. Buy it now listings are one thing but actual auctions are not guaranteed to sell for the price posted. Also, it is hard to verify if the user posting the link is not the seller on ebay. (Not blaming you for this, I'm saying it's a possibility)
-Nick :bug-red
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Dvor has lots of knives on sale again, including several Spydercos. Just a taste: Spyopera for 139.99, Caribbean SE SF 145.00.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:37 am
I think for the sake of the thread, we should avoid posting ebay auctions. Buy it now listings are one thing but actual auctions are not guaranteed to sell for the price posted. Also, it is hard to verify if the user posting the link is not the seller on ebay. (Not blaming you for this, I'm saying it's a possibility)
I usually only share buy it now links but this was the only se yellow pac1 I came across when I looked. Saw a PE one at knifeworks I think it was.

I do buy and sell on ebay but I don't link my account on any forums, including this one.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 am
Dvor has lots of knives on sale again, including several Spydercos. Just a taste: Spyopera for 139.99, Caribbean SE SF 145.00.
I'd steer clear of Dvor (OpticsPlanet). I was on here a few weeks back singing the praises of their "deals," but after getting burned on a Military I ordered that turned out to be an obviously FAKE (and used-looking) PM2 clone, I'm done with them. I'm sure it wasn't intentional on their part (likely some idiot returning a fake), but dealing with them to get a refund while trying to express to them that they sent me a fake Spyderco has been a hassle and I have little faith that the counterfeit won't be placed right back into their sales rotation for some other unlucky b@stard to scoop up.. and this just the latest in a list of interactions with them that have rubbed me the wrong way over the years. I suppose your experiences may be different, but I'm done with them.. buyer beware, as they say.. :o
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
ChopSliceStab

Post by ChopSliceStab »

OpticsPlanet's CS has taken a very sharp turn for the worse since this whole pandemic thing kicked off. They were always slow to fulfill/ship and to respond to emails, but at this point you're lucky if they reply at all.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I checked them out but quickly left.

I didn't see a way to sort knives by price etc.

I didn't see a way to browse specific brands.

I have to sign up to see their prices.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I've had good luck with them so far in sales & support. Being part of Optics Planet makes them a second tier vendor, IMO. Patience is a key with them as they do not meet the instant gratification standards of 21 century online shopping. In all things YMMV & Caveat Emptor.
The requirement to join allows them to sell below MAP for many vendors. No free lunch and all that...
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Has anybody received their knives from that gandrtactical site yet? I've got a Delica and Endela that still haven't arrived, and no tracking updates since the 7th (two separate orders)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

Tkok83Spy I have received both of my orders from gandrtactical
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:20 pm
Has anybody received their knives from that gandrtactical site yet? I've got a Delica and Endela that still haven't arrived, and no tracking updates since the 7th (two separate orders)
Weird. I had quick shipping and good tracking info from them. Shipping this month is also all jacked up, so hard to say. I'd contact them.
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I gotmy Pacific Salt SE a while ago. Their shipping speed was as fast as I usually get, 3-5 days.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Does it say they're at a processing center or never made it to the shipper?
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:35 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 am
I'd steer clear of Dvor (OpticsPlanet). I was on here a few weeks back singing the praises of their "deals," but after getting burned on a Military I ordered that turned out to be an obviously FAKE (and used-looking) PM2 clone, I'm done with them. I'm sure it wasn't intentional on their part (likely some idiot returning a fake), but dealing with them to get a refund while trying to express to them that they sent me a fake Spyderco has been a hassle and I have little faith that the counterfeit won't be placed right back into their sales rotation for some other unlucky b@stard to scoop up.. and this just the latest in a list of interactions with them that have rubbed me the wrong way over the years. I suppose your experiences may be different, but I'm done with them.. buyer beware, as they say.. :o
I’m glad I saw this post- I’ve been thinking of placing an order with them but had some reservations. I think I’ll stick to some of my other sources. Thanks.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
araneae

Post by araneae »

Can we stick with deals please? If you've got dealer specific issues, or a specific knife you're looking for, it would serve everyone best if that was a dedicated post.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal