Factory Seconds Shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Factory Seconds Shipping

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:00 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:53 pm
I received an order confirmation for my first order yesterday. From the info provided it should be shipping via UPS. No additional email from UPS with the actual tracking info though.

I received an order confirmation for my second order but no shipping confirmation from Spyderco on that one yet

I have received UPS tracking emails on both shipments. I got one yesterday one today. Neither of them appear to be in possession of UPS though as they are both on "label created" status. I'm not too worried about it. Sooner than I expected to be honest.

UPDATE: UPS is in possession of both packages and they are scheduled to be delivered (to NC) on Friday. Pretty quick shipping given they had thousands of orders and aren't really a high volume retail website. In contrast, there are still some things I ordered from various large retailers on black friday that haven't even shipped yet and were in stock at the time of order. A+ to Spyderco's shipping team!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Thursday morning purchase shipped Monday. Thursday afternoon purchase ships today. Waiting on Friday purchase.

I have tracking numbers for the first two, probably check them in a few days.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Got both mine along with tracking numbers, scheduled to arrive to me on Friday.
Spydeeman

Post by Spydeeman »

Received tracking on the 6th for my order placed on the 3rd. Should be here (CA) tomorrow!
Matt13

Post by Matt13 »

Anyone order internationally? I got the shipping email (no tracking) on Sunday and the charge is on my card, just waiting the tracking information!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

All knives purchased at 3:15 PM on Thursday. Got the shipping tracking number Sunday night. Says package expected on Mon. 14. Marked as shipped 8:30 last night (Monday) in Colorado. At 3 PM this afternoon, it is said to be "In transit" in Kansas City, KS (which, I swear is just a generic location they give). At that rate, it should get to me here in Southwest Virginia pretty early. I'm thinking probably Thursday or Friday, or tomorrow if I'm really lucky.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I got my UPS shipping notice as well. Fantastic job Spyderco!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

cody6268 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:52 pm
All knives purchased at 3:15 PM on Thursday. Got the shipping tracking number Sunday night. Says package expected on Mon. 14. Marked as shipped 8:30 last night (Monday) in Colorado. At 3 PM this afternoon, it is said to be "In transit" in Kansas City, KS (which, I swear is just a generic location they give). At that rate, it should get to me here in Southwest Virginia pretty early. I'm thinking probably Thursday or Friday, or tomorrow if I'm really lucky.
Wish mine were in KC... they'd be with me. Mine show label created Sunday afternoon, Shipped Monday night Commerce City CO, today at 11am... in transit at Commerce City CO. So maybe it took half a day to go from one side of the building to the other? :D

It reports expected delivery tomorrow, but we'll see about that.
prog_knife

Post by prog_knife »

My order (placed Friday) shipped this evening, via UPS. Pretty quick turnaround under the circumstances, I'd say.
-Evan
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

Got my tracking # today, should be here Friday. :D
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Spydeeman,

Welcome to our forum.

Hi Matt,

I'd like to welcome you as well, but I think I might have done that on another thread. They don't make memory like they used to.

sal
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Matt13 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:37 pm
Anyone order internationally? I got the shipping email (no tracking) on Sunday and the charge is on my card, just waiting the tracking information!
Yes. Shipping notification came on Monday. No tracking yet.

I’m not worried, it’ll get here when it gets here. :)
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 am
Matt13 wrote:

Hi Cambertree, how long does an order usually get down there from the US?
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:35 am
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 am
Matt13 wrote:

Hi Cambertree, how long does an order usually get down there from the US?
Hi Nerdlock,

In normal times it takes about a week and a half to two weeks for USPS mail to get to this part of southern Australia.

It can vary between just over a week, to three weeks, depending on the part of the US the parcel came from, whether the parcel is routed through Customs for inspection etc.

This year, using some of the expedited services like DHL and UPS has been expensive, but surprisingly quick - sometimes less than a week in transit.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Just got my first shipment in the mail!
:unicorn
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Both my shipments just got upgraded and are in Louisville! They originally said Friday but looks like I might get them tomorrow. I'm psyched!
flmosinman124

Post by flmosinman124 »

New user here, four of my orders are scheduled for delivery tomorrow and my Shaman Rex45 is coming Saturday. Super excited!
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

Cscottsss wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:55 pm
Both my shipments just got upgraded and are in Louisville! They originally said Friday but looks like I might get them tomorrow. I'm psyched!
Same here. Usually, however, they have to go to Charleston, WV after that before they go to Princeton, WV (our local "hub") to be delivered where I am in VA. So for me, it could be as early as tomorrow, or Friday.
Last edited by cody6268 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:21 am

Hi Nerdlock,

In normal times it takes about a week and a half to two weeks for USPS mail to get to this part of southern Australia.

It can vary between just over a week, to three weeks, depending on the part of the US the parcel came from, whether the parcel is routed through Customs for inspection etc.

This year, using some of the expedited services like DHL and UPS has been expensive, but surprisingly quick - sometimes less than a week in transit.
Wow, that is good service. I can rarely expect to get shipments in country from the West Coast to East Coast in that time frame. And I am not in a rural area.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Rp5 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:34 pm
cody6268 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:52 pm
Wish mine were in KC... they'd be with me. Mine show label created Sunday afternoon, Shipped Monday night Commerce City CO, today at 11am... in transit at Commerce City CO. So maybe it took half a day to go from one side of the building to the other? :D

It reports expected delivery tomorrow, but we'll see about that.
Gotta eat crow on this one... got my big ol' Spyderco box today. Psyched.