SFO inventory

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

SFO inventory

Post by captnvegtble »

I was scrolling through the Spyderco.com knife inventory this morning and realizing that many of the knives through the SFO, especially the higher-end knives (lower production volume?), are "out-of-stock". I'm curious if this is normal for this time of year, or whether Spyderco is having production and inventory problems related to the pandemic?

I don't normally shop on the SFO website, but it seemed odd to me that so many knives were out of stock.
Mushroom

Re: SFO inventory

Post by Mushroom »

To me, it seems like people really take full advantage of the generous "Opfocus discount" and they tend to target the higher end expensive models. Those knives go out of stock soon after they reappear in stock on Spydercos website. Even though they're supposed to be signing an a agreement not to resell the knives they buy through Opfocus, I have a feeling many of them do anyway.
-Nick :bug-red
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Unfortunately I have to agree. I am an OPFOCUS recipient and the fact that some folks take advantage of Spyderco's generosity really infuriates me. There is a limit on the quantity of OPFOCUS discounts you can get yearly now as a result of the disgusting people that abuse the program, but I tend to think that if the abuse continues the program may go away completely. It's a shame that Mr. Glesser's kindness is rewarded with this abuse. :mad:
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

captnvegtble wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:56 am
I was scrolling through the Spyderco.com knife inventory this morning and realizing that many of the knives through the SFO, especially the higher-end knives (lower production volume?), are "out-of-stock". I'm curious if this is normal for this time of year, or whether Spyderco is having production and inventory problems related to the pandemic?

I don't normally shop on the SFO website, but it seemed odd to me that so many knives were out of stock.
While we have seen some delays, I think a contributing factor right now is the volume of orders that we've had through the site recently. There were a lot of orders during the Seconds Sale that included standard inventory products. Right now, we're focused on getting thousands of orders shipped, but once we catch our breath, I'm sure SFO will update inventory on the website. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:47 am
captnvegtble wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:56 am

While we have seen some delays, I think a contributing factor right now is the volume of orders that we've had through the site recently. There were a lot of orders during the Seconds Sale that included standard inventory products. Right now, we're focused on getting thousands of orders shipped, but once we catch our breath, I'm sure SFO will update inventory on the website. ;)

Kristi
Awesome. Thanks TazKristi! I'll keep an eye out. I was hoping the pandemic hadn't hurt Spyderco's business. But based on the Second's Sale enthusiasm, it seems there's plenty of spending going on!