Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JuPaul

Re: Knifecenter Exclusive Police4

Post by JuPaul »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:51 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:33 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:17 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am

:eek: Your hands are definitely XL compared to mine. ;)
What size gloves do you ware Julia?
I could post some pics of the police 4 lightweight in hand later if you want me too.
Thanks! I just got a new pair of MaxGrip gloves in size S/M.

I've got a Military that's already pretty big in my hands. The Police is ~1/2" bigger, right? I've also got a 4" legal limit in MO, and the perpetual issue of dinky women's pockets (the Millie is strictly a back pocket carry for me). I love the design and blade shape on the Police, but I think what I really want is for the Rookie to come back.
Ok Julia, here’s the pics I promised. I wear medium Mechanix gloves and they are tight on me, large still fit but are loose. Here’s the Police 4 lightweight & a teal Delica for size reference. As you can see I have plenty of room on this handle.

I like it, I wouldn’t change a thing.
I highly recommend them; it’s one of the few knives I would seriously consider getting a backup of.

(Sorry pic got turned & I don’t know how to fix it)
Thank you! I may give it a shot one day...very tempting when it's available in hap40 and in k390, two steels I very much enjoy.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am
Ok Julia, here’s the pics I promised. I wear medium Mechanix gloves and they are tight on me, large still fit but are loose. Here’s the Police 4 lightweight & a teal Delica for size reference. As you can see I have plenty of room on this handle.

I highly recommend them; it’s one of the few knives I would seriously consider getting a backup of.

Would you mind doing me one more quick favor? Can you measure the length of the knife that actually rides in the pocket? So from the point where the clip hits your pocket to the tip if the handle?
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Oh boy, here comes another $225 out of Julia's pocket! :p
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 am
Lol - maybe! I've got a pretty long wish list right now, though. Actually I ask about the measurements because I'm having deeper pockets sewn into a couple pairs of pants and I'd like them to hold any knife possible! And yes, before anyone asks...I do realize that altering my clothing to fit my knives makes me a crazy person. :D
- Julia

aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:48 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
And yes, before anyone asks...I do realize that altering my clothing to fit my knives makes me a crazy person. :D
Don't be so quick to beat on yourself. These days the victim and offender role get mixed up way too often. The crazy people, in my mind, are those who decided to design pants with pockets that can't hold knives.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well I think people that think they are sane...are actually the crazy ones, so there's probably more crazy people than sane in this world :eek:

-Rick
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:15 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Yeah I can do that for you when I get home.

Would you mind doing me one more quick favor? Can you measure the length of the knife that actually rides in the pocket? So from the point where the clip hits your pocket to the tip if the handle?
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 am
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:48 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
And yes, before anyone asks...I do realize that altering my clothing to fit my knives makes me a crazy person. :D
Don't be so quick to beat on yourself. These days the victim and offender role get mixed up way too often. The crazy people, in my mind, are those who decided to design pants with pockets that can't hold knives.
True! And the truly insane ones design pants with fake pockets!
- Julia

BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

The answer you’re looking for is 4 1/2 inches. Hope that helps
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:59 pm
JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Perfect. Thank you!
- Julia

steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Just think if some dealer would do a run of these models in Micarta and Cruwear instead of Pakkawood? :eek:

That's the dream...
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Monty

Post by Monty »

A run in serrated would be nice. Seems like this knife had it's roots in serrations or a combo edge.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:33 pm
Just think if some dealer would do a run of these models in Micarta and Cruwear instead of Pakkawood? :eek:

That's the dream...
You and Micarta Cruwear is like Wartstein and the importance of mere millimeters of cutting edge! We allllllll know ;)

-Rick
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

JuPaul wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:07 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:59 pm
JuPaul wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Perfect. Thank you!
No worries, my pleasure.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Cruwear would be interesting. Serrations too. A lightweight Police Salt in LC200N or serrated H1 would have my attention.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

yablanowitz wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
I don't know why people keep saying the P4 is large.

That is what I need on my Military! A swedge....
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I ordered one. Im really liking the police 4, its just such a good large slicer. Im really looking forward to the lightweight k390. I think it will be my beater police model. This one... will probably get some occasional use but I do plan on holding onto it.

Seems the police models dont get the love they deserve. Maybe people have a hard time with the price on this one.

A question though. Is this the first non-production (sprint/exclusive) police model Spyderco has done? If not is it the first non-production police 4? If so I think that makes it kind of special.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
JMM

Post by JMM »

VooDooChild wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:07 pm
I ordered one. Im really liking the police 4, its just such a good large slicer. Im really looking forward to the lightweight k390. I think it will be my beater police model. This one... will probably get some occasional use but I do plan on holding onto it.

Seems the police models dont get the love they deserve. Maybe people have a hard time with the price on this one.

A question though. Is this the first non-production (sprint/exclusive) police model Spyderco has done? If not is it the first non-production police 4? If so I think that makes it kind of special.

I love mine, absolutely fantastic fit and finish. I got it partly because I love the P4, and because I'm trying to reevaluate my Hap40 opinion, but I haven't used mine enough to make any useful decisions yet -- but If you like the P4 G10 then it's a good bet you'll enjoy your new P4, it's just a wee bit thicker in the handle... I know at first I really didn't muss up my pretty TreeRex scales, but at this point it get's more pocket time than any other Shaman I have...

Cheers,

John
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

I have one of these. I have a feeling I will prefer the grippiness of the LW K390 FRN scales when it comes out but I do really like the Pakkawood version. It's got a stainless backspacer as well- one other differentiator from the upcoming FRN.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I want it but it does give me some sticker shock. I have a Delica and Shaman in pakkawood and I like them. I already have a Police4 G10 and I know I like K390 better than HAP40. I may still grab it but it is slipping further down my wishlist lately.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?