2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VooDooChild

Re: 2020 Seconds Sale - BREAKING NEWS

Post by VooDooChild »

Awesome!
I can finally get some seconds.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

This is unexpected.
Well.... I'll see, still, there are some high taxes to pay when importing something to my country, but it could be worth it.
But honestly, apart from some fixed blades (Junction, Bradley Bowie) I am not really looking for something.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very exciting!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Very exciting!!! I’m in!!!

Unfortunately I predict a massive server crash followed by the flooding of eBay with factory seconds, many of which will not be disclosed as seconds.

The Spydercrew is both creative and clever so I guess we will see what they come up with. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:24 am

Unfortunately I predict a massive server crash followed by the flooding of eBay with factory seconds, many of which will not be disclosed as seconds.

The Spydercrew is both creative and clever so I guess we will see what they come up with. :)

Ugh. I've been victim to this. One of the knives I bought before on the secondary market before was way, way off the retail price. I asked the seller about issues and stuff, and his reply (as well as a few pictures) made me believe that it had no other issue on it other than being used. Imagine my surprise upon receiving it that it had the telltale tiny indent on the blade marking it as a factory second. That is a legitimate fear right there, that unscrupulous flippers will sell these seconds for a profit on secondary. :(
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

nerdlock wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:03 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Ugh. I've been victim to this. One of the knives I bought before on the secondary market before was way, way off the retail price. I asked the seller about issues and stuff, and his reply (as well as a few pictures) made me believe that it had no other issue on it other than being used. Imagine my surprise upon receiving it that it had the telltale tiny indent on the blade marking it as a factory second. That is a legitimate fear right there, that unscrupulous flippers will sell these seconds for a profit on secondary. :(
If a factory second is spotted on eBay, and is not listed as a factory second...can it be reported? I sure hope so, and would keep my eyes peeled!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:10 am
nerdlock wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

If a factory second is spotted on eBay, and is not listed as a factory second...can it be reported? I sure hope so, and would keep my eyes peeled!

Unfortunately, the telltale indent on the blade for factory seconds is so miniscule it can be easily hidden away by camera angles in pictures. That's what happened to me, the seller sent me several pics of the knife but because of how it was photographed and how small that mark is I could not see that it was a factory second. Unless the seller is upfront about it, there is just no reliable way of detecting a factory second based on pictures alone. :(
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
bearfacedkiller

nerdlock wrote:
Ugh. I've been victim to this.
Unfortunately I speak from experience as well. It has been brought up on the forums occasionally as well. It definitely happens.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:10 am
Sure, you can report it. In my experience Ebay doesn’t really care. I used to report a lot of fakes and they never seemed to do anything about it so I gave up. It is an online flea market so caveat emptor. If you get burned then dispute it.
-Darby
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The ebay flooding with factory seconds happens every year, it can't be stopped. Buyer beware always. I think we've all been tricked on ebay before. Also these seconds will flood the BF exchange as well. Flippers gonna flip, but I still have hope this will be a good experience having an online seconds sale
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

They still notch above the Spyderhole, right?
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

So... when do I get my golden ticket? :D
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Any estimate how much is the shipping to Europe?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

This is going to be amazing!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
archangel

Post by archangel »

tonijedi wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:13 am

From Spyderco's own webshop (https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... g-returns/) :

"
International Orders (Includes Guam, Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico)
Total Order Amount of $0.01 to $99.99 – $25.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

Total Order Amount of $100.00 to $399.99 – $45.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

Total Order Amount of $400 or more – $60.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303-279-8383 x 107.
"
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

BREAKING NEWS...my first thought was Trump won the election :D

Will be tough to get anything with so many desperadoes lurking around, with their muscle memory finely tuned on their credit cards ready to fire :D

Can Spyderco post the lists with available items sometime around 10AM-UTC/GMT :D
Monty

Post by Monty »

Sorry to hear this. Like the cancelled Blade Show and Gathering this year, it's sad to see our meetups cancelled.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

archangel wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:00 am
tonijedi wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:13 am

From Spyderco's own webshop (https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... g-returns/) :

"
International Orders (Includes Guam, Virgin Islands, Canada, and Mexico)
Total Order Amount of $0.01 to $99.99 – $25.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

Total Order Amount of $100.00 to $399.99 – $45.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

Total Order Amount of $400 or more – $60.00 – USPS International Priority Mail

International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303-279-8383 x 107.
"

Oooof! I got so used having shipping included in the cost when buying from online knife dealers and third-party sellers there in the US that I totally forgot to check what Spyderco's shipping policies are to local US addresses. :D
york2

Post by york2 »

Great! Finally able to participate
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Good luck to everyone and I mean absolutely no offense to anyone, but this is going to be a complete **** show.
Josh