Gayle Bradley

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
soc_monki

Re: Gayle Bradley

Post by soc_monki »

I love the snap of a good back lock. My Native Chief really surprised me at how good it sounds and feels!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

She has arrived! Initial inspection says perfect! Great Taichung quality as always, as nicely put together as my sage 5 was, and my amalgam. The edge is VERY sharp, and action is smooth as can be! Detent is a bit light, but normal for Taichung. Little bit of lock stick that should subside with a little cycling. Ergos are awesome! I love it already!!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

soc_monki wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:47 am

She has arrived! Initial inspection says perfect! Great Taichung quality as always, as nicely put together as my sage 5 was, and my amalgam. The edge is VERY sharp, and action is smooth as can be! Detent is a bit light, but normal for Taichung. Little bit of lock stick that should subside with a little cycling. Ergos are awesome! I love it already!!
Good to hear! I got my GB2 out last night to reduce all the cardboard in my recycling bin into little pieces

What does Mr. Potato Head in the back ground think of it? :D
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:27 am

Good to hear! I got my GB2 out last night to reduce all the cardboard in my recycling bin into little pieces

What does Mr. Potato Head in the back ground think of it? :D
Mr. Potato Head has developed googly eyes and a crooked mustache for it already!

zeroed4x

Post by zeroed4x »

Dazen wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 am
While I think the GB2 is a great knife, please please please bring back the Air!
YES YES YES I'll buy two of them.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Agreed on both counts. Maybe a poll to bring back the Air? Not sure how to set one up.
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

Anyone else have trouble with the clip on the gb2? I simply hate it. It doesn't have enough open space on the end to clip it to ANY of my jeans. I can clip it on my pajamas but I don't think that's the intended use. I am going to have to bend it with pliers.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Matt Deaner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:15 pm
Anyone else have trouble with the clip on the gb2? I simply hate it. It doesn't have enough open space on the end to clip it to ANY of my jeans. I can clip it on my pajamas but I don't think that's the intended use. I am going to have to bend it with pliers.
Nope... Works perfectly for me like all of my Spydies. The only brand I've had clip problems with is Cold Steel. Way too tight, so a little bend here, a little sanding the texture of a scale here... Lol
aquaseafoamshaman

Post by aquaseafoamshaman »

Matt Deaner wrote:
If you are still having issues, the LynchNW Para 3 left handed clip fits just about perfect on the GB2 for rh tip up. The opposite would work for a leftie (para 3 right hand clip).
Matus

Post by Matus »

Out of curiosity - I had a GB2 bfriefly and actually managed to cut myself on the tip of a full closed knife. Is the tip so close to the end of the handle on all of GB2s? On GB1 this is not an issue.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
wirelessjunkie

Post by wirelessjunkie »

Matt Deaner wrote:
I had to do the same thing with many solid Taichung pocket clips, as they wouldnt always let me easily slide the knife into my pocket without the end of the clip hitting the lip of the pockets on several sets of pants that I wear (mainly Carhartts and Dickies). A slight bend upward will fix the issue.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Matus wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:20 am
Out of curiosity - I had a GB2 bfriefly and actually managed to cut myself on the tip of a full closed knife. Is the tip so close to the end of the handle on all of GB2s? On GB1 this is not an issue.
If I push hard I can feel the tip with the end of my finger. I didn't manage to cut myself though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Matus

Post by Matus »

Thanks, I have pretty skinny fingers with skin not really used to harder work, so I probably managed to squeeze it between the scales more than others would.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...