Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
legOFwhat?

Re: Pac salt green frn lc200n shipping to dealers!

Post by legOFwhat? »

Cambertree wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:14 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:12 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:07 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:01 pm

:( guess I was too late. Thanks Julia!
Dang! Sorry. The good news is that there will be more!
Got one at Knifeworks! Looks like they have around 6 left! :D

Thanks all!
Thanks, I scored an SE version from KW. :)
Happy to enable! ;)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
tangent

Post by tangent »

tonijedi wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:34 am
But I'm not waiting for the first run of this new Pac Salt, I'm waiting for the Salt 2..
Interested in these early reports none the less.

Exactly...that's why they released the Pac Salt first. If they released the Salt 2 first, the Pac Salt would not sell as well.
Just a theory... :D
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

Got my PE model today. Grind is excellent and the edge is close to the sharpest Spyderco I've ever had. I believe my ZDP FRN Stretch with ZDP-189 was sharper but other than that I can't think of any other models that came this sharp.

https://youtu.be/SWLfNXVdEE0
vivi

Post by vivi »

spoonrobot wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Got my PE model today. Grind is excellent and the edge is close to the sharpest Spyderco I've ever had. I believe my ZDP FRN Stretch with ZDP-189 was sharper but other than that I can't think of any other models that came this sharp.

https://youtu.be/SWLfNXVdEE0
Mine came blazing sharp too. Loving how light these are!

:unicorn
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I've got one on the way, and it should be here by today. I ended up going with serrated, mainly because the stuff I cut at work tends to be covered in mud or dirt, and it doesn't necessarily have to be neatly sliced. I look forward to seeing how well FFG SE LC200N holds an edge compared to FFG SE VG-10 and a serrated Wharncliffe Salt 2 in H1.

Here's hoping the Salt 2 version will be announced soon, because the Delica sized package really is my preference.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Just got mine a few minutes ago. Right off the bat, I needed to snug up the screws, especially the lockbar screw.

The lower part of the ricasso almost has a sintered look, like it was cast.

The jimping is the same way, and it's not as clean as that found on the Delica's I currently own.

There's some odd grind lines on the side of the tang, almost like that area wasn't quite lined up right when it was being finished.It's hard to see in the pic, but the grind lines in that area don't quite match with those on the blade. The blade itself definitely has a coarser finish when I run a fingernail down the blade.

Really, those are just cosmetic issues. The edge is very sharp, and it cleanly push cuts paper. Lock up is tight, and I don't notice any vertical blade play. I wasn't totally a fan of the handle color, but I dig it. It's going to be hard to misplace at work, that's for sure. I'm really looking forward to putting it to use when I go back.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

You should look inside the spyderhole.
If the blade was stamped out, these look just like marking lines from the die/tool. Probably the same thing on the proud sections of the jimping.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

spoonrobot wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:35 pm
You should look inside the spyderhole.
If the blade was stamped out, these look just like marking lines from the die/tool. Probably the same thing on the proud sections of the jimping.

Here's a bit better shot. It's possible it's from the stamping process, and just didn't get cleaned up. The thumbhole doesn't look all that different from my other Spydies.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
ekastanis

Post by ekastanis »

I just got one in SE, and I’m intrigued by the not-so-subtle differences in blade shape between this and the Endura 4 FFG: taller blade, larger Spydie hole set farther back into the ricasso, higher thumb ramp angle (due to both of the previous), slightly more jimping, more obtuse angle formed between blade and handle when open.

I had noticed differences between the Pac Salt 2 and Endura blades (other than Sabre vs FFG), and maybe I’m just ignorant but here I expected a green linerless Endura 4 with LC200N, but the differences are more than that (not that I’m in any way unhappy about it).

Sorry for the bad photos

StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

You know, I was thinking the tip looked a little bulkier compared to the Endura, but I didn't have any way to make a comparison. Interesting that there's such a difference.
Chris

Just say NO to lined FRN
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Received mine yesterday and I'm quite impressed and really love the color! Like others have mentioned pivot screw was loose but it was a non-issue, just gave me an excuse to break out some tools. It did bite me closing a few time....those teeth are quite angry! 🥴

-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Cant wait for the little brother, the green Salt2 :cool:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
tangent

Post by tangent »

^^this^^
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

^^ Agree. Can't wait on the Salt 2 SE.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

So, here’s a silly question that just about nobody can answer.
What would be typical restock time for a Seki knife like this?

I almost ordered it when it was in stock at KC, but figured it would start showing up in Europe soon, and decided wait and to shop (more) locally.

That didn’t work out exactly as planned. Nothing has showed up in Europe yet, and even worse, I realize I’m anticipating this knife more than I expected.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

aicolainen wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm

I almost ordered it when it was in stock at KC, but figured it would start showing up in Europe soon, and decided wait and to shop (more) locally.

That didn’t work out exactly as planned. Nothing has showed up in Europe yet, and even worse, I realize I’m anticipating this knife more than I expected.
Under the best of circumstances, I think only the folks at Spyderco could answer that question. But unfortunately, right now I'm betting that the answer is "no one knows for sure." With covid affecting every step of the process all around the world, I was impressed that the first round of these came out so soon after they were announced. But at least you know for sure that they will come eventually! And hopefully very soon to Europe.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:38 pm
aicolainen wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Under the best of circumstances, I think only the folks at Spyderco could answer that question. But unfortunately, right now I'm betting that the answer is "no one knows for sure." With covid affecting every step of the process all around the world, I was impressed that the first round of these came out so soon after they were announced. But at least you know for sure that they will come eventually! And hopefully very soon to Europe.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Just wondered if any of you more experienced crazy people knew what could be expected under normal circumstances. So I could know just about when to give up hope on a quick restock, stop hitting that refresh button every minute and get back to my normal life... OK, maybe I exaggerated a little. Just a little ;)
sal

Post by sal »

Hey Zombie,

They're laser cut.

I don't think I'd worry about getting one. They're a standard item. Just might take a little longer.

It's certainly an interesting combination.

sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

https://newgraham.com/Spyderco-Pacific- ... SC91FSGR2/

New Graham posted theirs much later than other shops. They're sold out of PE but still have SE stock.

Appears only 2 are left, so be quick.
:unicorn
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Now the European stores say "December" concerning availability - that´s a perspective at least. :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)