Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Post by Wartstein »

James Y wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 am
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 am
StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm
May I ask: What do you mean by that? I don´t understand (might be my lack in English)
Warstein,

If I’m not mistaken, the ‘barrel bolt’ he’s referring to is the way the clip is affixed to the handle. The Delica 3, Endura 3, Pacific Salt 1, Salt 1, Atlantic Salt, etc., used the barrel bolt with the single large screw, instead of the three torx screws, to hold the clip in place.

Jim
StuntZombie wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 am
StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm
The Atlantic Salt uses a handle similar to the Gen 3 Endura. That one used a single barrel bolt to attach the clip, rather than the current four position, three screw clip....
Thanks, folks! :)

Actually I do have that single barrel bolt on my Pac Salt 1 anyway, but did not know this english term for it :o
Functionwise it is on par with the new three screw clip for me. No preference here (since I never carry a knife tip down, I don´t need that feature only offered by the latter).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Unadan

Post by Unadan »

Ordered the SE. Anyone have stock of the PE version currently?
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

z4vdBt wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:08 pm
Great looking blades! What method did you use to regrind the tips? I’m wanting to do that mod to my PE model.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Those look incredible!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

https://www.edgeworksonline.com/product/c91fsgr2/

In stock. Phoned and asked, knives in store and ready to go.

Knifeworks has them in stock too.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I've not actually seen one of these, but from the pictures, the color is pretty great. I gotta have one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Mine arrived yesterday. Luckily(?) I haven't received any availability notifications from European stores yet, so at least my foolish spending on extra shipping and import fees bought me a few days, and maybe even more

There's a lot to like here. For me though, the color is not one of those things. I do find the salty yellow to be a very practical color, but still, the color is probably the least important attribute for a tool, so it's not going to bother me.
Beside the color, the only other "flaw" I can kind of foresee from my first impression with this knife, is that it might make a few of my other knives redundant.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Well this is frustrating.

Got my first SE FFG Spyderco today, but I think I'll be mailing it right back to Golden.

Opened it up and checked it out. Everything felt crisp, opening was smooth, and this might be the sharpest serrated edge I've ever felt. I need to step up my sharpening!

But, then I checked it for play. Hands down the worst side to side play of any knife I've ever bought, period. Also, more vertical play than any of my Pacific Salts, including my first run Pacific Salt 1 I've beat on for over a decade.

Vertical play I can live with, but I know Pacific Salts shouldn't have significant side to side play. So out comes the torx set.

Uh oh. If I tighten it to the point there's no play, the blade can't move. If I tighten it down enough to double the force required to open it, tons of play. If I tighten it as tight as I can while keeping the opening feeling smooth like my PE LC200N Pacific, its incredibly sloppy feeling.

Shame. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to put one of these through the ringer. Bad timing too, because tomorrow I was going to help a friend do some remodeling.
:unicorn
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

You can add phosphor bronze washers to remove the side to side play. I also had hellacious side to side play and fixed it with some washers I pulled out of my parts bin and they work a treat. I believe they are 0.010 but did not measure beforehand, I can check later in the week.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Got my first SE FFG Spyderco today, but I think I'll be mailing it right back to Golden.
Sorry for you, that´s disappointing indeed!

Did you see this thread? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88166 - seems like that unfortunately you´re not the only one experiencing such issues.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

vivi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Opened it up and checked it out. Everything felt crisp, opening was smooth, and this might be the sharpest serrated edge I've ever felt. I need to step up my sharpening!

But, then I checked it for play. Hands down the worst side to side play of any knife I've ever bought, period. Also, more vertical play than any of my Pacific Salts, including my first run Pacific Salt 1 I've beat on for over a decade.

Vertical play I can live with, but I know Pacific Salts shouldn't have significant side to side play. So out comes the torx set.

Uh oh. If I tighten it to the point there's no play, the blade can't move. If I tighten it down enough to double the force required to open it, tons of play. If I tighten it as tight as I can while keeping the opening feeling smooth like my PE LC200N Pacific, its incredibly sloppy feeling.

Shame. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to put one of these through the ringer. Bad timing too, because tomorrow I was going to help a friend do some remodeling.
To a lesser degree, the same with mine. Was able to adjust the side to side play out, but to flick the blade down on my forefinger requires more than a little extra wrist. Then there is also the Seki vertical lock rock. I suppose it's inherently susceptible by design. Really makes me want a Serrated Siren. Still there is a lot to appreciate about the knife. The light weight, the thinness of the stock as compared to a Caribbean, and the FFG and grind of the serrations is impeccable. Possibly the sharpest of any serrated blade I own so I kept it. With the beginning of the upcoming surf fishing season, I really plan on putting it through its paces.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Sorry to hear about the blade play. I would send it back too. That said, the edge does look wicked.
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Hope they are correcting this issues before they release the Salt 2...
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your vivi. I know you've been looking forward to one of the for a while.

If you weren't returning it I'd say crack it open and see what might be out of spec on it. I'm curious if it's the lock cut out on the blade or the lockbar.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
vivi

Post by vivi »

StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:03 pm
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your vivi. I know you've been looking forward to one of the for a while.

If you weren't returning it I'd say crack it open and see what might be out of spec on it. I'm curious if it's the lock cut out on the blade or the lockbar.
You know I may do that. Something is definitely wrong in the pivot area.

Here is the pivot on my PE swapped into a black handle:

Here is the SE with the pivot fully tightened so the blade doesn't even move:

Huge gap no matter how tight the pivot is.

Since they're easy to take apart I'm gonna pop it open and have a look.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I had been eagerly anticipating getting one of these, probably sometime next year. But now, I’m content to wait even longer to see if the QC on this model improves. Otherwise, I’m fine not getting one. I don’t buy many knives anymore, anyway.

Jim
vivi

Post by vivi »

Well everything looks normal inside

I'll edit this post after I put it back together and can check out the action.

edit: well that's it, I'm done with this particular knife. Its going back to Golden. Even tightening the pivot so the action is so stiff the knife doesn't snap shut there's a ton of side to side play. Guess it'll be a while before I try one of these in SE.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

It might be an illusion caused by the camera lens, but it sure looks like the scale is warped on on side.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I received my pair. Both came with pivots slightly loose and wiggly. After quickly snugging up both they are good. Neither has side to side play. They both have vertical play, though less than my Stretches though and more than my Delica. The body screws, lockbar pivotsand clip screws were all snug on both.

Overall i am quite happy with them so far. These are crazy light for their size. I was impressed by the Manix 2LW size: weight ratio, but dang these are even more impressive. I'm no weight-weenie, but i like these a lot. I dig the color too, and it matches tons of my clothes and gear.

I was realizing i now have LC200N from Golden, Taichung and now Seki City. :cool:

A linerless salt Stretch like this would rock! :spyder: