Para 3 Lefty?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
foofie

Re: Para 3 Lefty?

Post by foofie »

As a right-hander, I would love a Para 3 lefty.

That would allow the button compression lock mod to convert the lefty para3 into a righty button compression lock :D :cool: .
hanzalova

Post by hanzalova »

pantagana23 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 pm
I'm sure Sal will surprise us for Christmas :D
I really hope so.
It would be a dream if it was a LH para 3 LW black blade...
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

hanzalova wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm
pantagana23 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 pm
I'm sure Sal will surprise us for Christmas :D
I really hope so.
It would be a dream if it was a LH para 3 LW black blade...
It would be a dream Para 3 anything :D

You can rule out LW, left hand configuration would not be sold in number such as right hand, so G10 is the most likely option.
Hoping for SPY27 blade.
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

foofie wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 pm
As a right-hander, I would love a Para 3 lefty.

That would allow the button compression lock mod to convert the lefty para3 into a righty button compression lock :D :cool: .

Yep this is why I would want/get one.
Tanmanz

Post by Tanmanz »

Bringing this back from the grave I dropped my Para 3 twice now closing it awkwardly with my left hand, chipped my blade :( Now I stick to using both hands, having a lefty model would be amazing!
wanderingwheelz

Post by wanderingwheelz »

+1000
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear wanderingwheelz:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Main reason why I don’t have a Para 3 . A lefty Para 3 will possibly happen someday, but will appreciate the Lefty PM2 and Military , very grateful in many ways . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
varossdg

Post by varossdg »

The only reason I have not recklessly pulled the trigger on a para3 is because it is a right handed knife. With time....
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

What's the advantage to lefties of pushing the comp lock from L to R instead of R to L if you are closing with two hands or closing the blade by brushing the spine against an object? Asking because I find closing the blade on a standard comp lock in my left hand more comfortable and positive, because I use the thumb to push the comp lock tab--my thumb is already close. Easier and more natural than repositioning the index finger to push the tab.

As a right hander, I think I'd find a leftie comp lock (pushing L to R) more natural to close--as long as it was a two-handed close or a "brush spine against object" close.

However, if the goal is to "shake" the blade closed with one hand, then yeah, I get the difference, because if you're holding the knife in the "wrong" hand (and pushing the comp lock tab with thumb) then your fingers are in the way of the blade as you "shake it closed."

Posting this because I'm not sure I understand the advantage of comp locks that move different directions. But you guys are always good at pointing out what I'm not understanding...

:thinking
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hi Bolster I have both left and right hand PM2 models. Yes I can close a righty but my lefty is more natural closing hands down . I don’t even consider a righty Military or any right handed liner model, a lefty Millie just plain works like it should , no compromise. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau