DLT Cruwear purple Para3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Maximumsmoochy

Re: DLT Cruwear purple Para3

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:14 am
Those look really nice. Nothing I'm interested in ... but I will confess, those look really nice!!!

CG
Those look really nice. I was interested, tried to buy, got shut out, convinced myself No Big Deal, now I see these pictures and feel sad.
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:30 am
This might be the first exclusive series where I actually try to collect each one, I like them so much.
Careful! That's a slippery slope! :)

I few years ago I said I'd never try collect all versions of a dealer exclusive. I really like red/black look of the SNK exclusives. Not to mention most of them have had 4V steel which I really like. Now I find myself all the models and have plans on buying others as they're released even if they're something I wouldn't normally buy (Chief, Military, etc). I figure it'll give me the opportunity to try something out of my comfort zone. Who knows I may end up liking it much more than I thought
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Arkansaw

Post by Arkansaw »

Jordan, if you're still lurking, let's see a Dragonfly sprint in a nice stainless super steel like 20cv or m390!
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 am
JuPaul wrote:
This might be the first exclusive series where I actually try to collect each one, I like them so much.
Indeed. I committed myself to being Rex 45 complete in 2018...then Reveal 4 happened.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Sharp Guy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

I few years ago I said I'd never try collect all versions of a dealer exclusive. I really like red/black look of the SNK exclusives. Not to mention most of them have had 4V steel which I really like. Now I find myself all the models and have plans on buying others as they're released even if they're something I wouldn't normally buy (Chief, Military, etc). I figure it'll give me the opportunity to try something out of my comfort zone. Who knows I may end up liking it much more than I thought
Yeah, if it goes the way of the BladeHQ jade/m4 series I'd end up with quite a few knives! But like you said, it's also an excuse to try something new. ;)
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

Yeah, if it goes the way of the BladeHQ jade/m4 series I'd end up with quite a few knives! But like you said, it's also an excuse to try something new. ;)
I know some will cringe when they read this but, even though I've carried and used most (if not all) of them, I have a whole bunch of different knives to rotate through. So they'll likely stay in nice shape for a long time. I don't think I'll be hurt too bad financially if I ever decide I don't need them anymore.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Monty

Post by Monty »

I sold my crucarta shaman to someone who missed out (at cost) and I don't own a PM3 so I tried for this one to have the steel in a new (to me) format. Didn't score but I'm accustomed to the process now, it's not the end of the world.

Don't know why this thread is so long, it's hardly the first time demand has exceeded supply for an exclusive. Just beating a dead horse?
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am
nerdlock wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:01 am
Can't wait for mine! Will take a while though. Makes me wonder what model is DLT going to drop next? Possibly a Manix or a Para 3 lw? (based on their releases of their red m390)
For whatever reason their 20CV Manix seemed to be a slow seller, especially the 2nd time around. I wonder if they will try a different model because of that?

Maybe because it isn't a PM2 / Para 3? :)

At this point I think that could only be the logical answer. Any knife dealer that drops a PM2 / Para 3 exclusive will have their entire supply consumed within 5 mins. bar none. That's how outrageous the demand for these knives have become by collectors and flippers alike.

But I'm not even complaining that the 20CV Manix was a slow seller. It's the only way I got mine. So I hope that for everyone's sanity (and also so that everyone will have a good opportunity to snag a copy) they'd do the Manix next. :D of course if it's a Para3 LW, much better! :)
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

This one’s coming back around on 3/28!

Personally, I’d prefer OD Green. I do have some Ranger Green scales lying around…
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

The restock gets a black lock bar and steeper price. But I love my Barney 3.
MRj “Weak things break!”
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I'm just glad DLT has made sure everyone who wants one gets one. The black and purple being such lookers is just the icing on the cake
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Today is the day!
MRj “Weak things break!”
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I really want one.....But I must pass in favor of something I have planned in a couple of weeks. Perhaps this will stay around for a while and I will be able to grab one.
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Darn! I didn't realize this was a restock and ordered it when I have the first one...I wish DLT would have stated that in their ads and release info. Maybe they did and I missed it. Off to the auction site.
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

CXXX wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:00 pm
Darn! I didn't realize this was a restock and ordered it when I have the first one...I wish DLT would have stated that in their ads and release info. Maybe they did and I missed it. Off to the auction site.

The re-stock version is slightly different as all of the metal is blacked-out...liners and comp lock. This does change up the look for me. I will replace the original with the new version
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

sn0wman72 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:46 pm
CXXX wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:00 pm

The re-stock version is slightly different as all of the metal is blacked-out...liners and comp lock. This does change up the look for me. I will replace the original with the new version

Yes the upgrade is nice. I have a couple restocked para3’s but this is the first to get upgraded with black liners. Maybe a REC para3 with upgraded liners would sell in the blink of an eye.
MRj “Weak things break!”