Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ric

Re: Spyderco Online Seconds Sale FAQ

Post by Ric »

I was also not able to create an account.
Grippy

Post by Grippy »

yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:26 pm
Grippy wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:21 pm
I am really trying to give Spyderco some money, but I'm having trouble finding the sale on their website. Is it just under their Specials/Closeout section or am I missing something?
The link won't appear until the sale starts. That happens tomorrow at 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time.
Gees. I'm an idiot. Today is the 2nd.

Guess I'm really, really excited about the sale :o. Thanks.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Check your spam folders. It has been years since I created my account, but I seem to recall a verification e-mail with a link to click.
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:14 pm
I created an account on spyderco.com, but I am unable to sign into my account. I was wondering if there is an email that I need to click on to confirm my account? Or is there just generally a delay in creating the account and being able to sign in?
Yeah I'm not able to either. Never got a confirmation email though I created my account two weeks ago. Just tried logging in again and it says my account has been locked, try again in 5 hours.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Weird. Username password incorrect, login failed. No confirmation email too, checked every folder in my gmail.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I had the same thing happen.
Recovered ID (wasn't what I thought it was)
Reset password
Ready for 2nds sale
DaHolla

Post by DaHolla »

We need some direction on this “new account” issue. It’s not letting you login once the account is created. Help?
vivi

Post by vivi »

Excited to participate in my first seconds sale!

Glad they're posting items gradually instead of everything going in the first five minutes.

Fingers crossed I score a nice fixed blade and a Military tomorrow :)
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Aren't exclusives usually available at the in-person seconds sales? I wonder why they aren't for this sale?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:41 am
Aren't exclusives usually available at the in-person seconds sales? I wonder why they aren't for this sale?
As much as I'd love to get factory seconded exclusives and disappointed that they won't be offering it online, I think this is a good direction on Spyderco 's part. For one it will help in keeping those greedy scalpers and unscrupulous collectors away, folks who will sell seconded exclusives at a profit. These are the usual suspects that crash the servers every time an exclusive drops, so keeping them away from the online sales would be a big help in maintaining the integrity of Spyderco's e-commerce platform and hopefully keep things running smoothly.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Aidenvgreco

Post by Aidenvgreco »

DaHolla wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:44 pm
We need some direction on this “new account” issue. It’s not letting you login once the account is created. Help?
I’m having issues too. If i am unable to create an account will I be able to still participate in the sale?? I’m worried now!
archangel

Post by archangel »

Will we be able to use filters, like for handle material, steel, country of production etc? Just like in the regular website listings? Or will the listing be with limited data and filtering options?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

And another question: will there be seconds offered of Spydies that were only recently made available? Like for example of the Sage Maxamet?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

nerdlock wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:10 am
As much as I'd love to get factory seconded exclusives and disappointed that they won't be offering it online, I think this is a good direction on Spyderco 's part. For one it will help in keeping those greedy scalpers and unscrupulous collectors away, folks who will sell seconded exclusives at a profit. These are the usual suspects that crash the servers every time an exclusive drops, so keeping them away from the online sales would be a big help in maintaining the integrity of Spyderco's e-commerce platform and hopefully keep things running smoothly.
Oh I think they'll be there anyway, bots and all. I'm bummed that exclusives won't be on the table. Really the only item on my wish list is a KW 204P Military. :( I'm sure I'll find something I forgot I wanted though...and probably a lot that I never wanted but man, I am a sucker for a deal... :o
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
NYLife

Post by NYLife »

Add me to the list of not able to create an account, says the cart is empty, I think you can only create an account when you purchasing something, seems like a bug in the system
Be stronger than your excuses
grep

Post by grep »

The password requires a special character (!, @, #, $, %, ^, etc.), I had the same issue where it looked like it created the account the first time but it didn't work because the password was not accepted and the page didn't redirect me back to the form to change it.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Oof, it says my account is locked... .
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
northmanscall

Post by northmanscall »

I had some issues as well with Chrome. After contact with Spyderco they asked for device software combination.

It no worked with Opera Browser and Win 10. Maybe try another Browser besides Chrome.

Best regatds
:bug-red Stefan :bug-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

northmanscall wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:47 am
I had some issues as well with Chrome. After contact with Spyderco they asked for device software combination.

It no worked with Opera Browser and Win 10. Maybe try another Browser besides Chrome.

Best regatds
how did you get in touch with Spyderco?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

I will keep trying my account over the days, I saw the password requirements and tried to create another account. Still not working, I’m afraid this may be the first year I don’t get to participate in a very long time.

Edit: I just tried resetting my password and it says that the username I created doesn’t exist.
Last edited by ShaneInDenver on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.