Cruwear Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cycletroll

Cruwear Endura

Post by Cycletroll »

When the Cruwear Delica came out some time ago I became very excited about the prospect of an Endura in one of my favorite steels.
Seems like an obvious homerun :)
Any idea on why there has not been any word on this?
steelcity16

Re: Cruwear Endura

Post by steelcity16 »

There has been no word. I thought for sure we would have seen a Grey/Satin Cruwear Endura or Dragonfly by now as a follow up to last year's Delica. Or at least a rerun of the Delica given the popularity. It sold out within hours/minutes at every dealer, and most dealers limited it to 1 per customer. It was a huge hit. I hope the Endura and Dragonfly are coming soon.

DLT would also be wise to run the Endura and Dragonfly, as well as the Endela and Police LW in their new OD Green/TiCN Cruwear combo. The Endura is the one I am waiting for as well. This combo is really my grail knife for me. I have fallen for the Endura this year.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Good question. I sold my Delica in CW and regret it a little. A new Endura Cruwear with that gray FRN would bring back that joy for me, and I think CW in a larger blade makes sense.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

steelcity16 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 am
There has been no word. I thought for sure we would have seen a Grey/Satin Cruwear Endura or Dragonfly by now as a follow up to last year's Delica. Or at least a rerun of the Delica given the popularity. It sold out within hours/minutes at every dealer, and most dealers limited it to 1 per customer. It was a huge hit. I hope the Endura and Dragonfly are coming soon.

DLT would also be wise to run the Endura and Dragonfly, as well as the Endela and Police LW in their new OD Green/TiCN Cruwear combo. The Endura is the one I am waiting for as well. This combo is really my grail knife for me. I have fallen for the Endura this year.
Agreed! Grail for sure. I honestly believe a Cruwear Endura could suffice for 99%
of my knife needs.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'd love to buy Enduras in M390, Cruwear, and S90V.

Have the K390 on order already.

Black blades, not a big thing for me. Do like the black clips.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'm still waiting for a Cruwear Endura. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see one.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Mastiff wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:35 pm
I'm still waiting for a Cruwear Endura. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see one.

It's coming. DLTJordan will be our savior! I know it! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

In Spyderdge!
brancron

Post by brancron »

I will be buying pretty much every new Endura that comes out: I’m an Endura fanatic! The only steels I don’t currently have are the old AUS-8 and AUS-6 ones.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I'm with you brancron. Endura is a fave for me too.
I have tons of more expensive knives but more often than not it's a good old Endura in my pocket ;)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

brancron wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:45 pm
I will be buying pretty much every new Endura that comes out: I’m an Endura fanatic! The only steels I don’t currently have are the old AUS-8 and AUS-6 ones.

I'm also hoping they expand the Pink S30V to the Endura and Dragonfly. Especially the TiCN coated versions.

They also really need to add a blacked out FFG PE model and an FFG SE model to the lineup as well.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

dj moonbat wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:41 pm
In Spyderdge!

+1
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I’ve passed on a Cruwear Delica a couple of times, now, hoping for a Cruwear Endura variant.

Surely, if zdp and k390 warrant production runs, Cruwear does too.
twelchlen

Post by twelchlen »

I emailed DLT about a cruwear OD green dragonfly, and they said they have discussed it. So there may be hope.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Surely, if zdp and k390 warrant production runs, Cruwear does too
Yep, I think so also. Everything Cruwear sells pretty quickly and can be difficult to source. I'd buy an Endura ( or two) and an Endela as well as a Stretch.

OTOH I'm still waiting on the K390 Endura. This has been pretty late.
jdw

Post by jdw »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:02 pm
Surely, if zdp and k390 warrant production runs, Cruwear does too
Yep, I think so also. Everything Cruwear sells pretty quickly and can be difficult to source. I'd buy an Endura ( or two) and an Endela as well as a Stretch.

OTOH I'm still waiting on the K390 Endura. This has been pretty late.

Very real question. Why is this? It seems like fancy D2 to me. Is the production process that much more difficult?
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Maybe a much less used steel?

Cruwear endura makes more sense than a cruwear dragonfly - how much abuse are you putting on a small knife?
GJMcD

Post by GJMcD »

shunsui wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:34 pm
I'd love to buy Enduras in M390, Cruwear, and S90V.

Have the K390 on order already.

Black blades, not a big thing for me. Do like the black clips.
I’d definitely be interested in all three of these as well.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Back when the OD green, Cruwear Delica came out, I started a thread asking DLT if they had any plans to run an Endura in this combo. Their response:
DLTJordan wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am
Its been discussed, the Endura sells significantly slower than the Delica, which in turn sells significantly slower than the Manix 2/Para 2 class of exclusive knives. It makes it hard to give the green light to a batch of the quantity we usually order. Personally I'd love to see it, I really like the Endura, but right now I don't have an ETA.
Here's the thread if anyone is interested:
viewtopic.php?t=87645
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:32 pm
Back when the OD green, Cruwear Delica came out, I started a thread asking DLT if they had any plans to run an Endura in this combo. Their response:
DLTJordan wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am
Its been discussed, the Endura sells significantly slower than the Delica, which in turn sells significantly slower than the Manix 2/Para 2 class of exclusive knives. It makes it hard to give the green light to a batch of the quantity we usually order. Personally I'd love to see it, I really like the Endura, but right now I don't have an ETA.
Here's the thread if anyone is interested:
viewtopic.php?t=87645

Yeah, I've asked Jordan numerous times about an Endura and Military exclusive in Cruwear and have received the same response. I think we will see the Military in the Cru-ple eventually. Hopefully an Endura will come as well. They may want a break from the server melt-downs with a nice slow sale that still sells out in a week or two like the Delica. :D