NFL Season: 2020-2021

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: NFL Season: 2020-2021

Post by Mushroom »

I agree on pretty much all points, Rick. I personally think Steffon Diggs should be in the MVP conversation. He draws so much attention from other teams and can still make huge plays. I really think he is a key piece to Josh Allen performing at his highest level.

I also think the Steelers will beat the Ravens handily for the same reasons. They just seem to be a different team this year. I agree with Mac too! The Steelers have a real chance at 16-0 this season! :eek: I'm just glad it's not the Chiefs. ;)

And I couldn't have said it any better regarding Taysom Hill... :cool:
I like him as a player, he is an incredible athlete and one of the most versatile players in the league but I'm reluctant to put too much stock into him as a franchise QB just yet.
-Nick :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Taysom Hill is Tim Tebow
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Not going to lie, kind of wish I had a Tebow Patriots jersey. :D
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well with the Turkey Day NFL games fast approaching I'll go ahead and give my Week #12 picks. I'm sure thankful that there is a full day and evening of NFL games because I've always found that most Thanksgiving day festivities are about as boring as watching water evaporate off of a sidewalk :rolleyes: OKAY here is my attempt at going .500 again like I did this past week :o
Texans over the Lions ( I feel so bad for Lion's fans, When Are they ever going to get a real coach?)
Cowboys over WASH ( I think the Cowboys have the talent to salvage the remainder of the season)
Ravens over the Steelers ( The Ravens truly are better than their record might indicate, They've truly had bad breaks so far)
Dolfins over The Jets ( I'm amazed at the Dolfins turn-around this year)
Cardinals over the Patriots ( I sort of feel sorry for ol' Bill, you believe me don't you :D )
Vikings over Panthers ( The Vikes are finally getting it together I think)
Browns over the Jaguars ( You can tell that the Browns really want to win this year)
Colts over The Titans ( This game could go either way but the Colts are hot right now)
Giants over the Bengals ( The Giants last game showed some real effort, they might be improving)
Bills over the Chargers ( Josh Allen is to be taken seriously, His team is the sleeper in the AFC)
Raiders over the Falcons ( Gruden is putting all the pieces together, The Chiefs were very fortunate last week)
Rams over 49ers ( The 49ers are the Paper Tiger this year for sure)
Saints over the Broncos ( The Saints can do it without Brees, huge Superbowl threat IMO)
Chiefs over the Buccaneers ( Andy Reid wants this one in the worst way, So do the Chiefs players)
Packers over the Bears ( I would like to see the Bears win but I just don't think it's possible at this time)
Seahawks over the Eagles ( I told everyone about Wentz several months ago, They should have kept Foles)
Week #12 might be the most entertaining yet, I see the possibility of at least 3 upsets. But we'll see.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:41 pm
I'll swear Nick, I was really rooting for Cam up there in New England. But, he just ain't the player he used to be.
That being said, if Belichick can get a hold of a good QB, then its on like a pot neck bones ( Fred Sanford )
Belichick by a large margin, is the best Coach I've ever saw.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:53 am
Mushroom wrote:
I'll swear Nick, I was really rooting for Cam up there in New England. But, he just ain't the player he used to be.
That being said, if Belichick can get a hold of a good QB, then its on like a pot neck bones ( Fred Sanford )
Now that Tebow is in the discussion, Mac...how do you feel about Tim Tebow?? A certain game, first play of overtime maybe?? :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:21 pm
Taysom Hill is Tim Tebow
I've always felt so bad for Tim Tebow. I really don't think he ever got a fair shake with the NFL. Because the guy I do believe had the potential of being the best back up QB since Frank Reich was back up for Jim Kelley of the old Buffalo Bills back in the 90s. And then Reich has turned out to be a great coach as well.
I'm still baffled as to why the media hated Tim Tebow so badly. I think I know why but it's kind of a sensitive subject. I still think Tebow could be a great back up QB.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I know ol' Bill has got the numbers but I still think that Vince Lombardi or George Halas were the two best coaches in NFL history. And you could throw Tom Landry in that discussion as well.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I know ol' Bill has got the numbers but I still think that Vince Lombardi or George Halas were the two best coaches in NFL history. And you could throw Tom Landry in that discussion as well.
What about Chuck Knoll?
He has more Super Bowls than Landry
But, it does seem like everyone forgets Chuck Knoll when thinking about the greatest coaches of all time
He was pretty quiet seems like anyways + what other head coach of the N.F.L. is in to Russian Literature? :D
Last edited by MacLaren on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:06 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
Now that Tebow is in the discussion, Mac...how do you feel about Tim Tebow?? A certain game, first play of overtime maybe?? :p
Maybe at Mile High Stadium.....lol, arse! :D

Nah, I always felt as Spydiegirl88, that maybe Tim really didn't get a fair shake. I think Tebow could've played a position other than QB, too.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:12 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:09 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
What about Chuck Knoll?
He has more Super Bowls than Landry
But, it does seem like everyone forgets Chuck Knoll when thinking about the greatest coaches of all time
He was pretty quiet seems like anyways + what other head coach of the N.F.L. is in to Russian Literature? :D
Well I think if the complete truth were known I believe George ( Papa Bear) Halas had more championships than anyone in NFL history. And when you consider what the guys in the old era were up against it might make one pause to re-think it.
Yeah Chuck Knoll had a stacked deck too. I actually liked Bum Phillips better than I did him :D
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Give me don shula or bill Belichick over everyone else
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:41 am
George ( Papa Bear) Halas was the coach for the Chicago Bears from 1920 to 1967 :eek: :eek: I don't think anyone comes close to those numbers. He also won 6 Championships and is tied with Curly Lambeau ( Lambeau Field fame) and our wonderful ol' Bill ( the Lady's choice", especially here at ARROWHEAD :D )
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
I got to meet Coach Shula one day. He belonged to a private Golf & Country Club about 3 miles from where I live. I was raking sand traps. He came right up and shook my hand. Very nice man.
It was so nice of him to come to me. By the time I saw him drive up in his golf cart, I was in shock a little lol
He just came up and introduced himself and we shook hands. He had a really deep voice too. Ill never forget that.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Mushroom wrote:
I agree! I had so much faith and confidence in Cam but even with how he is performing, he isn't the only issue with this team right now. They're missing a larger number of key starters and are really struggling to overcome those losses. It happens though and in reality, it seems irrational to me to expect the Patriots to be the same team this year that they have been over the past twenty years.
Spydergirl88 wrote: Give me don shula or bill Belichick over everyone else
I'm ready, whenever the league is, to see the Lombardi trophy renamed to the "Belichick Trophy." :D ;)

-

Here are my predictions for every game this week:
I feel sorry for Andy Reid this week, Buccaneers probably won't even let them up for air. It's going to be fun waching the Buccaneers eviscerate Patty Mahomes and the chiefs. :D I just don't think Patty will be able to handle the intensity in RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM!

Thats my opinion, please don't ask me to explain myself. I will ignore you. ;)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahahaha, love it!! Though, I'm seeing a 42-27 Chiefs win...and another skipped handshake by Boo Hoo Brady!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Or Bill Walsh. :cool:
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:09 am
Hahahaha, love it!! Though, I'm seeing a 42-27 Chiefs win...and another skipped handshake by Boo Hoo Brady!
LOL You're right that Brady is just being a sore loser... I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt before but after walking away from Jared Goff too, it just couldn't get any more obvious. He's played Mahomes a few times now, so he should be familiar enough with him to shake hands... :D We'll see though.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Y'all leave Tom alone he's just trying to social distance! Lmao
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 am
Spydergirl88 wrote:
I got to meet Coach Shula one day. He belonged to a private Golf & Country Club about 3 miles from where I live. I was raking sand traps. He came right up and shook my hand. Very nice man.
It was so nice of him to come to me. By the time I saw him drive up in his golf cart, I was in shock a little lol
He just came up and introduced himself and we shook hands. He had a really deep voice too. Ill never forget that.
Awesome!
Spydergirl88