NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by JD Spydo »

Also the Lions have been kind of like the Browns in that they seem to do really bad with draft picks for whatever reason. The Bengals have been dogs ever since the Boomer Esiason Days>> why they held on to Marvin Lewis as long as they did just defies any logic I can come up with :confused:

And what is sad about the whole thing is that Detroit in years past has always been a great sports town with the Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings franchises. I don't get it either :confused:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:25 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:13 pm
The Lions have to be the worst franchise of all time right?
Not necessarily>> because I remember back in the 70s when the Buccaneers were an expansion team it took several years before they ever got a winning record in one regular season. And some of the original AFL teams ( most are now in the AFC) were dogs with losing records for quite a while after the AFL & NFL both united and became one league>> I think it was 1970 if my memory is not misfiring :o
But the Lions have been the brunt of a lot of bad jokes over the years for sure. In the Jon Kitna days they kind of showed some signs of hope.
The Buccaneers have been around a shorter period of time than the Lions yet they have won a Superbowl... Lions are definitely a worse franchise than the Buccaneers
If you took the won and loss records over the years I'm willing to bet that the overall percentages aren't too far off. I never could figure out why they ever chose Tampa Bay for an NFL franchise to begin with :confused: . Because all through the 70s and 80s the Bucs were just abysmal.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Man this Ravens covid thing is out of control
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:07 pm
Just ridiculous...
I should elaborate, - whether true or not, a Pittsburgh player felt that the Ravens are just not following protocol's.
Last edited by MacLaren on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

He is in the conversation for coach of the year. 😂
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:07 pm
Just ridiculous...
I should elaborate, - whether true or not, a Pittsburgh player felt that the Ravens are just not following protocol's.
One of my neighbors I heard yesterday was diagnosed with COVID 19. What's kind of strange about this guy getting it is that he is one of those guys who washes his hands about 12 to 15 times a day. He even wears a mask driving a car even with no one else in the car. He is a good guy but he is also one of thee most paranoid people I've ever met in my life

And do consider that he is about the 4th person I've heard of that has contracted COVID 19 that also is super paranoid and takes every precaution known to man but still got it :rolleyes: My point is that the disease is so random and there is so little known how it is passed from one person to another. Keeping your immune system operating at a high level I believe is the key to not getting it. Oh and by the way he is only the 3rd person that I know personally in the area I live in that has gotten it. So since February of this year till now I only know of 3 people that they claim has gotten it. The other two ladies I know that got hit with it also got through it just fine.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

All my friends and some of the local businesses I frequent are really hyped up about this upcoming game between the Chiefs and the Buccaneers. I think if the Chiefs could win this one they could come out of this season with a better record than we've had the past two years.

I can't remember any of the regular season games I've heard more hype about in a long time as I have heard about this game.
I would love to know what the TV ratings are for this Chiefs-Bucs game coming up tomorrow. I've also heard that the Miami Dolfins and Cleveland Browns have also had much better TV ratings this season too. Both of those teams have far exceeded my expectations for the season.

In spite of the COVID problem this has been a very interesting NFL season up till now.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
How timely!!! Because Mike McCarthy is reminding me a lot of that guy on the show "Family Guy" :o

I think Mike had the best of intentions and really tried hard but taking that Cowboys job was like going into a hornet's nest :eek: The Cowboys HC job was obviously not a good fit for him at all unfortunately.

I got a feeling that Mike is not going to be the head coach for the Cowboys in the 21-22 season. I just hope that Eric Bieniemy doesn't take that job. I hope Eric takes that Houston Texans HC job.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:52 am
MacLaren wrote:
How timely!!! Because Mike McCarthy is reminding me a lot of that guy on the show "Family Guy" :o

I think Mike had the best of intentions and really tried hard but taking that Cowboys job was like going into a hornet's nest :eek: The Cowboys HC job was obviously not a good fit for him at all unfortunately.

I got a feeling that Mike is not going to be the head coach for the Cowboys in the 21-22 season. I just hope that Eric Bieniemy doesn't take that job. I hope Eric takes that Houston Texans HC job.
Gosh, its really hard to say Joe.
Maybe when Dak returns he might be able to really turn things around. I think he'll be the HC next season though.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:54 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:52 am
MacLaren wrote:

Gosh, its really hard to say Joe.
Maybe when Dak returns he might be able to really turn things around. I think he'll be the HC next season though.
Really in a way I hope you're right. Because a lot of this insanity is not Mike's fault. I'm judging my comments based on the looks I see on Jerry Jones' face on several occasions. You can clearly tell that the man is angry and confused beyond belief.

However with the COVID and all the other distractions this season has had to endure hopefully he'll give Mike at least one more year. Because Mike is a better coach than what this season would indicate. Mike inherited some horrible problems that Jason Garrett left on the plate. Garrett almost destroyed that team and why on GOD's blue planet they would let Garrett stay for almost 10 years is confusing to me to the point of totally insanity. He should have been booted out of Dallas at least 6 years ago IMO.

But I do hope that Eric Bieniemy gets that TEXANS job. I think he would be the perfect guy to work with DeShaun Watson.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:44 am
All my friends and some of the local businesses I frequent are really hyped up about this upcoming game between the Chiefs and the Buccaneers. I think if the Chiefs could win this one they could come out of this season with a better record than we've had the past two years.

I can't remember any of the regular season games I've heard more hype about in a long time as I have heard about this game.
I would love to know what the TV ratings are for this Chiefs-Bucs game coming up tomorrow. I've also heard that the Miami Dolfins and Cleveland Browns have also had much better TV ratings this season too. Both of those teams have far exceeded my expectations for the season.

In spite of the COVID problem this has been a very interesting NFL season up till now.
Yeah, it's amazing that Tom Brady alone still draws those kind of TV ratings! People just cant get enough of Tom Brady! :D ;)
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Yeah it's almost like Tom Brady has been a winner for 20 years and has built a huge fan base or something. I don't get why he gets higher ratings than Sir Patrick? :rolleyes:
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:38 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:44 am

Yeah, it's amazing that Tom Brady alone still draws those kind of TV ratings! People just cant get enough of Tom Brady! :D ;)
And you're so right Mushroom :) Excellent analysis!! Because it's more than obvious that nobody in the USA has any interest in Sir PATRICK MAHOMES at all. Every TV set in the USA will "ONLY" be tuning in to see Lord Brady. I guess I should have known better huh? :confused:

Nope I seriously doubt if that's the case at all. I'm willing to bet serious money that just as many eyeballs will be on Patrick Mahomes as they will with Lord Brady. Gee I wonder why I see about 3 times as many youtube videos on Sir Patrick>> Just an anomaly I'm sure :rolleyes: :D :D
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Well, the chiefs didn't get these kind of ratings last week against their fabled rivals, the Raiders. Just saying... ;)

Hehe! but I know, I know! I was just "poking the bear." :D ;) It's inevitable that two superstar QB's like Brady and Mahomes would draw this kind of attention.

Obviously, the league will do anything they can to improve ratings too, so they only play into the hype for these kinds of matchups. "The GOAT vs. best new QB in the league - Who's going to win?" Even people who aren't fans of either team or QB will watch a game like this.

Should be a good game. :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just saw that the Lions have fired HC Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn.

Somehow, Adam Gase is still employed. :confused:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Wow!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Never trust a guy that walks around with a pencil behind his ear! Lol
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:17 am

Should be a good game. :cool:
Yep that we agree on ;) I would hate to even bet a twenty dollar bill on this game because I really don't know who's going to win it. Because to be painfully honest the Chief's defense has been sort of flat these past two games and I'm not sure that Spags has got the problem solved yet. It's been a real concern throughout Chief's Kingdom this past week.

And Lord Brady sure does have some weapons of his own. I bet whoever wins the game it won't be by more than one TD at the most. Because Sir Patrick has never lost a game by more than one TD and I have confidence that he can at least keep that going if nothing else.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:54 pm

That is weird from two different angles. First off what the heck does the Lions organization benefit by firing him in the middle of the season like that?? And who the heck are they going to get to replace him in the middle of the season???

I also find it weird that Gase just had his bosses give him a vote of confidence recently :confused: :confused: And I can't figure that one out at all because he's actually done far worse than Matt Patricia has :confused: . Realistically I can already see at least 8 head coaching jobs coming up at the end of this NFl season.

I'm quite sure that the TEXANS already have dibbs on Eric Bieniemy. Because if they even have at least two brain cells to rub together they surely won't let Romeo Crennel be a head coach again>>> GOD Forbid!!