Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mushroom

Re: Vale Michael Scott.

Post by Mushroom »

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news! My sincerest condolences to him and his family. :(
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I had a gut feeling that something was wrong because he hadn't been here since mid September. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

How very sad. Prayers for him and his family.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Really saddened to hear this.

I did not know Michael too well, but we exchanged two or three friendly pms while my roughly two years here and discussed some things on the forum -he always did this in a constructive, open minded manner.
He was a really knowledgeable and helpful guy, never made a secret of his illness but also never complained,but did stay positive.

My condolences to his family - and Alex/Bloke, also to you since you lost a friend.

Ruhe in Frieden, Michael!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:51 pm
****, was just talking about him the other day and was concerned this was why he was gone. I know he was fighting like ****. May he RIP. I know this year has totally been the worst year ever and can relate, lost my dad three weeks ago. I hope and pray 2021 is a better year.

Sorry to hear that Josh. My condolences to you and your family.

Gernot
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Rest In Peace, Michael -- Prayers and hugs go out to the family as well his long list of friends.

Michael was an extraordinary and very unique man, and I learned a lot from him on many levels for a good while.

We mostly talked of things military in nature, we actually had a good bit in common. Michael served onboard the Buchannon, DDG 14 (Destroyer) as a Fire Control Technician, and was involved in the waning days of Cuban Missile Crisis in the early 1960s; I would relish in the sharing of our military experiences back and fourth with him, also being VFW.

Michael ended his service as an E6 (Petty Officer First Class), but was groomed for taking the test for CPO (Chief Petty Officer -- E7) when he decided to take his Honorable Discharge after eight years active and within two weeks, he enrolled in college. Served eight years all in all and I did also.

Michael really lived the life -- what an intellect, what a strong heart and the experiences he had under him are quite impressive, indeed.

When you talked with Michael, you know you were talking with a very wise man. ;)

We stayed in fairly regular contact, very proud to have called him my friend.
But when he passed, I thought I was going to be more prepared than I was. :(

This is rough, and runs deep. We miss our buddy ...so much so, that words do not suffice.

See ya on the other side, Michael 'Golden Shellback' Scott!

-- SB / Bruce
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

SkullBouncer wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:27 am
Rest In Peace, Michael -- Prayers and hugs go out to the family as well his long list of friends.

Michael was an extraordinary and very unique man, and I learned a lot from him on many levels for a good while.

We mostly talked of things military in nature, we actually had a good bit in common. Michael served onboard the Buchannon, DDG 14 (Destroyer) as a Fire Control Technician, and was involved in the waning days of Cuban Missile Crisis in the early 1960s; I would relish in the sharing of our military experiences back and fourth with him, also being VFW.

Michael ended his service as an E6 (Petty Officer First Class), but was groomed for taking the test for CPO (Chief Petty Officer -- E7) when he decided to take his Honorable Discharge after eight years active and within two weeks, he enrolled in college. Served eight years all in all and I did also.

Michael really lived the life -- what an intellect, what a strong heart and the experiences he had under him are quite impressive, indeed.

When you talked with Michael, you know you were talking with a very wise man. ;)

We stayed in fairly regular contact, very proud to have called him my friend.
But when he passed, I thought I was going to be more prepared than I was. :(

This is rough, and runs deep. We miss our buddy ...so much so, that words do not suffice.

See ya on the other side, Michael 'Golden Shellback' Scott!

-- SB / Bruce

As good as an obit can be on a virtual forum filled with enthusiasts not only of knives, but for everything that life can offer. Thank you for sharing an insight into Michael's life and you friendship with him.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Sorry to hear of Michael's passing. Condolences to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace, Michael.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:04 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:51 pm
****, was just talking about him the other day and was concerned this was why he was gone. I know he was fighting like ****. May he RIP. I know this year has totally been the worst year ever and can relate, lost my dad three weeks ago. I hope and pray 2021 is a better year.

Sorry to hear that Josh. My condolences to you and your family.

Gernot
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Condolences Out To You As Well From Here, Josh -- sorry for the loss of your Dad.
That which you wrote really moved me.

--Bruce
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Just now seeing this. I'm not sure that I have words at this moment. Michael, may you rest in peace. You will be greatly missed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

:( This is truly sad news. Rest in peace Michael.
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
sal

Post by sal »

Sad to hear. Michael and I have emailed many times. He was a good man. An asset to this forum. Regards to his family.

R.I.P. Michael.

sal
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

My deepest condolences to Michael's family and friends. He was a great person to talk with and a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace Sir.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Till we form again
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Rip. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 19, right after graduating high school.

I wish he could have met his grandson. Cancer sucks. Condolences to the family and all his friends here and elsewhere.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Very sorry to learn of this.
Will pray for his family
RIP Michael
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers to his family and gentle winds sir.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Dang! I'm really sorry to be reading this! Put a bummer on my weekend for sure. He lived relatively close to brother. I was always hopeful to be able to visit with him one day.

RIP Michael!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Bloke

Re: Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

Post by Bloke »

Dear Forum,

I received this Email from Mrs Barbara Scott, Michael’s wife, earlier today and I’m sure she’d like me to extend the invitation to Michael’s friends here.

I only have an iPhone and I’m basically computer illiterate but I’ll do what I can to login.

Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

When: ‪11/29/2020‬
Time: ‪2pm MST‬ (be sure to convert time zone to your local time if applicable)
Where:  VIRTUAL ZOOM LINK HERE (you will need to create a zoom log-in prior to the event if you do not already have one. It is very easy to do at this site: https://zoom.us/signup )

We invite you to come to our virtual memorial for Michael Scott, who passed on the morning of November 7th 2020. We have a few things planned and will leave time for people to share stories or talk about Michael.

We look forward to having you in our celebration of the life of Michael Scott,
Thanks,
The Scott Family
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ChrisinHove

Re: Virtual Memorial for Michael Douglas Scott

Post by ChrisinHove »

Alex: the meeting link isn’t there, just the sign up link.
Chris